Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Calling macro in shell_exec not working Post 302506155 by Corona688 on Friday 18th of March 2011 04:40:33 PM
Old 03-18-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweine
Hi! Thanks for the reply! Smilie What i means by "doesn't work" is that its not converting the doc file i've uploaded to pdf file.
Well, obviously. But what does it do? Does it print any error messages?
Quote:
Regarding the permissions of the macro file, what should that be?
Depends what you want to be able to read it. You haven't told me exactly what you're doing as who so that's hard to just guess.
Quote:
I created the macro file by logging in as 'root' in the command line
You need to create yourself a real user account ASAP. You can't just go around running ordinary applications as root all the time, that's dangerous.

Your macro file probably can't be read by anything but root. Try listing the permissions on it with ls -l filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling current working dir from script

Hello, I am having problem in setting current working directory from shell. I want to set pwd as an environmental variable in a script. I am following an existing script which is defined as HOME=$(shell dirname `pwd`) C_HOME=$(shell echo $(HOME) | sed -e 's:\/:\\\/:g' ) But when I am trying... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandra004
3 Replies

2. Programming

Make-question - redefine a macro, using another macro..?

I think there is no problem to use any macro in a new macro definishion, but I have a problem with that. I can not understand why? I have a *.mak file that inludes file with many definitions and rules. ############################################## include dstndflt.mak ... One of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with PHP and shell_exec!!!

Hi, I've been working on a PHP script which is "supposed" to find an individuals weather based on their geolocation. This script uses "shell_exec". I have checked my syntax and it is correct, but there is still something missing; for when I call on the script using: <form action='/weather.php'... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh is not working while calling through expect shell script

Hi, Please share you experience and way out on below error:--> #!/bin/bash -xv FILE=login.txt + FILE=login.txt CONNECT=sshlogin.exp + CONNECT=sshlogin.exp SERVERNAME=$1 + SERVERNAME=192.168.12.1 MyServer="" + MyServer= MyUser="" + MyUser= MyPassword="" + MyPassword= exec 3<&0 +... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish_1678
6 Replies

5. Web Development

trouble with shell_exec()

If you aren't familiar with LaTeX, don't stress.. it's just a document markup language that I use for creating Math documents. Anyway, if I execute "latex /home/destructo/Desktop/example.tex" inside my command prompt (ubuntu), it will create the desired document... I decided to try to create a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tyrick
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

c binary not being executed with shell_exec()

I have written a c program. And compiled it to make a binary. Now when i try to call this binary from php page, it is not being executed. [ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xerox
2 Replies

7. Web Development

php shell_exec

Hey guys i've recently been getting into php programming and i became thinking was it possible to create a php script that would allow you to run a terminal from the browser page? All i've pretty much got so far is: $var = $_GET; $output = php shell_exec($var); echo $output; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordfirex
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling awk from php not working

I want to run awk from php to do some text processing. I am giving an extremely simple example below: onecol.awk file ------------------- { print "Hello!"; } f1.txt --------- aaa ccc eee f2.txt --------- (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mary271
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus with shell_exec(); PHP command

Hi, I need to run a PL/SQL Query from a distant oracle server in order to create spool files and send it to my own server, using a php script. I firstly created a SH script called myscript.sh #!/bin/bash echo "This script is working" sqlplus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgstag
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell_exec is not working

I am trying to execute a command with shell_exec but this command does not work, other commands work <?php $output = shell_exec("tail /var/log/syslog"); echo "<pre>$output</pre>"; ?> (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rodrigo_Bueno
4 Replies
page_util_quote(n)					      Parser generator tools						page_util_quote(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing CATEGORY
Page Parser Generator COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(n)