Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unable to set variables in Linux script Post 302502935 by smr.ryl on Wednesday 9th of March 2011 09:26:57 AM
Old 03-09-2011
michael,

I tried but still I see same substitution happening.

Thanks
smr.ryl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to set up linux environment variables?

Hi I'm using Linux, in the directory /root/my there is a.out. but when I try to run it , the shell indicate "bash:a.out: command not found" but I AM working in this directory. if I use "./a.out" , it works perfectly. can any body tell me how to do a permanent set up so that I can use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dell9
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Variables to Set Other Variables

I have a script that I'm trying to shorten (below) by removing repetitive code. if ] then commodity_ndm_done=Y fi if ] then customer_ndm_done=Y fi if ] then department_ndm_done=Y fi if ] then division_ndm_done=Y fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superdelic
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh script - Design ? - Search file and set variables

Hi - I'm trying to think of a clever way to write a shell script (trying to stay w/ ksh as that's what I know the best...) that will resolve the following problem: Problem - On a daily basis I have to email folks who are on-call to remind them. I was hoping to script this out so I could have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlefrog
9 Replies

4. Linux

DNS unable to set up!!

Hi Experts, I am a newbie like in Linux world, practising Fedora Linux on VMWare but DNS is never set up: Below are my conf files: 1. named.conf options { directory "/var/named"; /* * If there is a firewall between you and nameservers you want * to talk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikasdh
4 Replies

5. Programming

How to convert byteArray variables to HexaString variables for Linux?

Hello everybody, I am having problem in converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Linux. I have done, converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Windows but same function doesn't work for linux. Is there any difference in OS ? The code for Windows is given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritesh_163
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to set a data to array

Hi All, Iam trying to set the value to the array... Still its not happening Following is the code: #!/usr/bin/ksh filenames="x"; filenames="y"; echo $filenames; echo $filenames; O/P: x x Iam expecting (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranlalka
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to change environment variables in bash script

Hello! For the moment some settings in my .bashrc contain the password of my company's firewall, which is not a good idea. I would like to use the string "PASSWORD" set in .bashrc and a script that changes all appearances of "PASSWORD" in the environment variables by the actual password (which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: markolopa
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to set my PATH variable

Hello All, Hope you can understand my problem from the below code. $ cat ~/.profile PS1=`whoami`@`hostname`':$PWD $ ' export PATH="$PATH:.:/logarchive/utility/util:/usr/sbin:" $ echo $PATH /usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:.:/usr/sbin: $ echo $SHELL /usr/bin/ksh ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

<< Environmental Variables are not set when script completes >>

Hi Team, I have a wrapper script which i have pasted below, it internally calls one python script to generate Environmental in a file called /home/oracle/myenv.sh, when i execute this script via wrapper script, its not reflecting in my current session, still showing old env variables. any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
2 Replies

10. Linux

Unable to set static ip address

Hi All, Am using centos 7 in my vmware workstatio with the bridged network. when run the ifconfig cmd its not at all showing the ip address and pls advise how to set static ip address in my linux box. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarathkumar s
1 Replies
Tcl_SubstObj(3) 					      Tcl Library Procedures						   Tcl_SubstObj(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_SubstObj - perform substitutions on Tcl objects SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_Obj * Tcl_SubstObj(interp, objPtr, flags) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which to execute Tcl scripts and lookup variables. If an error occurs, the interpreter's result is modified to hold an error message. Tcl_Obj *objPtr (in) A Tcl object containing the string to perform substitutions on. int flags (in) ORed combination of flag bits that specify which substitutions to perform. The flags TCL_SUBST_COM- MANDS, TCL_SUBST_VARIABLES and TCL_SUBST_BACKSLASHES are currently supported, and TCL_SUBST_ALL is pro- vided as a convenience for the common case where all substitutions are desired. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The Tcl_SubstObj function is used to perform substitutions on strings in the fashion of the subst command. It gets the value of the string contained in objPtr and scans it, copying characters and performing the chosen substitutions as it goes to an output object which is returned as the result of the function. In the event of an error occurring during the execution of a command or variable substitution, the function returns NULL and an error message is left in interp's result. Three kinds of substitutions are supported. When the TCL_SUBST_BACKSLASHES bit is set in flags, sequences that look like backslash substi- tutions for Tcl commands are replaced by their corresponding character. When the TCL_SUBST_VARIABLES bit is set in flags, sequences that look like variable substitutions for Tcl commands are replaced by the con- tents of the named variable. When the TCL_SUBST_COMMANDS bit is set in flags, sequences that look like command substitutions for Tcl commands are replaced by the result of evaluating that script. Where an uncaught "continue exception" occurs during the evaluation of a command substitution, an empty string is substituted for the command. Where an uncaught "break exception" occurs during the evaluation of a command substitution, the result of the whole substitution on objPtr will be truncated at the point immediately before the start of the command substitution, and no characters will be added to the result or substitutions performed after that point. SEE ALSO
subst(n) KEYWORDS
backslash substitution, command substitution, variable substitution Tcl 8.4 Tcl_SubstObj(3)