Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use Awk and Array to get total size of files Post 302505886 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 17th of March 2011 10:53:14 PM
Old 03-17-2011
Code:
#!/bin/sh

ls -lR | egrep ^- > test.txt

Type[1]='"\.avi\$|\.mov\$"'
LABEL[1]=Media

Type[2]='"\.doc\$|\.xls\$"'
LABEL[2]=Document

for count in 1 2;
do
echo count $count
echo ${LABEL[$count]},`eval egrep ${Type[$count]} test.txt |awk -v l="$LABEL[$count]" '{ SUM += $5} END { SUM=SUM/1073741824 ; print l","SUM" GB " }'`
done
df -k /mnt/data | awk 'NR==2{print "Available space ; " $4 / 1048576}'

You could also do a pie chart with gnuplot straight from your unix box Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort files by date, delete oldest, if total size bigger than

hello people i need your help please i want to achieve the following with the simplest, most efficient shell-tools: i have a directory with a lot of files from users. the script should check which partition the dir is on if the partition with the directory is more than 90% full ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scarfake
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find total size for some files?

Hi, I'm newbie to Unix. I'd like to count the total size of those files in my directory by date. For example, files on this period 05/01/08 - 05/31/08. If possible can we count by byte instead of kb. if I use $ du - ks , it will add up all files in the dir. thanks, Helen (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: helen008
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the total file size for certain files per directory

Hi, I am trying to get the total file size for certain files per directory. I am using find /DirectoryPath -name '*.dta' -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '{ print $NF ": " $5 }' > /users/cergun/My\ Documents/dtafiles.txt but this lists all the files in the directories. I need the total... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cergun
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get total size of files

as we use du - sh *.frm In This command It will show the list of files and size But I want the Total size that these files in directory with extension .frm How can we do This (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command for total number of files (and size) across subdirectories?

Hi all... I have a directory called dbrn. This directory contains an unknown number of subdirectories which in turn contain an unknown number of files. What I want to know is: How many files with extention .ABC can be found in /dbrn across all subdirecties, and what is the total size for... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beun
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the total size of all files from a particular date

Hi I have some set of files for a particular date. What is the command that I need to put in for finding the total size of all the files for that particular date. The following command is fetching me the size of all individual files seperately du -h *20101010* 16M file1.20101010 120K... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
10 Replies

8. Solaris

Find the total size of multiple files

If I have a number of files in a directory, for example, test.1 test.2 test.3 abc.1 abc.2 abc.3 and I need to find the total file size of all of the test.* files, I can use du -bc test.* in Linux. However, in Solaris, du does not have the -c option. What can I do in Solaris to get... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnix
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Total size utilizes by the files older than a time span

Through find command I identified the files older that 1 year. I need the overall size utilizes by these 1 year older files. Please share me the command to identify it .Thanks Please post in an adequate technical forum! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sang
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check total files size in hdfs directory?

Is there a way to calculate the total file size of HDFS file directory in GB or MB? I dont want to use du/df command. Without that is there a way HDFS Directory - /test/my_dir (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
1 Replies
et(3erl)						     Erlang Module Definition							  et(3erl)

NAME
et - Main API of the Event Trace (ET) application DESCRIPTION
Interface module for the Event Trace (ET) application EXPORTS
trace_me(DetailLevel, From, To, Label, Contents) -> hopefully_traced Types DetailLevel = integer(X) when X =< 0, X >= 100 From = actor() To = actor() Label = atom() | string() | term() Contents = [{Key, Value}] | term() actor() = term() A function that is intended to be traced. This function is intended to be invoked at strategic places in user applications in order to enable simplified tracing. The func- tions are extremely light weight as they do nothing besides returning an atom. The functions are designed for being traced. The global tracing mechanism in et_collector defaults to set its trace pattern to these functions. The label is intended to provide a brief summary of the event. It is preferred to use an atom but a string would also do. The contents can be any term but in order to simplify post processing of the traced events, a plain list of {Key, Value} tuples is preferred. Some events, such as messages, are directed from some actor to another. Other events (termed actions) may be undirected and only have one actor. trace_me(DetailLevel, FromTo, Label, Contents) -> hopefully_traced Invokes et:trace_me/5 with both From and To set to FromTo . phone_home(DetailLevel, FromTo, Label, Contents) -> hopefully_traced phone_home(DetailLevel, From, To, Label, Contents) -> hopefully_traced These functions sends a signal to the outer space and the caller hopes that someone is listening. In other words, they invoke et:trace_me/4 and et:trace_me/5 respectively. report_event(DetailLevel, FromTo, Label, Contents) -> hopefully_traced report_event(DetailLevel, From, To, Label, Contents) -> hopefully_traced Deprecated functions which for the time being are kept for backwards compatibility. Invokes et:trace_me/4 and et:trace_me/5 respec- tively. Ericsson AB et 1.4.2 et(3erl)