Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk line with two conditions
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk line with two conditions Post 302504584 by sgruenwald on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 12:46:34 AM
Old 03-15-2011
Another solution

Code:
orb1=`awk '{print $1}' baseout`; orb2=`awk '{print $2}' baseout`; tempbase=`awk '{print $4}' baseout`; echo $orb1; echo $orb2; echo $tempbase;

$1 gives you the first entry of file baseout and it gets stored in $orb1
$2 gives you the second entry of file baseout and it gets stored in $orb2
$4 gives you the forth entry of the file baseout and it gets stored in $tempbase

Last edited by Franklin52; 03-15-2011 at 04:01 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating conditions for making a new line?

Basically I want to change this: a:b c:d:e f:g h:i:j k:l into a:b c d:e f:g h i:j k:l so like if there is two :'s in one line making the first into a new line. If anyone knows how to do this I would be very appreciative! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Audra
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

About awk conditions

Hello, Can you explain why in the first 2 commands the awk does not print anything? Is it looking of a specific format ? Thanks. $ echo 12a3 | awk '($1>=2) {print $1}' # prints nothing $ echo 123a | awk '($1>=2) {print $1}' # prints nothing $ echo a123 | awk '($1>=2) {print $1}' a123... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majormark
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with two conditions

Hi Everyone, # cat 1 1;2;3;4;5;6 1;2;3;4;5; # awk -F ";" '$5 == "5"' 1 1;2;3;4;5;6 1;2;3;4;5; but the output is should be just "1;2;3;4;5;6" means 1st condition: $5 is 5; 2nd condition: $6 is not empty, please advice. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking conditions with AWK

Input File1 0BB2 2A11 Split,FriApr80625,1507_7RAID5 0BF6 2829 Synchronized,FriJan140653,1507_7RAID5 0BF6 282A Split,FriApr80625,1507_7RAID5 0C7C 199E Synchronized,FriJan140653,1507_7RAID5 0C7C 1BCC Split,FriApr80625,1507_7RAID5 0DCA 0A9B ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete line with conditions

Hi Dude, I am struck up with another problem,Pls help me I am new to perl , I have little knowledge only. The scenario is ssenthil = rw anilkg = rw @group1 = rw anilkg = rw ssenthil = rw i need output as below , I want to find "anilkg" and delete the preceding... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil8103
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditions in awk

Hi there, here is my command ssh host.local "/path/to/my/perscript/hostconfig.pl -s $HOST -d |awk '{if (\$4 > 120)print \"My error message\";exit}{s=0; for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) s++; if(s == 13) print \$3}'" The problem is if conditional 1 is met (i.e $4 > 120), i don't see "My error message", the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with conditions

Hi All, I have a file with below contents. "en2"/10.185.81.0:cluster_interconnect,"en5"/10.185.81.0:cluster_interconnect,"en6"/169.181.146.0:public I want to take the interface name from the file and convert it as ipaddress using ifconfig command get the output like below en6 ->... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk three conditions

I'm having a problem pulling UID's from data. The data outputs a user's UID in one of three ways: 1. Error User user_name already assigned with <UID> 2. Success <UID> reserved for user_name 3. <a load of crap because there was a db failure yet somehow the UID is still in there> I typically... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If conditions in awk

Hello Friends, I need to find some CDRs in production servers whose 1st field value and 2nd field value = 1 and 11th looks like 45.123... where there are more than 3 digits after comma.so i wrote a one liner, something like below but does not work, however when i used first and second conditions... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problems - awk ignores conditions

awk 'BEGIN{ if('"$CATE"'<'"${WARN}"') printf ("%s", "'"`Kfunc "" ; break`"'") else if (('"${CATE}"'>='"${WARN}"') && ('"${CATE}"'<'"${CRIT}"')) printf ("%s", "'"`Wfunc ""; break`"'") else if ('"${CATE}"'>='"${CRIT}"') printf... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
GIT-MERGE-BASE(1)						    Git Manual							 GIT-MERGE-BASE(1)

NAME
git-merge-base - Find as good common ancestors as possible for a merge SYNOPSIS
git merge-base [-a|--all] <commit> <commit>... git merge-base [-a|--all] --octopus <commit>... git merge-base --is-ancestor <commit> <commit> git merge-base --independent <commit>... DESCRIPTION
git merge-base finds best common ancestor(s) between two commits to use in a three-way merge. One common ancestor is better than another common ancestor if the latter is an ancestor of the former. A common ancestor that does not have any better common ancestor is a best common ancestor, i.e. a merge base. Note that there can be more than one merge base for a pair of commits. OPERATION MODE
As the most common special case, specifying only two commits on the command line means computing the merge base between the given two commits. More generally, among the two commits to compute the merge base from, one is specified by the first commit argument on the command line; the other commit is a (possibly hypothetical) commit that is a merge across all the remaining commits on the command line. As a consequence, the merge base is not necessarily contained in each of the commit arguments if more than two commits are specified. This is different from git-show-branch(1) when used with the --merge-base option. --octopus Compute the best common ancestors of all supplied commits, in preparation for an n-way merge. This mimics the behavior of git show-branch --merge-base. --independent Instead of printing merge bases, print a minimal subset of the supplied commits with the same ancestors. In other words, among the commits given, list those which cannot be reached from any other. This mimics the behavior of git show-branch --independent. --is-ancestor Check if the first <commit> is an ancestor of the second <commit>, and exit with status 0 if true, or with status 1 if not. Errors are signaled by a non-zero status that is not 1. OPTIONS
-a, --all Output all merge bases for the commits, instead of just one. DISCUSSION
Given two commits A and B, git merge-base A B will output a commit which is reachable from both A and B through the parent relationship. For example, with this topology: o---o---o---B / ---o---1---o---o---o---A the merge base between A and B is 1. Given three commits A, B and C, git merge-base A B C will compute the merge base between A and a hypothetical commit M, which is a merge between B and C. For example, with this topology: o---o---o---o---C / / o---o---o---B / / ---2---1---o---o---o---A the result of git merge-base A B C is 1. This is because the equivalent topology with a merge commit M between B and C is: o---o---o---o---o / / o---o---o---o---M / / ---2---1---o---o---o---A and the result of git merge-base A M is 1. Commit 2 is also a common ancestor between A and M, but 1 is a better common ancestor, because 2 is an ancestor of 1. Hence, 2 is not a merge base. The result of git merge-base --octopus A B C is 2, because 2 is the best common ancestor of all commits. When the history involves criss-cross merges, there can be more than one best common ancestor for two commits. For example, with this topology: ---1---o---A / X / ---2---o---o---B both 1 and 2 are merge-bases of A and B. Neither one is better than the other (both are best merge bases). When the --all option is not given, it is unspecified which best one is output. A common idiom to check "fast-forward-ness" between two commits A and B is (or at least used to be) to compute the merge base between A and B, and check if it is the same as A, in which case, A is an ancestor of B. You will see this idiom used often in older scripts. A=$(git rev-parse --verify A) if test "$A" = "$(git merge-base A B)" then ... A is an ancestor of B ... fi In modern git, you can say this in a more direct way: if git merge-base --is-ancestor A B then ... A is an ancestor of B ... fi instead. SEE ALSO
git-rev-list(1), git-show-branch(1), git-merge(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-MERGE-BASE(1)