Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to read BGP session information with C Post 302504976 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 09:55:54 PM
Old 03-15-2011
You can use libpcap for this purpose. For an example of how to do it, look at the sources of tcpdump.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus session being able to see unix variables session within a script

Hi there. How do I make the DB connection see the parameter variables passed to the unix script ? The code snippet below isn't working properly. sqlplus << EOF user1@db1/pass1 BEGIN PACKAGE1.perform_updates($1,$2,$3); END; EOF Thanks in advance, Abrahao. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 435 Gavea
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read a part of information from txt and put into the script

Hi, I have a name.txt which is stored: APPLE ORANGE RED BLUE GREEN and my script is: $name=`cat name.txt for file_number in `ls 1 /appl/CH_DATA/archive/CACHE/CDBACKUP$name*.archived however, my script cannot read name.txt and put into my scrip line, I would like the output is to... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
18 Replies

3. Solaris

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10 respectively through xmanager as a nis user, I am able to login in common desktop , but gnome session its not allowing , when I have given login credentials, its coming back to login screen, what shoul I do to allow nis... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read directory and fill a file with this information

Hello All, Got a question to make a script what reads a directory and put the file names from that directory in a file with some extra text. ls /tempdir output is: file1.gfh file2.txt file4.zzz these file names (always with an extention) must be placed in a line and written to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ToXiQ
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and read the RHS information: Linux 2.6.9-89

Hi, I have a config_file.cfg with the content: FILE_ID_1=1 FILE_FTP_ID_1=<FTP_SERVER1.COM> .... FILE_ID_2=2 FILE_FTP_ID_2=<FTP_SERVER2.COM> .... so on for 28 times. As you might have guessed it; the script I have to write is to read this config file and get the FTP server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

Quagga BGP and 2 fullview

Hello, everybody! I need create a BGP router with 2 fullview for balancing 2 channel (50 Mbit\s). I don't know necessary configuration of server. I will have 100 Mbit\s. I will use the Quagga. Help me please! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rezonans
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read userid and password information from txt file

Hi Experts, I am writing a shell script (for displaying disk space details) which is logging to 15 different servers using following command. ssh userid@servername It is prompting me for password for all 15 servers when I manually run it. However , soon I would like to schedule this script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
4 Replies

8. AIX

read lv mountpoint information directly from disk

Hello, I need to get the lv mountpoint from the hdisk directly (from vgda i guess) and not from odm or /etc/filesystems I knew the command, but unfortunately I forgot it ;) cheers funksen (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Log Realtime and Parse out Information for a Report

I'm not too fluent at this and having problems comprehending / coming up with a way to do it. Our telephone system is spitting out call information on it's maintenance (serial) port which i have connected to a linux box. I want to be able to monitor the output of this text and when a 911 call is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pythong
1 Replies
IPFM(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   IPFM(8)

NAME
ipfm - IP Flow Meter SYNOPSIS
ipfm [-c config-file ][--config config-file ] [-h][--help] [-n][--nodaemon] [-p pid-file ][--pid pid-file ] DESCRIPTION
ipfm is a bandwidth analysis tool. It counts how much data was send and received by specified hosts through an Internet link. ipfm is based on the libpcap (ftp://ftp.ee.lbl.gov/libpcap-0.4.tar.Z, see http://www.tcpdump.org/ for newer versions) and should be porta- ble. ipfm is developed under Linux libc6 (Debian sid). It was reported to work under Linux libc5 (slackware) and libc6 (RedHat, SuSE), FreeBSD, OpenBSD, IRIX, Solaris, HP-UX and AIX. As we can't test new versions under these OSes, there might be problems. Please report them at ipfm@via.ecp.fr. OPTIONS
Note that depending on the OS, long options may no be supported. -c config-file, --config config-file config-file specifies an alternate configuration file to use. By default, /etc/ipfm.conf is used. -n, --nodaemon does not run as a daemon -h, --help displays an help message on standard output and exit -p pid-file, --pid pid-file pid-file specifies an alternate pid file to use. By default, /var/run/ipfm.pid is used. SIGNALS
ipfm reacts to certain signals. SigHUP This causes ipfm to dump (and clear) its data tables in the log file (see ipfm.conf(8) ), close pcap descriptor, reload configura- tion file and restart. SigTERM This causes ipfm to dump (and clear) its data tables in the log file (see ipfm.conf(8) ) and exit. SigKILL This causes ipfm to exit. SigINT (ctrl-c) This causes ipfm to exit after having dumped and cleared its buffers. SigUSR1 This causes ipfm to dump its data tables in the log file without exiting or clearing them. SEE ALSO
ipfm.conf(8) AUTHORS
Robert CHERAMY <tibob@via.ecp.fr>, Andres KRAPF <dae@via.ecp.fr> IPFM home page can be found at http://www.via.ecp.fr/~tibob/ipfm/ Last change: 06 october 2002 IPFM(8)