Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Password recovery in login script help Post 302502458 by Dahu on Tuesday 8th of March 2011 03:28:53 AM
Old 03-08-2011
In your script the $pass variable is not set ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password recovery

We recently terminated a developer at my place of employment who created scripts on a windows server (that i do not have access to) that invoke FTP sessions on my UnixWare 7.1.1 servers. I need to know the password that is being used. Does anyone know of a good password crack? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rm -r *
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help for db password recovery

hi,all my database (.db) is created by sysbase adaptive server anywhere7.0 ! the user id is DBA. but I lost the password . Could you recovery the passwrod of this db file? thanks ! iwind (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: northwind
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Script with hidden login name and Password

hi, i need a method to hide the login name and password ....during FTP ....in the script.. thnks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorpiyanz
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password Recovery

Hi, I am new to unix and I set a password for a user and now I need to recover what that password was. Is there a way, where as root, I can view what a users passwords is? Thanks, Eric (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejbrever
2 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

password recovery

hello, my password got lost - and your service to generate new passwords does not work -ive tried it out 50 times the last week or so, never got a single mail from it... please generate a new password for my account "congo" with mailadress. thanks. Thomas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: congo00000001
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

without password to login into remote machine- in the script ??

HI, I need to write a script .. when I run this script , will directly goto that remote machine without asking password.. Once it is entered, I needs to transfer some of the log files... how can I proceed ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hegdeshashi
7 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

password recovery

I am trying to access an old email account but cannot recall the password and the backup email account has been closed, also. I need instructions or an expert who can assist recovering my password for web-based email account. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pp_mcgee
4 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Password Recovery

Perderabo has made posted a good thread in the FAQ section here: Lost root password / Can't login as root | Unix Linux Forums | Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script for password recovery

Hi all, I'm a complete newbie to bash scripting, although I have some experience in programming. The thing is that I have a .dmg file on my mac which I protected with a password, and now I've forgotten it. I remember the first few letters of the password and the characters that represent the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujay.jauhar
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for login to servers with user name and password and execute commands

I am having the 15 servers which need to do the monitoring Hi I need a shell script, By which i can log in to multiple servers and execute the commands.. I need to specify the username and password in the scripts. Please help me to write the script so that it can login with username and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandan8a
5 Replies
catch(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  catch(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
catch - Evaluate script and trap exceptional returns SYNOPSIS
catch script ?varName? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The catch command may be used to prevent errors from aborting command interpretation. Catch calls the Tcl interpreter recursively to exe- cute script, and always returns without raising an error, regardless of any errors that might occur while executing script. If script raises an error, catch will return a non-zero integer value corresponding to one of the exceptional return codes (see tcl.h for the definitions of code values). If the varName argument is given, then the variable it names is set to the error message from interpret- ing script. If script does not raise an error, catch will return 0 (TCL_OK) and set the variable to the value returned from script. Note that catch catches all exceptions, including those generated by break and continue as well as errors. The only errors that are not caught are syntax errors found when the script is compiled. This is because the catch command only catches errors during runtime. When the catch statement is compiled, the script is compiled as well and any syntax errors will generate a Tcl error. EXAMPLES
The catch command may be used in an if to branch based on the success of a script. if { [catch {open $someFile w} fid] } { puts stderr "Could not open $someFile for writing $fid" exit 1 } The catch command will not catch compiled syntax errors. The first time proc foo is called, the body will be compiled and a Tcl error will be generated. proc foo {} { catch {expr {1 +- }} } SEE ALSO
error(n), break(n), continue(n) KEYWORDS
catch, error Tcl 8.0 catch(n)