Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Calling macro in shell_exec not working Post 302506515 by tweine on Monday 21st of March 2011 04:48:06 AM
Old 03-21-2011
Quote:
Well, obviously. But what does it do? Does it print any error messages?
It doesnt do anything. After clicking the upload button, the .doc file just uploads, but not converted. It reloads the page. Also, it doesnt display any errors.

Quote:
Depends what you want to be able to read it. You haven't told me exactly what you're doing as who so that's hard to just guess.
Then i guess the permission of the macro file should be executable by the apache or non-root users? since the user that runs the php is Apache?

Quote:
You need to create yourself a real user account ASAP. You can't just go around running ordinary applications as root all the time, that's dangerous.
Yes I already have my own user account. Should the macro file be created using my account or other accounts other than the root? What would be the difference if the macro is created not using the root account?

Sorry for too many question.. Smilie

---------- Post updated at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:28 AM ----------

Followup question. Im not sure which is the macro file.. Is it the "Module1.xba" file? Thanks! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling current working dir from script

Hello, I am having problem in setting current working directory from shell. I want to set pwd as an environmental variable in a script. I am following an existing script which is defined as HOME=$(shell dirname `pwd`) C_HOME=$(shell echo $(HOME) | sed -e 's:\/:\\\/:g' ) But when I am trying... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandra004
3 Replies

2. Programming

Make-question - redefine a macro, using another macro..?

I think there is no problem to use any macro in a new macro definishion, but I have a problem with that. I can not understand why? I have a *.mak file that inludes file with many definitions and rules. ############################################## include dstndflt.mak ... One of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with PHP and shell_exec!!!

Hi, I've been working on a PHP script which is "supposed" to find an individuals weather based on their geolocation. This script uses "shell_exec". I have checked my syntax and it is correct, but there is still something missing; for when I call on the script using: <form action='/weather.php'... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh is not working while calling through expect shell script

Hi, Please share you experience and way out on below error:--> #!/bin/bash -xv FILE=login.txt + FILE=login.txt CONNECT=sshlogin.exp + CONNECT=sshlogin.exp SERVERNAME=$1 + SERVERNAME=192.168.12.1 MyServer="" + MyServer= MyUser="" + MyUser= MyPassword="" + MyPassword= exec 3<&0 +... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish_1678
6 Replies

5. Web Development

trouble with shell_exec()

If you aren't familiar with LaTeX, don't stress.. it's just a document markup language that I use for creating Math documents. Anyway, if I execute "latex /home/destructo/Desktop/example.tex" inside my command prompt (ubuntu), it will create the desired document... I decided to try to create a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tyrick
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

c binary not being executed with shell_exec()

I have written a c program. And compiled it to make a binary. Now when i try to call this binary from php page, it is not being executed. [ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xerox
2 Replies

7. Web Development

php shell_exec

Hey guys i've recently been getting into php programming and i became thinking was it possible to create a php script that would allow you to run a terminal from the browser page? All i've pretty much got so far is: $var = $_GET; $output = php shell_exec($var); echo $output; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordfirex
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling awk from php not working

I want to run awk from php to do some text processing. I am giving an extremely simple example below: onecol.awk file ------------------- { print "Hello!"; } f1.txt --------- aaa ccc eee f2.txt --------- (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mary271
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus with shell_exec(); PHP command

Hi, I need to run a PL/SQL Query from a distant oracle server in order to create spool files and send it to my own server, using a php script. I firstly created a SH script called myscript.sh #!/bin/bash echo "This script is working" sqlplus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgstag
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell_exec is not working

I am trying to execute a command with shell_exec but this command does not work, other commands work <?php $output = shell_exec("tail /var/log/syslog"); echo "<pre>$output</pre>"; ?> (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rodrigo_Bueno
4 Replies
FDM(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    FDM(1)

NAME
fdm -- fetch and deliver mail SYNOPSIS
fdm [-hklmnqv] [-a account] [-D name= value] [-f conffile] [-u user] [-x account] [fetch | poll] DESCRIPTION
The fdm program fetches mail from a POP3 or IMAP server or from stdin and delivers it based on a ruleset in the configuration file. The options are as follows: -a name Process only the specified account. This option may appear multiple times. The account name may include shell glob characters to match multiple accounts. -D name=value This option defines a macro for use when parsing the configuration file. The macro name must be prefixed with $ or % to specify a string or numeric macro. This option may appear multiple times. -f conffile Specify the configuration file location. Default is ~/.fdm.conf, or /etc/fdm.conf if that doesn't exist. -h Look at the HOME environment variable to ascertain the user's home directory. -k Keep all mail after delivery, regardless of whether it matches a drop action. Note that mails kept in this way will be refetched by fdm if it is run again on the same account. -l Log using syslog(3) rather than to stderr. -m Ignore the lock file and run regardless of other instances of fdm. -n Do not process any accounts, just verify the configuration file syntax and exit. -q Quiet mode. Only print errors. -u user Specify the default user for delivery. This overrides the default-user option in the configuration file. -v Request verbose logging. This option may be specified multiple times. -vv will print information on configuration (useful with -n). -vvvv duplicates all traffic to and from remote servers to stdout. This feature is disabled when using the -l flag. -x name Exclude the named account. Multiple -x options may be specified. As with -a, shell glob characters may be used. fetch | poll | cache The fetch command instructs fdm to fetch and deliver messages. The poll command polls the accounts in the configuration file and reports a message count for each. cache allows fdm cache files to be manipulated: see the next section. CACHE COMMANDS
The following cache manipulation commands are supported: cache add path string cache remove path string Add or remove string as a key in the cache at path. cache list [path] List the number of keys in the specified cache, or if path is omitted, in all caches declared in the configuration file. cache dump path Dump the contents of the cache path to stdout. Each key is printed followed by a space and the timestamp as Unix time. cache clear path Delete all keys from the cache at path. FILES
~/.fdm.conf default fdm configuration file /etc/fdm.conf default system-wide configuration file ~/.fdm.lock default lock file /var/db/fdm.lock lock file for root user SEE ALSO
mail(1), fdm.conf(5), sendmail(8) AUTHORS
Nicholas Marriott <nicm@users.sourceforge.net> BSD
December 22, 2008 BSD