Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Suspicious file
Operating Systems AIX Suspicious file Post 302502593 by Corona688 on Tuesday 8th of March 2011 11:52:11 AM
Old 03-08-2011
That's small enough it might even be a shell script, you can look at it with less or compare with diff and see what's different...

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I search my dot files for suspicious text?

My company Unix guru enabled fortune in my .login (dot login?) file. When i asked him how he did it he told me to search my dot files for "suspicious" text. He wants me to learn more about all of the dot files. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobie_doo
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
BZDIFF(1)						      General Commands Manual							 BZDIFF(1)

NAME
bzcmp, bzdiff - compare bzip2 compressed files SYNOPSIS
bzcmp [ cmp_options ] file1 [ file2 ] bzdiff [ diff_options ] file1 [ file2 ] DESCRIPTION
Bzcmp and bzdiff are used to invoke the cmp or the diff program on bzip2 compressed files. All options specified are passed directly to cmp or diff. If only 1 file is specified, then the files compared are file1 and an uncompressed file1.bz2. If two files are specified, then they are uncompressed if necessary and fed to cmp or diff. The exit status from cmp or diff is preserved. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWbzip | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Committed | +--------------------+-----------------+ SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), bzmore(1), bzless(1), bzgrep(1), bzip2(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp or diff programs refer to temporary filenames instead of those specified. BZDIFF(1)