Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Can i bind to a local login terminal running using rsh or remotely Post 302504862 by jao_madn on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 03:46:47 PM
Old 03-15-2011
Yup your right talk and write lets u communicate with the local users terminal. Talk and write will only display the msgs u want to display so the local users can read it. My objective is i want to attach to the console or terminal of the local users using so that i can also execute a command like the local users not only displays it.. Although your right with the VNC alike i can monitor and key in command like a local users but i dont have in my disposal of using VNC or We have the EXCEED ON DEMAND its like VNC but if i used it when i log in it will open another users session and doesn't accomplish what i want. I know somehow in linux to accomplish its like screen or tmux in which local and remote users can use one terminal to enter commands.

Is it possible in solaris?

Thanks for the reply.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why i have local.profile, local.cshrc,local.login instead of .profile, .login ?

Hello again ! Thanks for response of my first question. there is my second quesiton why i have local.profile instead of .profile file ? my all files in pwd shoes local. before any file. is anybody can tell me about that ? Thanks Abid Malik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsh with local variables

Hi, I am trying to do an rsh and execute the same script on a distant unix computer. The problem is that I need to get all the local variables of the distant computer to launch correctly my script. I'm working on AIX 4.3.3 I try to execute .profile in the rsh but it seems not to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jo_aze
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminal control from rsh

I call "rsh -l username HOSTMANE myscript.sh" from the script on TRU64 OSF1 cluster. The myscript.sh does some logic one the different cluster node and output requested info on my terminal. If I try to use commands to control output (clear, tput etc..) it just does not work. Obviously the rsh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount CD from local laptop to UNIX server remotely

I need some help in emergency. I want to add some software package from Solaris 10 CD remotely to UNIX Sparc machine. I can remotely access into the machine. Question is: how do I insert Solaris 10 CD in my laptop, then mount to UNIX machine remotely and add software package. Please give me the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

running command remotely to populate local variable

If I run this # ssh remote-server 'du -sk /usr/platform/`uname -i`/' 174 /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-V245 I get my output just fine, However, if i try to do the same but populate a local variable within my script called for example 'result' #!/bin/ksh result=`ssh remote-server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remotely call function from local script

The following code doesn't work properly which means it doesn't displays remote output. #!/bin/ksh #################### Function macAddressFinder ######################## macAddressFinder() { `ifconfig -a > ipInterfaces` `cat ipInterfaces` }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Problem to bind to local ports on Fedora 13

A problem with binding to local ports (22,23,80) in Fedora 13. Ports look not used. sshd, webserver is not running. I am using java remote connection manager. It is working fine with IE or Firefox in Windows with any user account. With Fedora 13, it starts via Firefox with not root account and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
0 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Can't launch x11 remotely from terminal

After I installed OS X Lion I haven't been able to launch x11 remotely (using ssh) from Terminal. It works fine locally, and also remotely directly from the Xterm. I log in to the unix server at my university from the terminal like this: ssh -l -X login@host.com This used to launch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnyrf
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running local script remotely with arguments in ksh

When i use ssh command to execute local script on remote server , I am unable to do it. Please let me know how this can be done in ksh req=abc dte=ghd ssh username@hostname "$req $dte" < run_script.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Running local script remotely with arguments

Dear Experts, I have found this script on internet that can be used to execute local script remotely #!/bin/bash # runremote.sh # usage: runremote.sh localscript remoteuser remotehost arg1 arg2 ... realscript=$1 user=$2 host=$3 shift 3 # escape the arguments declare -a args ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
4 Replies
sulogin(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       sulogin(1M)

NAME
sulogin - access single-user mode SYNOPSIS
sulogin DESCRIPTION
The sulogin utility is automatically invoked by init when the system is first started. It prompts the user to type a user name and password to enter system maintenance mode (single-user mode) or to type EOF (typically CTRL-D) for normal startup (multi-user mode). The user should never directly invoke sulogin. The user must have the solaris.system.maintenance authorization. The sulogin utility can prompt the user to enter the root password on a variable number of serial console devices, in addition to the tra- ditional console device. See consadm(1M) and msglog(7D) for a description of how to configure a serial device to display the single-user login prompt. FILES
/etc/default/sulogin Default value can be set for the following flag: PASSREQ Determines if login requires a password. Default is PASSREQ=YES. /etc/default/login Default value can be set for the following flag: SLEEPTIME If present, sets the number of seconds to wait before login failure is printed to the screen and another login attempt is allowed. Default is 4 seconds. Minimum is 0 seconds. Maximum is 5 seconds. Both su(1M) and login(1) are affected by the value of SLEEPTIME. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
auths(1), login(1), consadm(1M), init(1M), su(1M), attributes(5), msglog(7D) NOTES
By default, the root user has all authorizations. Granting the solaris.system.maintenance authorization to the Console User Rights Profile may have an undesirable side effect of granting the currently logged in user maintenance mode access. The solaris.system.maintenance authorization should be directly granted to appropri- ate users rather than through the Console User Rights Profile. SunOS 5.11 21 Aug 2008 sulogin(1M)