Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Word Frequency Sort
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Word Frequency Sort Post 302505923 by gimley on Friday 18th of March 2011 03:08:08 AM
Old 03-18-2011
Hi Pravin27,
It works and frequency comes first. But the frequency does not seem to sort.
Here is the output
1 Tolkien
1 Smith
1 Gimley
2 Henry
1 Mary
2 John
This is not too bad. I can sort on the frequency if there is no way out.
Many thanks for the help

Gimley

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to sort a word

Can you Tell me how to sort a word (alphabetically using shell scripts only not by using perl script) For example : input word is damodar Output : aaddmor (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gyana_cboy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determining Word Frequency of Specific Terms

Hello, I require a perl script that will read a .txt file that contains words like 224.199.207.IN-ADDR.ARPA. IN NS NS1.internet.com. 4.200.162.207.in-addr.arpa. IN PTR beeriftw.internet.com. arroyoeinternet.com. IN A 200.199.227.49 I want to focus on words: IN... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
23 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Word frequency with additional information

Hello everyone, I am using a chunk of code to display the frequency of a file name in a list of directories. The code looks like this: find . -name "*.log" | cut -d/ -f4 | cut -d. -f1 | awk '{print $1}' | sort | uniq -c | sort -nr The file paths would look something like this:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ToeLint
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

word frequency counter - awk solution?

Dear all, i need your help on this. There is a text file, i need to count word frequency for each word with frequency >40 in each line of file and output it into another file with columns like this: word1,word2,word3, ...wordn 0,0,1 1,2,0 3,2,0 etc -- each raw represents... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: irrevocabile
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with calculating frequency of specific word in a string

Input file: #read_1 AWEAWQQRZZZQWQQWZ #read_2 ZZAQWRQTWQQQWADSADZZZ #read_3 POGZZZZZZADWRR . . Desired output file: #read_1 3 #read_1 1 #read_2 2 #read_2 3 #read_3 6 . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to sort large file with frequency

Hello, I have a very large file of around 2 million records which has the following structure: I have used the standard awk program to sort: # wordfreq.awk --- print list of word frequencies { # remove punctuation #gsub(/_]/, "", $0) for (i = 1; i <= NF; i++) freq++ } END { for (word... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sort word and general numeric sort at the same time

Input file: 100%ABC2 3.44E-12 USA A2M%H02579 0E0 UK 100%ABC2 5.34E-8 UK 100%ABC2 3.25E-12 USA A2M%H02579 5E-45 UK Output file: 100%ABC2 3.44E-12 USA 100%ABC2 3.25E-12 USA 100%ABC2 5.34E-8 UK A2M%H02579 0E0 UK A2M%H02579 5E-45 UK Code try: sort -k1,1 -g -k2 -r input.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting: frequency of specific word in a string and statistics

Hello friends, I need a BIG help from UNIX collective intelligence: I have a CSV file like this: VALUE,TIMESTAMP,TEXT 1,Sun May 05 16:13:05 +0000 2013,"RT @gracecheree: Praying God sends me a really great man one day. Gotta trust in his timing. 0,Sun May 05 16:13:05 +0000 2013,@sendi__... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraterions
19 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort words based on word count on each line

Hi Folks :) I have a .txt file with thousands of words. I'm trying to sort the lines in order based on number of words per line. Example from: word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word to desired output: word (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: martinsmith
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to align/sort the column pairs of an csv file, based on keyword word specified in another file?

I have a csv file as shown below, xop_thy 80 avr_njk 50 str_nyu 60 avr_irt 70 str_nhj 60 avr_ngt 50 str_tgt 80 xop_nmg 50 xop_nth 40 cyv_gty 40 cop_thl 40 vir_tyk 80 vir_plo 20 vir_thk 40 ijk_yuc 70 cop_thy 70 ijk_yuc 80 irt_hgt 80 I need to align/sort the csv file based... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
7 Replies
DPBINDIC(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPBINDIC(1)

NAME
dpbindic - Convert a binary-form dictionary into a text-form dictionary SYNOPSYS
dpbindic [ -xiu [ frequency ] ] binary-file [ text-file ] DESCRIPTION
dpbindic outputs the file information of the binary-form dictionary file specified in binary-file . At this time, the word information of the dictionary can be output in text form to the standard output. To do so, use test-file to specify the text-form dictionary used as the source of binary-form dictionary file. If this specification is omitted, the text dictionary file information in the binary dictionary file will be output. The standard grammar file name is /usr/local/canna/lib/dic/hyoujun.gram. It will be used if the grammar file name specification is omitted. The output format of word information data is specified using an option. OPTIONS
-x Outputs the data without using omission symbol @, which is used when the initial word represents the reading. -i Replaces the reading and word for output. -u Outputs the candidates used in conversion. Outputs all candidates having frequency or more. If frequency is omitted, all candi- dates having frequency 1 will be output. EXAMPLES
(1) If the text-form dictionary file name is omitted: %dibindic iroha.cbd (Text dictionary file name = Directory size + Word size, packed) iroha.swd = 2985 + 5306 pak a4 iroha.mwd = 36276 + 113139 pak a4 (2) If the text-form dictionary file name iroha.mwd is specified: %dpbindic iroha.cbd iroha.mwd (Text dictionary file name = Directory size + Word size, packed) iroha.mwd = 36276 + 113139 pak a4 SEE ALSO
mkbindic(1), dicar(1) DPBINDIC(1)