Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extract a field from a long sentence! Post 302506902 by danmero on Tuesday 22nd of March 2011 08:12:38 AM
Old 03-22-2011
Code:
awk -F'[=" ]' '{for(x=y;x++<NF;){if($x=="LENGTH")print $(x+3)}}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtract 100 from first field in long list? Simple manipulation?

It sounds so easy to do. I have a file thats laid out like this.. number text text text text (etc about 15 times with various text fields) I want to take the first field, "number", subtract 100 from it, and then put it back in the file. a simple little manipulation of the first field in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trim leading zeros to make field 6 characters long

Hi all- I've got a file that will have multiple columns. In one column there will be a string that is 10 digits in length, but I need to trim the first four zeros to make it 6 characters? example: 0000001234 0000123456 0000234566 0000000321 output: 001234 123456 234566 000321 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cailet
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to ask for a sentence and then count number of spaces in the sentence

Hi People, I need some Help to write a unix script that asks for a sentence to be typed out then with the sentence. Counts the number of spaces within the sentence and then echo's out "The Number Of Spaces In The Sentence is 4" as a example Thanks Danielle (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie101208
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trim the sentence containing colon and period to extract a word in between

Hello All , i am a newbie in korn shell scripting trying to trim a sentence that is parsed into a variable . The format of the sentence has three words that are separated from other by a " : " colon and "." period . Format of the sentence looks like ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract from a long sentence

Hi, There's a long sentence from which I need to extract only the part which is at the right side of the word LENGTH i.e. 15 long sentence : <INPUT VAR1 ="" DATATYPE ="number(p,s)" VAR2 ="" VAR3 ="3" VAR4="0" VAR5 ="ELEMITEM" VAR6 ="NO" VAR7 ="NOT A KEY" VAR8 ="17" LEVEL ="0" NAME... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a word from sentence

$SET_PARAMS='-param Run_Type_Parm=Month -param Portfolio_Parm="997" -param From_Date_Parm="2011-08-09"' Want to extract the value of "Portfolio_Parm" from $SET_PARAMS i.e in the above case "997" & assigned to new variable. The existence order of "Portfolio"Parm" can change, but the name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SujeethP
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple long field separators

How do I use multiple field separators in awk? I know that if I use awk -F"", both a and b will be field separators. But what if I need two field separators that both are longer than one letter? If I want the field separators to be "ab" and "cd", I will not be able to use awk -F"". The ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sentence and its details from a text file based on another file of sentences

Hi I have two text files. The first file is TEXTFILEONE.txt as given below: <Text Text_ID="10155645315851111_10155645333076543" From="460350337461111" Created="2011-03-16T17:05:37+0000" use_count="123">This is the first text</Text> <Text Text_ID="10155645315851111_10155645317023456"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract only relevant part from a sentence?

Hello All, I have a file with details such as below. How do i extract only the host and port ? eg: dbs.ads.com 1521 (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=dbs.ads.com)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=vug)))... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnJacobChacko
5 Replies

10. Programming

SQL issues comparing Long field to sysdate

I am having hard time with this sql: select partition_name, high_value FROM user_tab_partitions WHERE table_name = 'WNP_TPRESPONSE_INSTANCE' and to_char(high_value) <= to_char(sysdate - 15, 'yyyymm') ; I get an error: ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected CHAR got LONG... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
1 Replies
tracker-extract(1)						   User Commands						tracker-extract(1)

NAME
tracker-extract - Extract metadata from a file. SYNOPSYS
tracker-extract [OPTION...] FILE... DESCRIPTION
tracker-extract reads the file and mimetype provided in stdin and extract the metadata from this file; then it displays the metadata on the standard output. NOTE: If a FILE is not provided then tracker-extract will run for 30 seconds waiting for DBus calls before quitting. OPTIONS
-?, --help Show summary of options. -v, --verbosity=N Set verbosity to N. This overrides the config value. Values include 0=errors, 1=minimal, 2=detailed and 3=debug. -f, --file=FILE The FILE to extract metadata from. The FILE argument can be either a local path or a URI. It also does not have to be an absolute path. -m, --mime=MIME The MIME type to use for the file. If one is not provided, it will be guessed automatically. -d, --disable-shutdown Disable shutting down after 30 seconds of inactivity. -i, --force-internal-extractors Use this option to force internal extractors over 3rd parties like libstreamanalyzer. -m, --force-module=MODULE Force a particular module to be used. This is here as a convenience for developers wanting to test their MODULE file. Only the MOD- ULE name has to be specified, not the full path. Typically, a MODULE is installed to /usr/lib/tracker-0.7/extract-modules/. This option can be used with or without the .so part of the name too, for example, you can use --force-module=foo Modules are shared objects which are dynamically loaded at run time. These files must have the .so suffix to be loaded and must con- tain the correct symbols to be authenticated by tracker-extract. For more information see the libtracker-extract reference documen- tation. -V, --version Show binary version. EXAMPLES
Using command line to extract metadata from a file: $ tracker-extract -v 3 -f /path/to/some/file.mp3 Using a specific module to extract metadata from a file: $ tracker-extract -v 3 -f /path/to/some/file.mp3 -m mymodule ENVIRONMENT
TRACKER_EXTRACTORS_DIR This is the directory which tracker uses to load the shared libraries from (used for extracting metadata for specific file types). These are needed on each invocation of tracker-store. If unset it will default to the correct place. This is used mainly for testing purposes. The default location is /usr/lib/tracker-0.10/extract-modules/. TRACKER_EXTRACTOR_RULES_DIR This is the directory which tracker uses to load the rules files from. The rules files describe extractor modules and their sup- ported MIME types. The default location is /usr/share/tracker/extract-rules/. TRACKER_USE_CONFIG_FILES Don't use GSettings, instead use a config file similar to how settings were saved in 0.10.x. That is, a file which is much like an .ini file. These are saved to $HOME/.config/tracker/ SEE ALSO
tracker-store(1), tracker-sparql(1), tracker-stats(1), tracker-info(1). /usr/lib/tracker-0.10/extract-modules/ /usr/share/tracker/extract-rules/ GNU
July 2007 tracker-extract(1)