Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Store the files details in different file using bash Post 302506350 by danmero on Sunday 20th of March 2011 06:57:41 AM
Old 03-20-2011
Code:
#!/bin/bash
ls -l |\
while read line
do
        case ${line%% *} in
                 rwxr-xr-x)     echo "$line" >> file1;;
                drwxr-xr-x)     echo "$line" >> file2;;
                -rwxr-xr-x)     echo "$line" >> file3;;
                -rw-------)     echo "$line" >> file4;;
                -rw-r--r--)     echo "$line" >> file5;;
        esac
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

store images into databases or path to file system files ?

hi, I need a quick information about storing images into mysql databases. Is more convenient to store a path to the filesystem folder in which the images are stored, or is possible to directly store the images into my tables ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Most reliable way to store file contents in an array in bash

Hi Guys, I have a file which has numbers in it separated by newlines as follows: 1.113 1.456 0.556 0.021 -0.541 -0.444 I am using the following code to store these in an array in bash: FILE14=data.txt ARRAY14=(`awk '{print}' $FILE14`) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find diff bet 2 files and store result in another file

Hi I want to compare 2 files. The files have the same amount of rows and columns. So each line must be compare against the other and if one differs from the other, the result of both must be stored in a seperate file. I am doing this in awk. Here is my file1: Blocks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

to read two files, search for patterns and store the output in third file

hello i have two files temp.txt and temp_unique.text the second file consists the unique fields from the temp.txt file the strings stored are in the following form 4,4 17,12 15,65 4,4 14,41 15,65 65,89 1254,1298i'm able to run the following script to get the total count of a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at -l doesnt give details of the scheduled job. How to get the details?

I have scheduled couple of shell scripts to run using 'at' command. The o/p of at -l is: $ at -l 1320904800.a Thu Nov 10 01:00:00 2011 1320894000.a Wed Nov 9 22:00:00 2011 1320876000.a Wed Nov 9 17:00:00 2011 $ uname -a SunOS dc2prcrptetl2 5.9 Generic_122300-54 sun4u sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superparticle
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute sequential files and store data in single file

1)In a particualr path i have a set of inputfiles like path:/defaultmis/MonthlyLoads/INFA_EXPORT_022013/map* example: 1)map_de 2)map_cod 3)map_feg ........and so on in above path there wil be nearly 15 to 20 files starting with map and in other path i have another file input file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a Perl script within a bash script and store the ouput in a .txt file

I'm attempting to write a bash script that will create a network between virtual machines. It accepts three arguments: an RSpec that describes the network topology, and two list of machines (servers and clients). I have a (working) Perl script that I want to call. This Perl script takes an RSpec... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecaka
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store filenames for wget in bash

I have a bash that downloads a list of files as a text file using wget. What I now need to do is store those files names and pass them to a download call also using wget. List.txt in /home directory FilterDuplicates.html file1.bam file2.bam file3.bam file1.vcf.gz file2.vcf.gz... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to store result in variable for other lines in script to use

I can not figure out how to capture the $filename variable store by the bash. #!/bin/bash # oldest folder stored as variable for analysis, version log created, and quality indicators matched to run dir=/home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/test find "$dir" -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -type d -printf... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to match and store line as variable

The bash below loops through a specific directory dir and finds and writes the oldest folder to a variable called $filename. #!/bin/bash # oldest folder stored as variable for analysis, version log created, and quality indicators matched to run dir=/home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/test find... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
SERVICE(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						SERVICE(8)

NAME
service -- control (start/stop/etc.) or list system services SYNOPSIS
service -e service -R service [-v] -l | -r service [-v] <rc.d script> start|stop|etc. DESCRIPTION
The service command is an easy interface to the rc.d system. Its primary purpose is to start and stop services provided by the rc.d scripts. When used for this purpose it will set the same restricted environment that is in use at boot time (see below). It can also be used to list the scripts using various criteria. The options are as follows: -e List services that are enabled. The list of scripts to check is compiled using rcorder(8) the same way that it is done in rc(8), then that list of scripts is checked for an "rcvar" assignment. If present the script is checked to see if it is enabled. -R Restart all enabled local services. -l List all files in /etc/rc.d and the local startup directories. As described in rc.conf(5) this is usually /usr/local/etc/rc.d. All files will be listed whether they are an actual rc.d script or not. -r Generate the rcorder(8) as in -e above, but list all of the files, not just what is enabled. -v Be slightly more verbose ENVIRONMENT
When used to run rc.d scripts the service command sets HOME to / and PATH to /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin which is how they are set in /etc/rc at boot time. EXIT STATUS
The service utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
The following are examples of typical usage of the service command: service named status service -rv The following programmable completion entry can be use in bash(1) for the names of the rc.d scripts: _service () { local cur cur=${COMP_WORDS[COMP_CWORD]} COMPREPLY=( $( compgen -W '$( service -l )' -- $cur ) ) return 0 } complete -F _service service SEE ALSO
bash(1) (ports/shells/bash), rc.conf(5), rc(8), rcorder(8) HISTORY
The service utility first appeared in FreeBSD 7.3. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Douglas Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
December 11, 2012 BSD