Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Download php content using cli Post 302504970 by locoroco on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 09:29:24 PM
Old 03-15-2011
Download php content using cli

I'm trying to make a bash script that downloads videos from websites. Is there a cli program for linux that allows me to download php content using one command line entry?

I can't use cli curl or wget for this(I think). I'm talking about addresses like these:

****.com/content.php?file=movie.wmv

Last edited by locoroco; 03-15-2011 at 11:01 PM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Web content download

There is a web API https://pi.ercot.com/contentproxy/publicList?folder_id=10001937 As soon as this is fired on the browser a page comes in which many files are listed for downloads I want to download all the files ....is it possible to write a shell script which can download the files (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viv1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Download image every 24hrs + put it in php site

Hi everyone, I am all new to this and I might not know what I am asking about :) I have access to a cPanel with cron tab scheduler. I know nothing re scripting creating php etc.. I own a ftp mainly for own email address, some storage, and a forum (ready-made one :P ) I have some knowledge... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zYx
5 Replies

3. Web Development

PHP Download

Hey, for my search engine I'm going to download Apache and PHP. Just have one question... I have a Mac OSX. I'm trying to go through all my finder files looking for it, however, I can't find the application... Any ideas??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OussenkoSearch
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variables from bash to php-cli

Hello everyone, I've been looking how to pass variables between bash and php-cli in 1 file. So far i got this: #!/bin/bash echo "This is bash" php << EOF <?php echo "This is php\n"; ?> EOF I would now like to be able to pass a variable declared in the bash to the php. I already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbee
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with Content-Type:application/x-download Content-Disposition:attachment

I am in the process of developing a perl cgi page. I had succeeded in developing the page but there are few errors/issues with the page. description about cgi page: My CGI page retrieves all the file names from an directory and displays the files in drop down menu for downloading the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget download file content in unicode

Hi All, I am trying to download a XML from a URL through wget and successful in that but the problem is that I have to check for some special characters inside that XML. But when I download through wget it transfers the content of the XML in plain text and I'm not able to search for those... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
2 Replies
apport-cli(1)						      General Commands Manual						     apport-cli(1)

NAME
apport-cli - Command line client for reporting problems SYNOPSIS
apport-cli apport-cli -c report apport-cli -f -p package apport-cli -f -P pid DESCRIPTION
apport automatically collects data from crashed processes and compiles a problem report in /var/crash/. This is a command line frontend for reporting those crashes to the developers. It can also be used to report bugs about packages or running processes. For desktop systems with a graphical user interface, you should consider installing the GTK or Qt user interface (apport-gtk or apport-qt). apport-cli is mainly intended to be used on servers. When called without any options, it processes the pending crash reports and offers to report them one by one. You can also display the entire report to see what is sent to the software developers. OPTIONS
-c report, --crash-file=report Instead of walking over the new crash reports in /var/crash/, report a particular report in an arbitrary file location. This is useful for copying a crash report to a machine with internet connection and reporting it from there. -f, --file-bug Report a (non-crash) problem. Requires specifying --package or --pid. This will automatically attach information about your operat- ing sytem and the package version etc. to the bug report, so that the developers have some important context. -p package, --package=package When being used in --file-bug mode, specify the package to report the problem against. -P pid, --pid=pid When being used in --file-bug mode, specify the PID (process ID) of a running program to report the problem against. This can be determined with e. g. ps -ux. ENVIRONMENT
APPORT_IGNORE_OBSOLETE_PACKAGES Apport refuses to create bug reports if the package or any dependency is not current. If this environment variable is set, this check is waived. Experts who will thoroughly check the situation before filing a bug report can define this in their ~/.bashrc or temporarily when calling the apport frontend (-cli, -gtk, or -qt). AUTHOR
apport and the accompanying tools are developed by Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@ubuntu.com>. Martin Pitt August 01, 2007 apport-cli(1)