Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse configuration file & add line in particular section Post 302506985 by pravin27 on Tuesday 22nd of March 2011 12:08:12 PM
Old 03-22-2011
Could this help you ?
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
my ($server,@flds,$answer,$i,@path,$ret);
system("clear");
{
local $/="\n\n";
$server='Target iqn.2011-03.stroageserver.workgroup.net:VMware.Storage.1';
open(FH,"ietd.conf") or die "$!\n";
while (<FH>){
chomp;
if(/$server/) {
@flds=map("$_\n",grep(/Lun/,split(/\n/)));
foreach (@flds) {s/^\s+//g; print ++$i.") ".$_;}
}
}
}
close(FH);
printf "Enter option:";
$answer=<STDIN>;
chomp;
die  "Invalid Option\n" if ($answer <= 0 ||  $answer > $i);
open(FH,"ietd.conf") or die "$!\n";
{
        local $/="\n\n";
        while(<FH>){
        if(/$server/) {
        @path=split(/=/,$flds[$answer-1]);
        $path[1]=~s/,.*$//g;
        system("./pass_variable.sh $path[1]");
        s/$flds[$answer-1]\s*//g;
        } print $_;
        }

}
close(FH);

Code:
#cat pass_variable.sh
#!/bin/sh
echo ""
echo "Bash script start"
echo $1
echo "Bash script end"
sleep 2

Please make bash script executable using
Code:
chmod +x pass_variable.sh

Last edited by pravin27; 03-22-2011 at 02:46 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help find a section line of a file

hi, I have a 20 line file. I need a command which will brinf back a specific line based upon the line number I enter. e.g. the file looks like this and is called file1 jim is a man john is a woman james is a man wendy is a woman lesley is a woman i want a command that will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed & awk--get section of file based 2 params

I need to get a section of a file based on 2 params. I want the part of the file between param 1 & 2. I have tried a bunch of ways and just can't seem to get it right. Can someone please help me out.....its much appreciated. Here is what I have found that looks like what I want....but doesn't... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andy Cook
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED help (remove line::parse again::add line)

Aloha! I have just over 1k of users that have permissions that they shouldn't under our system. I need to parse a provided list of usernames, check their permissions file, and strip the permissions that they are not allowed to have. If upon the permissions strip they are left with no permissions,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malumake
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and extract by section from configuration

Hi, I understand either AWK or SED can do this, but I not sure how to extract the following configuration in section. Meaning when I need to find code with " ip helper-address 192.168.11.2" , it would start from "interface Serial0/0" and "interface FastEthernet0/1". Only displaying both section... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haphazard
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse Multi-Section Configuration File

Hello all, Sample configuration file: username = root password = admin IpAddress = 192.168.2.90 HttpCommand = /getfile?hello.jpg Username = root2 Password = admin2 Passive = no Host = 192.168.1.100 Path = /uploads Username = root3 Password = adming Passive = no Host =... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAVco
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Line & File Manipulation - add spaces between characters

Is there an awk, sed, vi or any line command that adds Field Separators (default spaces) to each line in a file? $cat RegionalData 12FC2525MZLP8266900216 12FC2525MZLP8266900216 12FC2525NBLP8276900216 12FC2525NBLP8276900216 Desired results: 1 2 F C 2525 MZ LP 826 690 02 16 1 2 F C... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MS75001
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prepend first line of section to each line until the next section header

I have searched in a variety of ways in a variety of places but have come up empty. I would like to prepend a portion of a section header to each following line until the next section header. I have been using sed for most things up until now but I'd go for a solution in just about anything--... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagrus
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep or print each section of a file on one line with a separator

I can obtain information from itdt inventory command however it display as below, I'd like to print each entity on one line but seperated by : the file is something like and each section ends with Volume Tag Drive Address 256 Drive State ................... Normal ASC/ASCQ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse section of csv into array

In the awk below I am trying to parse the Sample Name below the section. The values that are extracted are read into array s(each value in a row seperated by a space) which will be used later in a bash script. The awk does execute but no values are printed. I am also not sure how to print in a row... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change file section into each line?

Hi Gurus, I have below file which has different sections, need to move the sections to beginning of the each record. original file aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff output file. aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
6 Replies
SVN::Hooks::UpdateConfFile(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   SVN::Hooks::UpdateConfFile(3pm)

NAME
SVN::Hooks::UpdateConfFile - Maintain the repository configuration versioned. VERSION
version 1.19 SYNOPSIS
This SVN::Hooks plugin allows you to maintain the repository configuration files under version control. The repository configuration is usually kept in the directory "conf" under the directory where the repository was created. In a brand new repository you see there the files "authz", "passwd", and "svnserve.conf". It's too bad that these important files are usually kept out of any version control system. This plugin tries to solve this problem allowing you to keep these files versioned under the same repository where they are used. It's active in the "pre-commit" and the "post-commit" hooks. It's configured by the following directive. UPDATE_CONF_FILE(FROM, TO, @ARGS) This directive tells that after a successful commit the file FROM, kept under version control, must be copied to TO. FROM can be a string or a qr/Regexp/ specifying the file path relative to the repository's root (e.g. "trunk/src/version.c" or "qr:^conf/(w+).conf$:"). TO is a path relative to the "/repo/conf" directory in the server. It can be an explicit file name or a directory, in which case the basename of FROM is used as the name of the destination file. If FROM is a qr/Regexp/, TO is evaluated as a string in order to allow for the interpolation of capture buffers from the regular expression. This is useful to map the copy operation to a diferent directory structure. For example, this configuration "qr:^conf/(w+).conf$: => '$1.conf'" updates any .conf file in the repository conf directory. The optional @ARGS must be a sequence of pairs like these: validator => ARRAY or CODE A validator is a function or a command (specified by an array of strings that will be passed to the shell) that will check the contents of FROM in the pre-commit hook to see if it's valid. If there is no validator, the contents are considered valid. The function receives three arguments: A string with the contents of FROM A string with the relative path to FROM in the repository An SVN::Look object representing the commit transaction The command is called with three arguments: The path to a temporary copy of FROM The relative path to FROM in the repository The path to the root of the repository in the server generator => ARRAY or CODE A generator is a function or a command (specified by an array of strings that will be passed to the shell) that will transform the contents of FROM in the post-commit hook before copying it to TO. If there is no generator, the contents are copied as is. The function receives the same three arguments as the validator's function above. The command is called with the same three arguments as the validator's command above. actuator => ARRAY or CODE An actuator is a function or a command (specified by an array of strings that will be passed to the shell) that will be invoked after a successful commit of FROM in the post-commit hook. The function receives the same three arguments as the validator's function above. The command is called with the same three arguments as the validator's command above. rotate => NUMBER By default, after each successful commit the TO file is overwriten by the new contents of FROM. With this option, the last NUMBER versions of TO are kept on disk with numeric suffixes ranging from .0 to ".NUMBER-1". This can be useful, for instance, in case you manage to commit a wrong authz file that denies any subsequent commit. UPDATE_CONF_FILE( 'conf/authz' => 'authz', validator => ['/usr/local/bin/svnauthcheck'], generator => ['/usr/local/bin/authz-expand-includes'], actuator => ['/usr/local/bin/notify-auth-change'], rotate => 2, ); UPDATE_CONF_FILE( 'conf/svn-hooks.conf' => 'svn-hooks.conf', validator => [qw(/usr/bin/perl -c)], actuator => sub { my ($contents, $file) = @_; die "Can't use Gustavo here." if $contents =~ /gustavo/; }, rotate => 2, ); UPDATE_CONF_FILE( qr:/file( +)$:' => 'subdir/$1/file', rotate => 2, ); AUTHOR
Gustavo L. de M. Chaves <gnustavo@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by CPqD. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-24 SVN::Hooks::UpdateConfFile(3pm)