Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting check file exists and created today issue Post 302502878 by auto_w on Wednesday 9th of March 2011 06:34:11 AM
Old 03-09-2011
if file exists with todays date ---can you paste sample of date showing up?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files with 0 file size and created today

hi, I am building a script to identify those files created/modified today and with file size 0. I am able to find the files with 0 file size and created/modified in last 24 hrs as shown below but not today (current date), I tried using (touch -t time filenm) but in my version of unix at work it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rushs682
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate Files Created Today

I need to figure out how to get all the files from a certian dir ./123/*sat files and ./230/*sat files and several other directories which have these *sat files in them. I need to calculate how many were created today and how many yesterday from 2:00 pm on the 28th to 2pm on the 29th. It's a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xgringo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check to see if a file exists?

Hi. I'd like to have an IF-Then-Else statement where I can check to see if a file exists? We have the Bourne Shell by default. I'm looking for the syntax to do something like this: if myfile.txt exists then ...my code else ...my code end if Any help would be greatly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check to see if a file exists?

I want to write a script to see if various files exist. What I want to do is have the script search in various directories if a file exist, and if not, then output something like "/path/file does not exist". I don't actually know of how to check and see if a file exists or not. What I have in mind... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: astropi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File exists, but cannot be opened.How to check- whether it could be opened to read when it exists

Hi #Testing for file existence if ; then echo 'SCHOOL data is available for processing' else echo 'SCHOOL DATA IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR PROCESSING' : i wrote a script, where it begins by checking if file exists or not. If it exists, it truncates the database... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxg
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files created today in a particular directory?

Dear All, I want a Hp Ux command to find out the files created today in a particular directory or mountpoint. Kindly help. Thanks Bhaskar (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudiptabhaskar
10 Replies

7. Linux

List all files created today exclude last one

Hi, ALL thanks in advance, i listed all files using this command ls -ltr $(date +%Y%m%d)*.xmlbut i would like to exclude the last one created ; Best regard MEROUAN Use code tags, thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: merouan
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if file exists or not

Hi, I want to check if the file exists or not in the directory. i am trying below code but not working. File="/home/va59657/Account_20090213*.dat" echo "$File" if ]; then echo "file found" else echo "file not found" fi However i am getting file not found even if file exits as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check if file exists

Hi, I have the below code written. However I am not getting the desired output I am checking if the particular path has file in it. #!/bin/bash ls -l /IRS2/IRS2_ODI/INFILE/*LS* 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null if then echo $? echo "File Exists" fi ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanmugapriya D
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check if file exists

I need to check whether a file exists and has been changed. The file should contain a specific string. The file should also have been changed within the last ten seconds. How do I do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
3 Replies
DATETIME.SETISODATE(3)							 1						    DATETIME.SETISODATE(3)

DateTime::setISODate - Sets the ISO date

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public DateTime DateTime::setISODate (int $year, int $week, [int $day = 1]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style DateTime date_isodate_set (DateTime $object, int $year, int $week, [int $day = 1]) Set a date according to the ISO 8601 standard - using weeks and day offsets rather than specific dates. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3). The function modifies this object. o $year - Year of the date. o $week - Week of the date. o $day - Offset from the first day of the week. RETURN VALUES
Returns the DateTime object for method chaining or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Changed the return value on success from NULL to | | | DateTime. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTime.setISODate(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setISODate(2008, 2); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setISODate(2008, 2, 7); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create(); date_isodate_set($date, 2008, 2); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d') . " "; date_isodate_set($date, 2008, 2, 7); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d') . " "; ?> The above examples will output: 2008-01-07 2008-01-13 Example #2 Values exceeding ranges are added to their parent values <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setISODate(2008, 2, 7); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setISODate(2008, 2, 8); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setISODate(2008, 53, 7); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> The above example will output: 2008-01-13 2008-01-14 2009-01-04 Example #3 Finding the month a week is in <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setISODate(2008, 14); echo $date->format('n'); ?> The above examples will output: 3 SEE ALSO
DateTime.setDate(3), DateTime.setTime(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIME.SETISODATE(3)