Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting log monitoring continously and executing commands Post 302502818 by pravin27 on Wednesday 9th of March 2011 02:20:47 AM
Old 03-09-2011
Could this help you ?
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;

my ($pos,$file_name_cur_date);
while (1){
        open(FH,"<","inputfile") or die "FAIL:- $!\n";
        if (defined ($pos)) { seek FH,$pos,0;}
        while(<FH>){
                if(/MAX connections reached/) {
                $file_name_cur_date="/tmp/netstat_".`date '+%d%m%Y%H%M%S'`;
                `netstat > $file_name_cur_date`;
                 sleep 5
                }
        }
        $pos=tell FH;
        close(FH);
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing commands with xargs

I have a SQL script that requires values from the environment in order to execute. I found a way to get the desired results but my process is a little choppy. Any suggestions on how to clean this up would be greatly appreciated. SQL Script ------------- select a, b, c from d where a =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bmopal
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP - Executing Commands

I have written a script to ftp a file from Unix to an NT machine to authenticate ftp login I have added the information into the .netrc file when logged in using ftp the commands are not executed. Does anybody know how to make the command execute once username and password have been provided using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hesmas
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing commands after I log off

Hi, guys ! I have at home a simple network. I have a server that shares the internet connection to my computer and another another computer which is located in another room. When I want to download something, I'd like to download directly on the server, without letting my computer on. The server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sergiu-IT
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring a directory for new files with .xx and executing command if found

Hi Guys. I am a complete shell scripting newbie with some syntax and commands understanding. I'm more of a win admin. With that said: I need to write a shell script to monitor a directory '/Mon_Dir' for new occurrences of files with .xx extension. Once a new file is detected in the directory, a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krkan
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Continously checking folder and executing files

Hello All, I want to make a script which continously checks one folder all the time that is there is any file in it or not, and if it found any file in it than execute that file with the following command. apxrcv -text < filename > outputfile Actually my requirement is that i will put... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakhan
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

How commands are executing ?

Hi Folks, I have a small doubt, the binary commands under /bin and /sbin as well as other path binary files, if you peek deep into that, you can find the difference in the way of normal perl programming and some commands will be like binary files. how are the commands executing like the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing many commands at once

Hi, I want to run these two commands one after the other. awk 'BEGIN {OFS="\t"} {print $2}' sort -u rather than typing awk 'BEGIN {OFS="\t"} {print $2}' file1 > file2, then sort -u file2 > file3. Is it possible to run both commands on file1 then get output file3? Its kinda hard for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing commands

I need to execute a command to run my script several times with varying parameters perl ex.pl -b 130198 -e 130884 -c plot plot.txt 1_plot.txt perl ex.pl -b 1345 -e 1308 -c plot plot.txt 2_plot.txt perl ex.pl -b 1345567 -e 130898 -c plot plot.txt 3_plot.txt . . . 100's of excutions ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing commands sequentially

Hello. I am new in shell script. Could anyone help me? I have un shell script. I need each command in it be sequentielly, when the first command ends the second starts. When the second ends et third starts, and so on Thanks in adavance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nurinolo
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing MQ commands in Perl

If you want to capture the output of any command, we then will be writing the system command in `` or qx. `` an qx works fine with all linux and windows system commands. But when I execute the below code.. it is displaying the output on the screen directly instead of storing to variable ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
3 Replies
Acme::Brainfuck(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Acme::Brainfuck(3)

NAME
Acme::Brainfuck - Embed Brainfuck in your perl code SYNOPSIS
#!/usr/bin/env perl use Acme::Brainfuck; print 'Hello world!', chr ++++++++++. ; DESCRIPTION
Brainfuck is about the tiniest Turing-complete programming language you can get. A language is Turing-complete if it can model the opera- tions of a Turing machine--an abstract model of a computer defined by the British mathematician Alan Turing in 1936. A Turing machine con- sists only of an endless sequence of memory cells and a pointer to one particular memory cell. Yet it is theoretically capable of perform- ing any computation. With this module, you can embed Brainfuck instructions delimited by whitespace into your perl code. It will be trans- lated into Perl as parsed. Brainfuck has just just 8 instructions (well more in this implementation, see "Extensions to ANSI Brainfuck" below.) which are as follows Instructions + Increment Increase the value of the current memory cell by one. - Decrement Decrease the value of the current memory cell by one. > Forward Move the pointer to the next memory cell. < Back Move the pointer to the previous memory cell. , Input Read a byte from Standard Input and store it in the current memory cell. . Output Write the value of the current memory cell to standard output. [ Loop If the value of the current memory cell is 0, continue to the cell after the next ']'. ] Next Go back to the last previous '['. Extensions to ANSI Brainfuck This implementation has extra instructions available. In order to avoid such terrible bloat, they are only available if you use the ver- bose pragma like so: use Acme::Brainfuck qw/verbose/; The extra instructions are: ~ Reset Resets the pointer to the first memory cell and clear all memory cells. # Peek Prints the values of the memory pointer and the current memory cell to STDERR. See also "Debugging" below. Debugging By using the debug pragma like this: use Acme::Brainfuck qw/debug/; you can dump out the generated perl code. (Caution: it is not pretty.) The key to understanding it is that the memory pointer is repre- sented by $p, and the memory array by @m Therefore the value of the current memory cell is $m[$p]. RETURN VALUE
Each sequence of Brainfuck instructions becomes a Perl block and returns the value of the current memory cell. EXAMPLES
JABH #!/usr/bin/env perl use Acme::Brainfuck; print "Just another "; ++++++[>++++++++++++++++<-]> ++.-- >+++[<++++++>-]<.>[-]+++[<------>-]< +.- +++++++++.--------- ++++++++++++++.-------------- ++++++.------ >+++[<+++++++>-]<.>[-]+++[<------->-]< +++.--- +++++++++++.----------- print " hacker. "; Countdown #!/usr/bin/env perl use strict; use Acme::Brainfuck qw/verbose/; print "Countdown commencing... "; ++++++++++[>+>+<<-] >>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++<< ++++++++++[>>.-<.<-] print "We have liftoff! "; Reverse #!/usr/bin/env perl use Acme::Brainfuck qw/verbose/; while(1) { print "Say something to Backwards Man and then press enter: "; +[->,----------]< print 'Backwards Man says, "'; [+++++++++++.<]< print "" to you too. "; ~ } Math #!/usr/bin/env perl use Acme::Brainfuck; use strict; use warnings; my $answer = +++[>++++++<-]> ; print "3 * 6 = $answer "; VERSION
1.1.1 Apr 06, 2004 AUTHOR
Jaldhar H. Vyas E<lt>jaldhar@braincells.comE<gt> THANKS
Urban Mueller - The inventor of Brainfuck. Damian Conway - For twisting perl to hitherto unimaginable heights of weirdness. Marco Nippula <http://www.hut.fi/~mnippula/> - Some code in this module comes from his brainfuck.pl Mr. Rock - Who has a nice Brainfuck tutorial at <http://www.cydathria.com/bf/>. Some of the example code comes from there. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2004, Consolidated Braincells Inc. Licensed with no warranties under the Crowley Public License: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the license." perl v5.8.3 2004-04-06 Acme::Brainfuck(3)