Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: can't execute a shell script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers can't execute a shell script Post 302501987 by homeboy on Sunday 6th of March 2011 10:04:33 AM
Old 03-06-2011
I created the directory /home/kinsley for kinsley before i copied the script into that directory.I didn't not get any output and error code while i executing that script,it looked like an endless loops without any output.The dot after while means TRUE In bash shell,isn't it?I use ubuntu 10.10 2.6.35-22-generic

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute shell Script?

I am new to UNIX , Can any one let me know how to execute shell script (i.e which command I have to use for the same). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks siva mymvs999@yahoo.com (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute Shell Script

Hi all, I am begginer of UNIX . I dont know if i have a script written in korn shell with .ksh extention . If i want to execute that how can i do that? Can anybody suggest the best book to learn korn shell scripting. Thanks sam71 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam71
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To call/execute a shell script from a shell script

Hi , I have 4 shell scripts a.ksh b.ksh -> depends on a.ksh success -> log into b.log c.ksh -> depends on b.ksh success -> log into c.log d.ksh -> depends on c.ksh success -> log into d.log I will have to write main.ksh ( execute a.ksh , log into a.log if a.ksh= success, execute... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: konark
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

not able to execute shell script

HI, bash-2.05# more mysqlstoporaclestart.sh #!/bin/sh mysqladmin -u root -pengineer shutdown su - oracle -c "bash /export/home/oracle/oracle.sh" bash-2.05# more /export/home/oracle/oracle.sh /oracle/bin/sqlplus "/as sysdba"<< EOF startup nomount... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.gr
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute unix shell script to text file using the script

Hi all, I am beginner in UNIX...I want to use unix shell script to create text.file...I know how to use using by command...can anybody tell me for the script? Thanks i changed the threads title from "tex file" to "text file", because "tex" would probably be misunderstood as reference to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastercar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use ssh execute other shell script on other host (shell script include nohup)?

i want use ssh on the host01 to execute autoexec.sh on the host02 like following : host01> ssh host02 autoexec.sh autoexec.sh include nohup command like follwing : nohup /home/jack/deletedata.sh & after i execute ssh host02 autoexec.sh one the host01. i can't found deletedata.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orablue
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dos batch script to execute unix shell script

Can anyone help me with a dos batch script to execute a shell script residing in an unix server. I am not able to use ssh. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shri123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script without using sh

Hi Experts, I want to execute shell script(on HP-UX) wihout specifying interpreter. For e.g generally we use following command to execute shell sh test.sh but I want to execute it as test.sh currently if I execute directly it as test.sh it is giving error Commnd Not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute one shell script after execution of another shell script?

I have a master shell script master.sh which will invoke 2 shell scripts (test1.sh,test2.sh). Both of these shell scripts will execute stored procedure. I will invoke test1.sh, test2.sh respectively. Now both of these scripts are executing parallel. But i want to invoke the 2nd script(test2.sh)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch script to execute shell script in UNIX server

Hi team, My requirement is to transfer pdf files from windows machine to unix server and then from that unix server we should sftp to another server. I have completed the first part i.e From windows to using to unix server with the help of psftp.exe code: psftp user@host -pw password <... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhupeshchavan
1 Replies
ubuntu-dev-tools(5)						File Formats Manual					       ubuntu-dev-tools(5)

NAME
ubuntu-dev-tools - Configuration for the ubuntu-dev-tools package. DESCRIPTION
The ubuntu-dev-tools package is similar in scope to the devscripts(1) package, providing a collection of scripts which may be of use to Ubuntu and Debian developers or others wishing to build Debian packages. Some of these scripts have options which may be configured on a system-wide and per-user basis. These options are configured in devscripts.conf(5). All variables are described in the script's manpages. Package-wide variables begin with "UBUNTUTOOLS" and are listed below. Every script which reads the configuration files can be forced to ignore them by using the --no-conf command-line option. ENVIRONMENT
All ubuntu-dev-tools configuration variables can be set (and overridden) by setting them in the environment (unlike devscripts). In addition, several scripts use the following environment variables: UBUMAIL Overrides DEBEMAIL and DEBFULLNAME when the target is clearly Ubuntu. Can either contain an e-mail address or Full Name <email@example.org>. DEBEMAIL, DEBFULLNAME As in devscripts(1). PACKAGE-WIDE VARIABLES The currently recognised package-wide variables are: UBUNTUTOOLS_BUILDER This specifies the preferred test-builder, one of pbuilder (default), sbuild, pbuilder-dist. UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBIAN_MIRROR The preferred Debian archive mirror. Should be of the form http://ftp.debian.org/debian (no trailing slash). If not specified, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBSEC_MIRROR The preferred Debian security archive mirror. Should be of the form http://security.debian.org (no trailing slash). If not speci- fied, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_MIRROR The preferred Ubuntu archive mirror. Should be of the form http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu (no trailing slash). If not specified, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_PORTS_MIRROR The preferred Ubuntu archive mirror. Should be of the form http://ports.ubuntu.com (no trailing slash). If not specified, the mas- ter will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_LPINSTANCE The launchpad instance to communicate with. e.g. production (default) or staging. UBUNTUTOOLS_MIRROR_FALLBACK Whether or not to fall-back to the master archive mirror. This is usually the desired behaviour, as mirrors can lag the masters. If on a private network with only a local mirror, you may want to set this to no. One of yes (default) or no. UBUNTUTOOLS_UPDATE_BUILDER Whether or not to update the test-builder before each test build. One of yes or no (default). UBUNTUTOOLS_WORKDIR The directory to use for preparing source packages etc. When unset, defaults to a directory in /tmp/ named after the script. SEE ALSO
devscripts(1), devscripts.conf(5) AUTHORS
This manpage was written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. ubuntu-dev-tools December 19 2010 ubuntu-dev-tools(5)