Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl launch threads in an array variable? Post 302504446 by Corona688 on Monday 14th of March 2011 03:38:26 PM
Old 03-14-2011
what is nsca_junk?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

new to perl.. how do I do this ? fork/ threads ?

I have never coded in perl before (just started today morning :). I need to write a perl program to automate a task. Here is how I do it manually: Start a program in my home dir. Now if I want to execute another program while this one is still running, what I would do is go to another... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl v5.8.5 Threads Problem

Hi Unix gurus, I am facing a threading problem in Perl. I have a worker thread in perl in which I am calling a shell script. The shell script echo's output to the Standard Output from time to time as it progresses. In the worker thread, I am unable to display the echo statement of shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl, put one array into many array when field is equal to sth

Hi Everyone, #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my @test=("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;ggg;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); would like to split the @test array into two array: @test1=(("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); and @test2=("a;b;ggg;c;d"); means search for 3rd filed. Thanks find the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I launch a command on an existing terminal in unix using PERL

Hello, I have a PERL-TK based GUI from which I want to launch a command on an existing UNIX terminal (this is also the parent terminal for this perl based gui window). The command I want to launch is interactive (there is no intention to interact with that command from the same PERL gui i.e. no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnuragJindal
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launch a windows program from perl script

Hi i wanted to know if any one can give me an example on how to launch a windows program in a perl script. I wanted to open the nmap software on my computer with a perl script, i heard this can be done with the system function. Would the function be in this format: $text =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingbp
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script timer on program launch

So I am attempting to get a short but complex perl script to be able to time out an application that I will launch from a command line. The terminal I use is MKS C SHELL and I am having trouble doing the a job spawn that will launch the application and keep time on it. I know you could do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vas28r13
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Split lines into array - variable line items - variable no of lines.

Hi, I have the following lines that I would like to see in an array for easy comparisons and printing: Example 1: field1,field2,field3,field4,field5 value1,value2,value3,value4,value5Example 2: field1,field3,field4,field2,field5,field6,field7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : Read an array and write to another array with intial string pattern checks

I have an array and two variables as below, I need to check if $datevar is present in $filename. If so, i need to replace $filename with the values in the array. I need the output inside an ARRAY How can this be done. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

using threads in perl

Hi everyone, I am trying to create a script which runs a number of processes simultaneously and at the same time use a timer to keep track of what is going on. The problem is that the timer stops and the script exits upon the completion of some of the processes, whereas I want to timer to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: free2rhyme2k
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: array name tha contains contents of a variable

Hi there I have a counter called my $counter = 0; I am trying to build an array that will have a name that is for example my @array0 = ("some", "stuff"); but instead of hard coding the "0" in the array name i want to use whatever value the aforementioned $counter has in it...so ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies
thread(9s)																thread(9s)

NAME
thread - General: Contains kernel threads-related information SYNOPSIS
---------------------------- Member Name Data Type ---------------------------- wait_result kern_return_t ---------------------------- MEMBERS
Specifies the outcome of the wait. The kernel can set this member to one of the following values: THREAD_AWAKENED, THREAD_INTERRUPTED, THREAD_TIMED_OUT, THREAD_SHOULD_TERMINATE, and THREAD_RESTART. DESCRIPTION
The thread data structure contains kernel threads-related information. Kernel modules typically use the wait_result member (with the cur- rent_thread routine) to check for the result of the wait. The values associated with the wait_result member have the following meanings: The result of the assert wait is a normal wakeup. The wait condition was interrupted by the clear_wait routine. The specified timeout has expired. The result of the assert wait is that the current kernel thread should terminate. The current kernel thread should be restarted. NOTES
The header file <thread.h> shows a typedef statement that assigns the alternate name thread_t for a pointer to the thread data structure. Many of the kernel threads-related routines operate on these pointers to thread data structures. The thread data structure is an opaque data structure; that is, all of its associated members (except for the wait_result member) are ref- erenced and manipulated by the operating system and not by the user of kernel threads. FILES
SEE ALSO
Routines: clear_wait(9r), current_thread(9r), thread_block(9r), thread_set_timeout(9r), thread_wakeup(9r), thread_wakeup_one(9r) thread(9s)