Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help required for creating script. Post 302506367 by danmero on Sunday 20th of March 2011 10:01:19 AM
Old 03-20-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugitive
1. . Go to a pre-defined directory and look for a specific pattern txt files like abc12* and select the latest file with abc12*
What do you understand by "latest"

Quote:
Code:
ls |awk '{if($NF ~ "fin") {print $NF}}' | sort -r | sed -ne '1p

What is the output of ls ? Do you have space in filename? Maybe a ls -r *fin* | head -1 can solve your problem.

Quote:
2. If file exist then put it for further processing in another command

Code:
k="$( cat $i | cut -d"|" -f49 )"

You don't need the cat Smilie k="$( cut -d"|" -f49 $i )"

Quote:
Code:
"${i}" >> "/tmp/outputs/${k}"

Where you declare ${i} ? Try to post your script.

Quote:
4. Then move the file to some different folder and clean up the current directory.

Code:
rm -rf $i

Do you need a temporary file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script help required!

Hi there, i am trying to create a script that checks for the existence of users on the system, if they exist then their details should print on the screen with a message that the id is in use. I am having a bit of trouble with it. Any ideas? Cheers Kev! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kev112
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

plz help me by creating required shell script

Dear all I am new to shell script. And this is my first post to this site as well as this forum. I would like to tell this forum that I require shell script, which is regarding transfers of files from a specific directory in a server A to server B on a specific directory through sftp command.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in creating a shell script that filters the unwanted pattern

Kindly help, Suppose i am having a file that has got the following contents. Is there any way (eg. sed command) to remove the (*) (*any number) pattern. se.bas tulf.h (1) tuna.c (1) tunsim.c (1) tus.cpp (1) vp.c (1) vp.h (1) vpi. (1) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why root permissions required for creating of RAW Socket

To create RAW socket in Unix/Linux why should one have root permissions? Any other work around to create raw sockets in Unix/Linux using a normal login id? Since I don't have super user credentials and I want to create RAW sockets. Let me know if you are aware of any work around. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilgurwara
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting required fields from a test file in required fromat in unix

My data is something like shown below. date1 date2 aaa bbbb ccccc date3 date4 dddd eeeeeee ffffffffff ggggg hh I want the output like this date1date2 aaa eeeeee I serached in the forum but didn't find the exact matching solution. Please help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Creating A Solaris Zone - Unable to install - Are network settings required?

Hi i have created a solaris zone but have not yet connected any network cables for this new zone, can i set the zone up without running the command 'add net' and not adding an ip or physical interface? i tried to add dummy internet settings and get this zonecfg:coddr> add net... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbiesolaris10
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a File system with required permissions for all DIR's created in

Hello All, I am application admin. I need to clear all the temporary files cleared by the applications. I need help/suggestion that is there any way to create a file system such that every Dir created in by any user will have 775 permissions. So, that i can simply clear the temporary file which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl Script:how to find how many parameters are required to run the script

How to find how many parameters are required to run a Perl script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating a file in required format form another existing file

I have a text file with contents like this: a,b,c, d~e,f,g,h~i,j ,k,l,m~n,o,p,q~ I need to convert this file into this format unix shell script commands: a,b,c,d~ e,f,g,h~ i,j,k,l,m~ n,o,p,q~ as you may have noticed, I need to retain the ~ signs at the end. Any help is greatly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsha1238
3 Replies