Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Redirection after prepending timestamp Post 302503419 by MacAonghusa on Thursday 10th of March 2011 12:52:35 PM
Old 03-10-2011
Systen is SunOS 5.10 Generic_142909-17 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240
Would I be better off trying to use awk rather than perl? As I had tried (not very hard) with awk but couldnt get it to work so I then just used perl.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding pattern & prepending a line with text

Hello Dudes, I have a task to make a unix shell script that should search for a specific TEXT in a file.If that TEXT is found, shell script should add a comment statement before that TEXT line. Ex : LINE 1 xxxxx LINE 2 xxxx CALL xxxx LINE 3 xxxx PERFORM UNTIL if i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirrushna
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditionally prepending text

I am currently writing a script to compare a file list created over an FTP connection to a local directory. I have cleaned the FTP file list up so that I just have a raw list of filenames however due to the directory structure employed (both locally and on the ftp site) I need to prepend each line... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dal
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Prepending information from filenames into files

I would like to know how to take information from a filename and place it into the text of the same file. Let's say I have a file called height_2_width_1.txt containing data that is related to a height of 2 and a width of 1, and the text originally looks like this: where these two columns... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scatterbrain26
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compare a file by its timestamp and store in a different location whenever timestamp changes?

Hi All, I am new to unix programming. I am trying for a requirement and the requirement goes like this..... I have a test folder. Which tracks log files. After certain time, the log file is getting overwritten by another file (randomly as the time interval is not periodic). I need to preserve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsara
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Prepending lines with file name

I have a number of dat-files, such as abc.dat, def.dat etc, as follows: 2011-07-01 100.0 2011-07-02 101.0 2011-07-03 101.7 I want to prepend the file with the base file name; so for abc.dat it would result in the following: abc 2011-07-01 100.0 abc 2011-07-02 101.0 abc 2011-07-03 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Shell/Perl(?)] Prepending timestamps to console output & writing results to a file

I do a lot of TSM work and I embarked on what I thought would be an easy task, and I'd be very happy for any input to save the pounding my keyboard is receiving :] By default, the output of TSM's console has no timestamping, making it hard to sort through accurately. This puts my console into... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed script for appending & prepending

Hello Mates I am trying to write a script, which appends and prepends the text in a file. I tried testing with a small file and it worked fine. but for the large file, the script is wiping the entire file and adds only the word to be appended in the file. mv $file_name $file_name.bak sed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaac
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check timestamp in logfile and display lines upto 3 hours before current timestamp

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. Currently time in india is 07/31/2014 12:33:34 and i have the following content in logfile. I want to display only those entries which contain string 'Exception' within last 3 hours. In this case, it would be the last line only I can get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX : Need to convert UNIX Timestamp to normal timestamp

Hello , I am working on AIX. I have to convert Unix timestamp to normal timestamp. Below is the file. The Unix timestamp will always be preceded by EFFECTIVE_TIME as first field as shown and there could be multiple EFFECTIVE_TIME in the file : 3.txt Contents of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp

So basically I have a log file and each line in this log file starts with a timestamp: MON DD HH:MM:SS SEP 15 07:30:01 I need to grep all the lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp. Then these lines will be moved to a tmp file from which I will grep for particular strings. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nms
1 Replies
conjure(1)						      General Commands Manual							conjure(1)

NAME
conjure - interprets and executes scripts written in the Magick Scripting Language (MSL). SYNOPSIS
conjure [options] script.msl OVERVIEW
The conjure program is a member of the ImageMagick(1) suite of tools. Use it to process a Magick Scripting Language (MSL) script. The Mag- ick scripting language (MSL) will primarily benefit those that want to accomplish custom image processing tasks but do not wish to program, or those that do not have access to a Perl interpreter or a compiler. For more information about the conjure command, point your browser to file:///usr/share/doc/packages/ImageMagick/www/conjure.html or http://www.imagemagick.org/script/conjure.php. DESCRIPTION
Image Settings: -monitor monitor progress -quiet suppress all warning messages -regard-warnings pay attention to warning messages -seed value seed a new sequence of pseudo-random numbers -verbose print detailed information about the image Miscellaneous Options: -debug events display copious debugging information -help print program options -log format format of debugging information -list type print a list of supported option arguments -version print version information In additiion, define any key value pairs required by your script. For example, conjure -size 100x100 -color blue -foo bar script.msl SEE ALSO
ImageMagick(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2010 ImageMagick Studio LLC. Additional copyrights and licenses apply to this software, see file:///usr/share/doc/pack- ages/ImageMagick/www/license.html or http://www.imagemagick.org/script/license.php ImageMagick Date: 2009/01/10 01:00:00 conjure(1)