Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting put working directory in file Post 302503191 by zulabc on Wednesday 9th of March 2011 10:01:05 PM
Old 03-09-2011
put working directory in file

how to put pwd in my file
my working directory is /usr/my_dir
below my file

aaaaaa
bbbbbb

so output file become

/usr/my_dir
aaaaaa
bbbbbb

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change to a new working directory...

I need to CD to a particular directory to check log files and interface files. Instead of typing the path manually, is there a way of getting a script to change my working directory to the one I need? Currently I have a script that CD's to the directories I need but a soon as the script exits,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command is not working when put into cron

Hi, I worte a script which runs perfect when i execute it manually. But when i scheduled into cron the grep command alone is not working. the sample script, /usr/bin/grep FTP $subfile > /tmp/tfsrec.dat tfs=`echo $?` if then echo "FTP FOUND" else echo "FTP NOT FOUND" Where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thiru_cs
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script is not working when put in crontab

Hi there, this is part of my script: /usr/bin/cd /u01/oradata /usr/bin/cp `/bin/ls -1 . |grep -v "^DIMStemp01.dbf$" | grep -v "^DIMSts01.dbf$"|grep -v "^DIMStects01.dbf$"` /backup It's working fine when I manually run on telnet session. /bin/ls -1 . -- to list all the files inside... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put header if file exists in a directory

Hi all, I will have to check a directory which is full of files. If any file more than 5 MB of space exists, write on it's head "Checked". Please help me. Thanks in advance! Deepak (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cant find stdint.h? What directory do i put it in?

Hello everyone, I've got a C program that I'm trying to run through my unix shell but whenever i compile it using gcc (using "cc test.c"), it cannot find stdint.h. Right now, i have it in the same directory as the program I'm running, test.c. Any suggestions? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TeamUSA
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

put file in different directory according to the filename

Dear all, I would like to know how to move the downloaded files in differenent directories according to the name of the file? i.e. P10120111201_122013M.jpg P10120120101_122013M.jpg P10120120201_122013M.jpg The first 4 charactors "P101" is the station name, 4-8 means year "2012",... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handsonzhao
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Foreach .gz file in a directory -- Not working

Hi, I am trying to add for loop in my code for all the .gz files in a directory. example code: for i in $PWD/input/*.dz do echo " file is :: $i " done This is not working as expectation and the output is : file is :: /home/IB/input/*.dz However, for i in $PWD/input/*... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IB_88
5 Replies

8. Programming

Java HTTP PUT Request/JSON Not Working But Using Python It Does ?

I have some code that I have been playing around with learning Java: import java.io.BufferedReader; import java.io.IOException; import java.io.InputStreamReader; import java.io.OutputStream; import java.net.HttpURLConnection; import java.net.MalformedURLException; import java.net.URL; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies

9. Linux

Put -r is not working in SFTP

Hi Folks, I am trying to copy a directory along with sub-directories to SFTP server. I have connected to SFTP and tried to run the below command: sftp> get -r abc/* It is throwing the error Invalid flag -r Can you please let me know the ways to copy a directory from Local to SFTP ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirans.229
1 Replies
cd(1T)							       Tcl Built-In Commands							    cd(1T)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
cd - Change working directory SYNOPSIS
cd ?dirName? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Change the current working directory to dirName, or to the home directory (as specified in the HOME environment variable) if dirName is not given. Returns an empty string. Note that the current working directory is a per-process resource; the cd command changes the working directory for all interpreters and (in a threaded environment) all threads. EXAMPLES
Change to the home directory of the user fred: cd ~fred Change to the directory lib that is a sibling directory of the current one: cd ../lib SEE ALSO
filename(1T), glob(1T), pwd(1T) KEYWORDS
working directory ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl cd(1T)