Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting howto monitor a directory for files then sftp them Post 302502854 by fhernu on Wednesday 9th of March 2011 04:18:57 AM
Old 03-09-2011
Here are 2 possible solutions :

Either you copy the file in a TMP folder on the remote system and you move them in the final destination folder after the transfer via a remote command.
or you transfer all your files and at the end you sftp a flag file (e.g. tsf.ok). The script on the remote server should check the flag exists before processing the files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto install RPM package for non-Root user directory?

Dear expert, Suppose I have an application that comes in rpm format. Let's call it: my_downloaded_package.rpm How can I install it in my particular home directory (since I'm not a root user). Say the directory where I want to install above rpm package is: ~/.my_desired_location... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monkfan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor directory

What is the best way for a script to run to monitor a directory for the presence of files and then perform a function afterwords? I was hoping to have it continually run and sleep until it detects that files are present in the directory, then break out of the loop and go on to the next step. ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: nulinux
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor files in a directory and sending the alert

Hi All, We are having important config files in an directory which was accessable by all /auto/config/Testbed/>ls config1.intial config2.intial config3.inital often we find that some of the lines are missing in config files, we doubt if some one is removing. I would like to write... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor capacity of directory

Good morning. I have been attempting to find a way to monitor the capacity of a directory so that when it reaches 80% or higher I can send an event. I was able to find a script that does this for the whole drive by I can not seem to figure out how to do this for just a single directory. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
1 Replies

5. AIX

monitor directory events

I'm am looking for a cheap way to trigger a script when a new file is written in a specific directory. AIX 5.3. It is a production system, so no kernel patching (i.e. inotify). Filemon and audtiing are too expensive. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbillast
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Restricting SFTP user to a defined directory and home directory

Hi, I've created solaris user which has both FTP and SFTP Access. Using the "ftpaccess" configuration file options "guest-root" and "restricted-uid", i can restrict the user to a specific directory. But I'm unable to restrict the user when the user is logged in using SFTP. The aim is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sftpuser
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory Monitor in KSh

Hi, I need to write a directory monitor, i.e. a korn shell script which would Report changes to the directory contents, like: added file1, deleted file2, updated file3 , created subdir (optional)... There is no specific file pattern. So far I have written a little script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: olegkon
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX ftp/sftp script monitor to failed logins

Hi All, Any idea on how to write a script on AIX 5.3 to monitor ftp or sftp login failed. Thanks and more power, Itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Q: Howto compare 2 files

Greetings, I made an extraction on 2 different databases. What I need to do is to compare those extractions to know what is on database1 which is not on database2 and vice versa. In those files, there are only numbers. So each line is just a number witch should be present on both file. If... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekullos
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files

Hello, I have a weird issue, I have RHEL 5.7 running with openssh5.2 where sftpgroup OS group is chroot. I see the difference difference in timestamp on files, when I login via ssh and SFTP, I see four hour difference, is something missing in my configuration. #pwd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies
rpload(1)						      General Commands Manual							 rpload(1)

NAME
rpload - alpine remote data utility SYNTAX
rpload [ -f ] [ -s trimSize ] -t Type -l Local_file -r Remote_folder DESCRIPTION
Rpload may be used to convert local Alpine configuration files or address books into remote configurations or address books. It is intended to be used by system administrators. Regular users should normally use the facilities provided within Alpine. Local_file will usually be a user's alpine configuration file, and Remote_folder is the IMAP folder which will be used (with the help of Alpine's -p, -P, and -x commands or PINECONF, PINERC, and PINERCEX environment variables) as the user's remote configuration folder. A copy of Local_file will be placed in the folder with the correct header lines to satisfy Alpine. -f Force the load even if the remote folder is in the wrong format. This will delete the contents of the folder so use it carefully. -s trimSize If the number of messages in the remote folder is more than one plus trimsize (one is for the header message), then messages 2, 3, and so on will be deleted until there are only one plus trimsize messages left. If this option is not set no trimming will be done. -t Type The possible Types are pinerc, abook, and sig. (Sig is mostly obsolete. Literal signatures contained within the remote pinerc should be used instead.) -l Local_file The file on this system that is to be copied. -r Remote_folder A remote folder name to be copied to. See the Alpine documentation for the syntax of a remote folder name. One exam- ple is {my.imap.server}remote_pinerc. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is zero if all goes well, -1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
Rpdump(1). Copyright 1989-2007 by the University of Washington. $Date: 2005/01/14 20:40:14 $ rpload(1)