Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Howto compile my own module into the kernel Post 302504978 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 10:06:47 PM
Old 03-15-2011
Quote:
The bad thing about it is: The function to set the hook to the LSM is not exported.
What distribution and version are you on? Which specific function is not exported?

LSM has a pretty complete abstraction layer to allow different security modules to be safely loaded and unloaded without messing with the kernel directly. Look at struct security_operations in /include/linux/security.h to see the huge number of function pointers available to you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto locate locally installed Perl module for a CGI script in APACHE .htaccess

Hi, I have the following simple CGI script, just containg header: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use CGI ':standard'; use lib "/home/myname/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/"; use Mail::Sendmail; I also have included this directive in ~/public_html/.htaccess : SetEnv PERL5LIB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
0 Replies

2. SuSE

max number of slabs per kernel module (kernel 2.6.17, suse)

Hi All, Is there a max number of slabs that can be used per kernel module? I'm having a tough time finding out that kind of information, but the array 'node_zonelists' (mmzone.h) has a size of 5. I just want to avoid buffer overruns and other bad stuff. Cheers, Brendan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brendan Kennedy
4 Replies

3. Linux

How to convert Linux Kernel built-in module into a loadable module

Hi all, I am working on USB data monitoring on Fedora Core 9. Kernel 2.6.25 has a built-in module (the one that isn't loadable, but compiles and links statically with the kernel during compilation) to snoop USB data. It is in <kernel_source_code>/drivers/usb/mon/. I need to know if I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitemp
0 Replies

4. Linux

Compile new kernel in Fedora 5

Hi All, I try to compile new kernel in FC5. New kernel version - 2.6.20.21 Operating System - Fedora 5 I have followed these steps, make menuconfig make make modules make modules_install make install Then i have changed the grub.cong and reboot the system with new kernel. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: viveksnv
0 Replies

5. Debian

compile kernel with OFED

Hello Friends, I know how to compile the kernel . But I don't know how to compile the kernel with OFED. Can any one assist me on that. Or can anyone send me the link. Thank you. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
0 Replies

6. Linux

kernel compile

Dear experts, How can compile the kernel as application mode? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Kernel compile error

Hi I'm compiling a real-time kernel in linux, but after I type make bzImage things end with this: (Things going well doing CC and things).... CC arch/x86/kernel/kgdb.o CC arch/x86/kernel/vm86_32.o CC arch/x86/kernel/early_printk.o CC arch/x86/kernel/ipipe.o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdop
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Compile smbfs module in kernel version 3.10 running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Is there any way to compile smbfs module in kernel 3.10 running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I did a 'make menuconfig' and it shows cifs. I found out online that smbfs is deprecated and replaced by cifs. I have an old system with kernel version 2.4 which only has smbfs (no cifs). Is it possible to compile... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Monil
1 Replies

9. Linux

Unload kernel module at boot time (Debian Wheezy 7.2, 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel)

Hi everyone, I am trying to prevent the ehci_hcd kernel module to load at boot time. Here's what I've tried so far: 1) Add the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf (as suggested here): 2) Blacklisted the module by adding the following string to 3) Tried to blacklist the module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Compile PHP as an Apache module on Solaris

Hi, I need to install php 5.5.30 as an apache (2.4.17) module on Solaris 10. Please any help is wellcome. Some aditional info: /usr/sfw/bin/gcc -v Reading specs from /usr/sfw/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/3.4.3/specs bash-3.2# g++ -v Reading specs from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbslbs
0 Replies
SHUTDOWNHOOK_ESTABLISH(9)				   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual				 SHUTDOWNHOOK_ESTABLISH(9)

NAME
shutdownhook_establish, shutdownhook_disestablish -- add or remove a shutdown hook SYNOPSIS
void * shutdownhook_establish(void (*fn)(void *), void *arg); void shutdownhook_disestablish(void *cookie); DESCRIPTION
The shutdownhook_establish API is deprecated. The shutdownhook_establish() function adds fn to the list of hooks invoked by doshutdownhooks(9) at shutdown. When invoked, the hook func- tion fn will be passed arg as its only argument. The shutdownhook_disestablish() function removes the hook described by the opaque pointer cookie from the list of hooks to be invoked at shutdown. If cookie is invalid, the result of shutdownhook_disestablish() is undefined. Shutdown hooks should be used to perform one-time activities that must happen immediately before the kernel exits. Because of the environ- ment in which they are run, shutdown hooks cannot rely on many system services (including file systems, and timeouts and other interrupt- driven services), or even basic system integrity (because the system could be rebooting after a crash). RETURN VALUES
If successful, shutdownhook_establish() returns an opaque pointer describing the newly-established shutdown hook. Otherwise, it returns NULL. EXAMPLES
It may be appropriate to use a shutdown hook to disable a device that does direct memory access, so that the device will not try to access memory while the system is rebooting. It may be appropriate to use a shutdown hook to inform watchdog timer hardware that the operating system is no longer running. SEE ALSO
doshutdownhooks(9) BUGS
The names are clumsy, at best. BSD
May 14, 2009 BSD