Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Issue while running from crontab Post 302504622 by NARESH1302 on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 04:19:44 AM
Old 03-15-2011
Hi,

Even after giving full rah path, it's not working. How to invoke environmental path from a script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running sql in crontab

Hi, i have a scripts that update an SQL DATABASE using sqlplus command. when i run it in a interactive mode its ok but when try to run it using the crontab i get an a messege : "Must be attached to terminal for 'am I' option" (there is no "who am i" command in the script) and the DB... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issue in Solaris OS in crontab for running shell script

Hello i have a shell script. it is running fine when i manually run at command prompt using following command ./script_file but while running shell script from crontab, it is giving error in each line. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mabrar
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab is not running!!!

Hi experts, need your helpo. after editing the crontab while saving the file it says- "/tmp/crontabRlaauT" 1 line, 77 characters cron may not be running - call your system administrator And i checked after certain time. script in cron is not running. I got a mail in user saying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thepurple
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab job not running

Hi all, down here part of the scheduled job in crontab (AIX Version 5) i have problem running jspPRE-ALL. i verrify permissions and privileges (the others job are working good) if i run the job in command line it work correctly # # Aggiornamento doni e continuity 00 02 * * 2-6... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilpasta
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue with running script with crontab

I am facing a strange issue while running a script(eg A) from the crontab entry the script calls one more script(eg B) within it now when i run the script A manually(with nohup) it also executes the script B (embedded inside it) as expected. but when i run the script A from the crontab entry... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rah issue when running from crontab

Hi All, I've prepared a script, content is- #!/bin/bash echo "HI" > /tmp1 rah ";\ df -m" | sort -u >> /tmp1 echo "BYE" >> /tmp1 I've scheduled this script to be run thorugh crontab, but the script is not being able to run rah command. The output file is coming like this- $cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Please help why my Crontab is not running on time?

I have set up my cron job on the solaris SunOS 5.10 Generic_138888-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2 but it is not running on time as expected. Would you please help me to find out what I did wrong? I want to have this cron job run once every month on the 1st Wednesday of the month, but it ran... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggcc
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab running bi-weekly

Hi experts, Need your help to schedule the script(test.sh) bi-weekly in linux machine. script need to run at every alernate thursday at 9 am . Please help to run the same. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in running shell script in crontab

I'm having a shell script which has to be run only once at the specified time. Shell script is like following, #!/bin/bash db2 connect to XXX > connection_status.txt This script is scheduled in crontab as following, 50 4 8 5 0 sh script.sh scheduled script is run at the specified time... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajkumar Gandhi
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Crontab is not loading/running

hi, i have crontab where i have put my db backup scripts but crontab do not run at specific time. i have checkted the scripts andwhen run the script as ./mydbbkp.sh so it successfully run and do the job but from cron it is not running whihcmeans cron is not running. i have an oracle user under... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: janakors
3 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab -- maintain crontab files for individual users (V3) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] file crontab [-u user] { -l | -r | -e } DESCRIPTION
The crontab utility is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in Vixie Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and they are not intended to be edited directly. (Darwin note: Although cron(8) and crontab(5) are officially supported under Darwin, their functionality has been absorbed into launchd(8), which provides a more flexible way of automatically executing commands. See launchctl(1) for more information.) If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file does not exist but the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, then depending on site-dependent configuration parameters, only the super user will be allowed to use this command, or all users will be able to use this command. The format of these files is one username per line, with no leading or trailing whitespace. Lines of other formats will be ignored, and so can be used for com- ments. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename '-' is given. The following options are available: -u Specify the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines ``your'' crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(1) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(1) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. -l Display the current crontab on standard output. -r Remove the current crontab. -e Edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. The specified editor must edit the file in place; any editor that unlinks the file and recreates it cannot be used. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. FILES
/usr/lib/cron/cron.allow /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), compat(5), cron(8), launchctl(1) STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2''). The new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. AUTHORS
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> BSD
December 29, 1993 BSD