Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting find values between values in two different fields Post 302507048 by redse171 on Tuesday 22nd of March 2011 03:59:27 PM
Old 03-22-2011
Hi Chubler_XL,

It works great!! Thanks so much for kind help Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

plus values from two files differient fields.

Hi Everyone, I have two files: filea: Sun Jun 21 14:37:56 2009 1 2 3 Sun Jun 21 11:47:16 2009 2 3 4 fileb: Sun Jun 21 14:37:56 2009 1 2 3 Sun Jun 21 11:47:17 2009 33 44 55 The output is filec: Sun Jun 21... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

distinct values of all the fields

I am a beginner to scripting, please help me in this regard. How do I create a script that provides a count of distinct values of all the fields in the pipe delimited file ? I have 20 different files with multiple columns in each file. I needed to write a generic script where I give the number... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vukkusila
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

distinct values of all the fields

I am a beginner to scripting, please help me in this regard. How do I create a script that provides a count of distinct values of all the fields in the pipe delimited file ? I have 20 different files with multiple columns in each file. I needed to write a generic script where I give the number... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vukkusila
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning fields values to different variables

Hi, I have this code: cat file.txt | awk -F, 'NR==1{print $6","$8","$10","$20","$21","$19}' > file.tmp VAR1=`cat file.tmp | cut -d "," -f1` VAR2=`cat file.tmp | cut -d "," -f2` VAR3=`cat file.tmp | cut -d "," -f3`; VAR4=`cat file.tmp | cut -d "," -f4`; VAR5=`cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tr0cken
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in finding sum for values in 2 different fields

Hi there, I have 2 files in following format cat file_1 Storage Group Name: aaaa HBA UID SP Name SPPort ------- ------- ------ 0 21 Storage Group Name: bbbb HBA UID... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpkumar10
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the X highest values in a list depending on the values of another list with bash/awk?

Hi everyone, This is an exemple of inpout.txt file (a "," delimited text file which can be open as csv file): ID, Code, Value, Store SP|01, AABBCDE, 15, 3 SP|01, AABBCDE, 14, 2 SP|01, AABBCDF, 13, 2 SP|01, AABBCDE, 16, 3 SP|02, AABBCED, 15, 2 SP|01, AABBCDF, 12, 3 SP|01, AABBCDD,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeremy589
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the values of multipledot(.) separated fields?

Hello, I have a file which has the following contents : thewall............0000000000200000 kmemfreelater......0000000000000000 kmemgcintvl........0000000000000002 kmeminuse..........00000000223411C0 allocated..........0000000029394000 bucket.......... @.F1000A02800C2158 The mentioned... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate values in specific column and delete all the duplicate values

Dear folks I have a map file of around 54K lines and some of the values in the second column have the same value and I want to find them and delete all of the same values. I looked over duplicate commands but my case is not to keep one of the duplicate values. I want to remove all of the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajmar
4 Replies
XtAllocateGC(3) 						   XT FUNCTIONS 						   XtAllocateGC(3)

NAME
XtAllocateGC - obtain a sharable GC with modifiable fields SYNTAX
GC XtAllocateGC(Widget w, Cardinal depth, XtGCMask value_mask, XGCValues *values, XtGCMask dynamic_mask, XtGCMask unused_mask); ARGUMENTS
values Specifies the actual values for this GC. value_mask Specifies which fields of the values are specified. w Specifies the widget. depth Specifies the depth for which the returned GC is valid, or 0. dynamic_mask Specifies the fields of the GC that will be modified by the caller. unused_mask Specifies the fields of the GC that will not be needed by the caller. DESCRIPTION
The XtAllocateGC function returns a sharable GC that may be modified by the client. The screen field of the specified widget or of the nearest widget ancestor of the specified object and the specified depth argument supply the root and drawable depths for which the GC is to be valid. If depth is zero the depth is taken from the depth field of the specified widget or of the nearest widget ancestor of the speci- fied object. The value_mask argument specifies the fields of the GC that will be initialized with the respective members of the values structure. The dynamic_mask argument specifies fields that the caller intends to modify during program execution. The caller must ensure that the corre- sponding GC field is set prior to each use of the GC. The unused_mask argument specifies fields of the GC that are of no interest to the caller. The caller may make no assumptions about the contents of any fields specified in unused_mask. The caller may assume that at all times all fields not specified in either dynamic_mask or unused_mask have their default value if not specified in value_mask or the value specified by values. If a field is specified in both value_mask and dynamic_mask, the effect is as if it were specified only in dynamic_mask and then immediately set to the value in values. If a field is set in unused_mask and also in either value_mask or dynamic_mask, the specification in unused_mask is ignored. XtAllocateGC tries to minimize the number of unique GCs created by comparing the arguments with those of previous calls and returning an existing GC when there are no conflicts. XtAllocateGC may modify and return an existing GC if it was allocated with a nonzero unused_mask. SEE ALSO
XtGetGC X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libXt 1.1.3 XtAllocateGC(3)