Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX LPAR freezes after switching of storage (lpar is mirrored) Post 302503480 by kah00na on Thursday 10th of March 2011 04:57:32 PM
Old 03-10-2011
Do you have these attributes set on your fscsi devices on your VIO servers?
Code:
vio2:/home/padmin:# lsattr -El fscsi0 | egrep "fc_err_recov|dyntrk"
dyntrk       yes       Dynamic Tracking of FC Devices        True
fc_err_recov fast_fail FC Fabric Event Error RECOVERY Policy True
vio2:/home/padmin:#

I also set these attributes on the disks themselves on the VIO servers:
Code:
vio2:/home/padmin:# lsattr -El hdisk5 | egrep "rw_timeout|q_type"
q_type          simple                           Queue TYPE                       True
rw_timeout      30                               READ/WRITE time out              True
vio2:/home/padmin:#

To be honest, I can't remember what they do, but I'm sure I had a good reason to set them this way when I first configured them.

Last edited by kah00na; 03-10-2011 at 06:26 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

LPAR and CFGMGR

I have a P570 that for some reason is not allowing the P1-T6 NIC to be recognized. I have confirmed from the HMC that it is set for the LPAR, but when I do a cfgmgr, it won't recognize it. It though is recognizing the slot cards just fine which are P1-C3 for one shelf and P1-C3 of another shelf.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LegendMan
1 Replies

2. AIX

Autostart of LPAR

Hi, I have 2 lpars on my AIX that needs to be started manually after each reboot. Because the servers are storing the NFS and NIS info, other servers won't run correctly until they start up. I found in IBM documentation the steps to make it automatic. My question is, I want to know if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahzzbietel
2 Replies

3. AIX

VIO SAN STORAGE LPAR ( Dynamically increasing size )

Hi, Is there a way to dynamically increase the size of virtual disk on the LPAR. The virtual disk is coming from my VIO Server. From my SAN I have allocated a disk to VIO Server and from VIO Server to my LPAR....If I increase the space of the logical SAN DISK (DS 4700 using IBM TotalStorage... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

4. AIX

LPAR

I am planning for System P with 2 number of 2-core processor (4 core in total). Can I make 3 LPARS with this processor configuration without the support of micropartitioning, that means with simple LPAR only. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba
3 Replies

5. AIX

ldom and lpar

hi, Plz let me know if the concept of sun ldom and aix lpar is same or not. thnx, snj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snjksh
1 Replies

6. AIX

LPAR creation

can i get a step b syep explanation in creating LPAR... i have searched for tutorials i couldn't find the right one.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
2 Replies

7. AIX

Bootting up a new LPAR

I have created a new LPAR using IVM. I activated the LPAR, and start the window terminal (java), it prompt me for the padmin password. After keyin the password, it will shows BOOTP parameter. I am just wondering how come it didnt go to screen where i can select to go into SMS menu to pick... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingcross
0 Replies

8. AIX

Mirroring in LPAR

Hi Folks, I am a newbie in AIX. Can someone please tell me how to do root mirroring in AIX LPAR which is created from mksysb image via HMC/NIM. ? AIX 5.3/6.1 Let me know. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

9. AIX

Hostname for each lpar

Hi Gurus, Can a AIX server with 4 LPARs, each having it's own hostname on the same physical host. Is this possible? Thanks, S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
2 Replies

10. AIX

How to differentiate between a standalone LPAR and a VIOC (which again is a lpar)?

There can be configurations in IBM Server wherein a standalone partition is created on some supported IBM Server Or A VIOS - VIOC LPARs created. Now in both cases they are lpars. But if I want to differentiate b/w a standalone LPAR vs an VIOC LPAR how can I do..? On a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish00712
2 Replies
QUOTA(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  QUOTA(1)

NAME
quota -- display disk usage and limits SYNOPSIS
quota [-ghlu] [-f path] [-v | -q | -r] quota [-hlu] [-f path] [-v | -q | -r] user ... quota -g [-hl] [-f path] [-v | -q | -r] group ... DESCRIPTION
The quota utility displays users' disk usage and limits. By default only the user quotas are printed. Disk block usage and limits are shown in 1024-byte blocks. The following options are available: -f path Only display quota information for the file system that contains the specified path. This can be any file within a mounted file sys- tem. -g Print group quotas for the group of which the user is a member. -h "Human-readable" output. Use unit suffixes: Byte, Kilobyte, Megabyte, Gigabyte, Terabyte and Petabyte. -l Do not report quotas on NFS file systems. -q Print a more terse message, containing only information on file systems where usage is over quota. The -q flag takes precedence over the -v flag. -r Display the raw quota information as it appears in the quota structure. Non-zero time values will also be displayed in ctime(3) for- mat. This option implies -v and will override the -q flag. -u Print the user quotas. This is the default unless -g is specified. -v Display quotas on file systems where no storage is allocated. Specifying both -g and -u displays both the user quotas and the group quotas (for the user). Only the super-user may use the -u flag and the optional user argument to view the limits of other users. Non-super-users can use the -g flag and optional group argument to view only the limits of groups of which they are members. The quota utility tries to report the quotas of all mounted file systems. If the file system is mounted via NFS, it will attempt to contact the rpc.rquotad(8) daemon on the NFS server. For UFS file systems, quotas must be turned on in /etc/fstab. If quota exits with a non-zero status, one or more file systems are over quota or the path specified with the -f option does not exist. If the -l flag is specified, quota will not check NFS file systems. FILES
quota.user located at the file system root with user quotas quota.group located at the file system root with group quotas /etc/fstab to find file system names and locations SEE ALSO
quotactl(2), ctime(3), fstab(5), edquota(8), quotacheck(8), quotaon(8), repquota(8), rpc.rquotad(8) HISTORY
The quota command appeared in 4.2BSD. BSD
February 3, 2007 BSD