Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Veritas VxVM & Vxfs to SVM and UFS Post 302503539 by xor on Thursday 10th of March 2011 11:09:08 PM
Old 03-11-2011
Veritas VxVM & Vxfs to SVM and UFS

Hi,

I have 2 hosts with Veritas VxVM and VxFS (5.0 MP3_RP2). I need to use the application filesystem's luns from these 2 hosts and mount it on another 2 hosts that are running Solaris 9 09/05 and SVM.

Is there resources online or has someone tried this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Procedure to convert UFS to VXFS

Hello ! :confused: Does anyone knows anything about procedure to convert Solaris UFS filesystem to VxFS. Thx, Witt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: witt
1 Replies

2. Solaris

veritas vxfs and ufsdump

hi guys, I am studying for the solaris scsa and i want to practice with ufsdump and restores, fssnaps etc... my question is, i finally found a server with a tape drive attached that i can mess arouund with because its not a critical box. its running solaris 8, and i want to do a ufsdump, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Command to find the failed disks in SVM and VxVM

How to find & replace bad disks in solaris & VXVM?plz explain step by step? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtreams
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Difference between vxvm and svm

what is the difference between VXVM and SVM ? What is the advantages of VXVM over SVM ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sijocg
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Veritas VxVM & Vxfs to SVM and UFS

Hi, I have 2 hosts with Veritas VxVM and VxFS (5.0 MP3_RP2). I need to use the application filesystem's luns from these 2 hosts and mount it on another 2 hosts that are running Solaris 9 09/05 and SVM. Is there resources online or has someone tried this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xor
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Convert UFS (root) to VxFS

Hi all, How to i use vxfs for my server? Because when i install OS, it is installed with ufs, then after Solaris 10 installation, i proceed to install vxfs. How do i convert all the ufs to vxfs? Or is it what i'm doing is the incorrect way? Please help. :wall: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Confusion in vxfs & ufs

Hi All, I have rootdg encapsulated within Veritas Volume Manager. /# vxprint -vg rootdg TY NAME ASSOC KSTATE LENGTH PLOFFS STATE TUTIL0 PUTIL0 v rootvol root ENABLED 24585216 - ACTIVE - - v swapvol swap ENABLED 20484288 -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to grow vxfs directory but the server is in Veritas Cluster environment?

Hello, Usually I use "vxresize" to grow vxfs directory in a stand-alone server without any problems, but I am just told to grow vxfs directorys in Veritas Cluster nodes. Since I never done it before, would like to ask all the experts here to make sure the concept and steps will be fine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnychen98
1 Replies

9. Solaris

restore dump from veritas format using ufs file system

hi all i have a DLT tape in that tape backup is there is in veritas volume format and i want to restore it in ufs file system how can i do it? right now i don't have veritas file system setup. i have only ufs file sysytem please help some production data is to be restore. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
3 Replies

10. Solaris

how to restore backup from veritas vm in ufs file system

Hi all I have a DLT tape in that tape backup is there is in veritas volume format and i want to restore it in ufs file system how can i do it? right now i don't have veritas file system setup. i have only ufs file sysytem please help some production data is to be restore. backup was taken... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
0 Replies
GFREP(1)																  GFREP(1)

NAME
gfrep - replicate Gfarm files SYNOPSIS
gfrep [ -mnqvx ] [ -S source-domainname ] [ -D destination-domainname ] [ -h source-hostfile ] [ -H destination-hostfile ] [ -N num-of- replicas ] [ -j num-of-threads ] path ... DESCRIPTION
gfrep creates specified number of replicas of Gfarm files specified by the path to specified set of destination hosts. When set of source hosts are specified, only files stored on the set of source hosts are replicated. A set of hosts can be specified by a domain name and/or a host file. When both a domain name and a host file are specified, a set of hosts is determined by both conditions. If the path parameter is a directory, files under the directory will be copied recursively. OPTIONS
-S source-domainname Specifies the domain name of source filesystem nodes from which replicas will be copied. -D destination-domainname Specifies the domain name of destination filesystem nodes to which replicas will be copied. If neither this nor the -H option is specified, replicas may be copied to any available host. -h source-hostfile Specifies a file which describes hostnames of source filesystem nodes from which the replica will be made. The source-hostfile con- sists of a filesystem node name on each line. if ``-'' is specified, standard input is used to read the host list. -H destination-hostfile Specifies a file which describes hostnames of destination filesystem nodes on which the replica will be made. The destination-host- file consists of a filesystem node name on each line. if ``-'' is specified, standard input is used to read the host list. -N num-of-replicas Specifies the required number of file replicas, counting already existing ones. If there are a sufficient number of replicas in the destination hosts, neither any copying nor any removal will be done. If this option is not specified, -N 1 is assumed. -j num-of-threads Specifies the number of threads to create file replicas simultaneously. This option is only available when compiled by an OpenMP C compiler. By default, it will be the smallest among the number of total files, the number of source hosts, and the number of desti- nation hosts. -m Lets gfrep command do a migrate/move, instead of doing replication. -x Removes file replicas when a set of destination nodes has more file replicas than specified. -n Displays files to be replicated, but does nothing. -q Suppresses non-error messages. -v Displays verbose output. -? Displays a list of command options. BUGS
A source host is not always selected within a set of source hosts. Gfarm 09 November 2009 GFREP(1)