Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Alternative to saving history Post 302506768 by jacki on Monday 21st of March 2011 11:41:31 PM
Old 03-22-2011
Alternative to saving history

Hi!

We have a non-root account in which history is disabled. Is there any other way to save commands that get executed through that account.

I don't have root privileges on the system.

Please suggest...

Thanks,
Jack.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bashrc not saving changes

I am trying to do some changes at bashrc file located at /etc directory of my server. First I tried to edit bashrc via FTP downloaded on my pc changed it and loaded back, but it seems like changes are not reflecting. Therefore I tried to change it via putty shel using vim bashrc command. but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninadgac
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to review the history and the commands that has been done in this history?

Hello every body, Kindly inform me How Do i find out the time I executed a command previously on UNIX Solaris?? To be more specific and more clear about what i want to know is that I want a command the enables me to know the history and which command i run at this history/time. FYI I used... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The history command: See other users command history

Can anyone tell this: If two users are logged into the same server from different locations. Is there a way to see the history command of the other user? I tried the history command, but it is showing me only the commands I used. Thanks in advance for your help. Iamnew2solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Saving to usb

Greetings. I am trying to save a file to a usb from solaris 10. If I do rmformat, I see my usb, but can't find a location to tell things to save to or figure out how to save/view the files on the disk. Any help/thoughts/etc would be appreciated. Thanks! ~K (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuriosity_prime
20 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Saving first n lines of history

Say you want to clear your .bash_history except for the first 25 lines. Try: sed -i -e 26,500d .bash_historyI have a some frequently-used routines parked in the first few lines, and they kept getting overwritten by more recent commands. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xubuntu56
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX History | YouTube Video

I am pleased to announce this new video in 1080 HD for UNIX lovers honoring thirty years of UNIX history spanning from 1969 to 1999 presented in 150 seconds (two and a half minutes) in 1080 HD, celebrating the 50th anniversary of UNIX. The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies
PAM_KSU(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						PAM_KSU(8)

NAME
pam_ksu -- Kerberos 5 SU PAM module SYNOPSIS
[service-name] module-type control-flag pam_ksu [options] DESCRIPTION
The Kerberos 5 SU authentication service module for PAM, pam_ksu for only one PAM category: authentication. In terms of the module-type parameter, this is the ``auth'' feature. The module is specifically designed to be used with the su(1) utility. Kerberos 5 SU Authentication Module The Kerberos 5 SU authentication component provides functions to verify the identity of a user (pam_sm_authenticate()), and determine whether or not the user is authorized to obtain the privileges of the target account. If the target account is ``root'', then the Kerberos 5 princi- pal used for authentication and authorization will be the ``root'' instance of the current user, e.g. ``user/root@REAL.M''. Otherwise, the principal will simply be the current user's default principal, e.g. ``user@REAL.M''. The user is prompted for a password if necessary. Authorization is performed by comparing the Kerberos 5 principal with those listed in the .k5login file in the target account's home directory (e.g. /root/.k5login for root). The following options may be passed to the authentication module: debug syslog(3) debugging information at LOG_DEBUG level. use_first_pass If the authentication module is not the first in the stack, and a previous module obtained the user's password, that password is used to authenticate the user. If this fails, the authentication module returns failure without prompting the user for a password. This option has no effect if the authentication module is the first in the stack, or if no previous modules obtained the user's password. try_first_pass This option is similar to the use_first_pass option, except that if the previously obtained password fails, the user is prompted for another password. SEE ALSO
su(1), syslog(3), pam.conf(5), pam(8) BSD
May 15, 2002 BSD