Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delete after Tag
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Delete after Tag Post 302502853 by eightball on Wednesday 9th of March 2011 04:18:50 AM
Old 03-09-2011
thanks for your helps but my problem is an other,

i have txt file like
PHP Code:
asdasd
asdad
<h3asdsad </h3>
asda
asd 
when i make that,
PHP Code:
sed -<x.txt -"/^<h3>/,/<^h3>/p" 
then this remove all before <h3> but i want to remove all which comes after the END tag, too.

Last edited by eightball; 03-09-2011 at 08:50 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed, awk [TAG]$content[/TAG] How to get var in $content in textfile?

Hello, I got a Qstion. Im posting to a phpbb forum with bash and curl.. i have a text file with the following tags that i post to the forum: $var1 $var2 $var3 How can i with sed or awk put var content from shell script between the ... in the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atmosroll
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i delete html attributes from tag ?

Input: <table class="pixelBorderTable faqTable" width="100%" border="1" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="pixelBorderTableHeaderTd" valign="top" width="20%" bgcolor="#666666"><p>&nbsp;</p></td> <td class="pixelBorderTableHeaderTd" valign="top"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cola
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete HTML tag

Guys, I have a little script that I got of the internet and that I use in Squid to block ads. I used that script with linux but now i have moved my servers to freebsd. I have a step learning curve there but it is fun: Back to the script issue. The script used to work i with linux but... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: zongo
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve the value from XML tag whose end tag is in next line

Hi All, Find the following code: <Universal>D38x82j1JJ </Universal> I want to retrieve the value of <Universal> tag as below: Please help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a html tag and print the entire tag

I want to print from <fruits> to </fruits> tag which have <fruit> as mango. Also i want both <fruits> and </fruits> in output. Please help eg. <fruits> <fruit id="111">mango<fruit> . another 20 lines . </fruits> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashik409
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parse between to tag with upper tag

Hi Guys Here is my Input : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xn:MeContext id="01736"> <xn:VsDataContainer id="01736"> <xn:attributes> <xn:vsDataType>vsDataMeContext</xn:vsDataType> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search for a particular tag in xml and collate all similar tag values and display them count

I want to basically do the below thing. Suppose there is a tag called object1. I want to display an output for all similar tag values under heading of Object 1 and the count of the xmls. Please help File: <xml><object1>house</object1><object2>child</object2>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a tag with data and replace its data in another tag

Hi I have one file, :16R::GENL :20C::RELA//SET//ABC123456 :22F::XYZYESR :20C::MITI//NETT/QWERTY12345 :16S::GENL :16R::GENL :20C::RELA//SET//XYZ23456 :22F::XYZYESR :16S::GENL The requirement is, if :20C::MITI// is present in any block, then replace the data of :20C::MITI// in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soumyadip Dutta
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving XML tag/contents after specific XML tag within same file

Hi Forum. I have an XML file with the following requirement to move the <AdditionalAccountHolders> tag and its content right after the <accountHolderName> tag within the same file but I'm not sure how to accomplish this through a Unix script. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files in sub dir with tag & add "." at the beginning [tag -f "Note" . | xargs -0 {} mv {} .{}]

I am trying find files in sub dir with certain tags using tag command, and add the period to the beginning. I can't use chflags hidden {} cause it doesn't add period to the beginning of the string for web purpose. So far with my knowledge, I only know mdfind or tag can be used to search files with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
6 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)