Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse configuration file & add line in particular section Post 302507024 by Aeudian on Tuesday 22nd of March 2011 02:59:32 PM
Old 03-22-2011
Thanks you for your assistance, I really do appreciate it. Everything seems to be working flawlessly.

Thanks again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help find a section line of a file

hi, I have a 20 line file. I need a command which will brinf back a specific line based upon the line number I enter. e.g. the file looks like this and is called file1 jim is a man john is a woman james is a man wendy is a woman lesley is a woman i want a command that will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed & awk--get section of file based 2 params

I need to get a section of a file based on 2 params. I want the part of the file between param 1 & 2. I have tried a bunch of ways and just can't seem to get it right. Can someone please help me out.....its much appreciated. Here is what I have found that looks like what I want....but doesn't... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andy Cook
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED help (remove line::parse again::add line)

Aloha! I have just over 1k of users that have permissions that they shouldn't under our system. I need to parse a provided list of usernames, check their permissions file, and strip the permissions that they are not allowed to have. If upon the permissions strip they are left with no permissions,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malumake
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and extract by section from configuration

Hi, I understand either AWK or SED can do this, but I not sure how to extract the following configuration in section. Meaning when I need to find code with " ip helper-address 192.168.11.2" , it would start from "interface Serial0/0" and "interface FastEthernet0/1". Only displaying both section... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haphazard
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse Multi-Section Configuration File

Hello all, Sample configuration file: username = root password = admin IpAddress = 192.168.2.90 HttpCommand = /getfile?hello.jpg Username = root2 Password = admin2 Passive = no Host = 192.168.1.100 Path = /uploads Username = root3 Password = adming Passive = no Host =... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAVco
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Line & File Manipulation - add spaces between characters

Is there an awk, sed, vi or any line command that adds Field Separators (default spaces) to each line in a file? $cat RegionalData 12FC2525MZLP8266900216 12FC2525MZLP8266900216 12FC2525NBLP8276900216 12FC2525NBLP8276900216 Desired results: 1 2 F C 2525 MZ LP 826 690 02 16 1 2 F C... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MS75001
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prepend first line of section to each line until the next section header

I have searched in a variety of ways in a variety of places but have come up empty. I would like to prepend a portion of a section header to each following line until the next section header. I have been using sed for most things up until now but I'd go for a solution in just about anything--... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagrus
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep or print each section of a file on one line with a separator

I can obtain information from itdt inventory command however it display as below, I'd like to print each entity on one line but seperated by : the file is something like and each section ends with Volume Tag Drive Address 256 Drive State ................... Normal ASC/ASCQ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse section of csv into array

In the awk below I am trying to parse the Sample Name below the section. The values that are extracted are read into array s(each value in a row seperated by a space) which will be used later in a bash script. The awk does execute but no values are printed. I am also not sure how to print in a row... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change file section into each line?

Hi Gurus, I have below file which has different sections, need to move the sections to beginning of the each record. original file aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff output file. aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
6 Replies
SVN_UPDATE(3)								 1							     SVN_UPDATE(3)

svn_update - Update working copy

SYNOPSIS
int svn_update (string $path, [int $revno = SVN_REVISION_HEAD], [bool $recurse = true]) DESCRIPTION
Update working copy at $path to revision $revno. If $recurse is true, directories will be recursively updated. PARAMETERS
o $path - Path to local working copy. Note Relative paths will be resolved as if the current working directory was the one that contains the PHP binary. To use the calling script's working directory, use realpath(3) or dirname(__FILE__). o $revno - Revision number to update to, default is SVN_REVISION_HEAD. o $recurse - Whether or not to recursively update directories. RETURN VALUES
Returns new revision number on success, returns FALSE on failure. NOTES
Warning This function is EXPERIMENTAL. The behaviour of this function, its name, and surrounding documentation may change without notice in a future release of PHP. This function should be used at your own risk. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Basic example This example demonstrates basic usage of this function: <?php echo svn_update(realpath('working-copy')); ?> The above example will output something similar to: 234 SEE ALSO
svn_checkout(3), svn_commit(3), SVN documentation for svn update. PHP Documentation Group SVN_UPDATE(3)