Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers open a 7z multi volume archive from gui Post 302501973 by cokedude on Sunday 6th of March 2011 05:24:58 AM
Old 03-06-2011
open a 7z multi volume archive from gui

Does anyone know of a way to open a 7z multi volume archive from the gui?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to ristrict tar to span multi volume of 1.95 gig each.

Can some one help me to know how I can restrict tar to span on multiple volumes if it get bigger then 2 gig. I am working on AIX 5.2 and created a tar of 4 gig but I want to move the tar to 4.3 that has limit of 2 gig. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: interim05
0 Replies

2. Solaris

How to resize mirror volume in veritas volume manager 3.5 on Solaris 9 OE

Hi all, I have a problem with vxvm volume which is mirror with two disks. when i am try to increase file system, it is throwing an ERROR: can not allocate 5083938 blocks, ERROR: can not able to run vxassist on this volume. Please find a sutable solutions. Thanks and Regards B. Nageswar... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nageswarb
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

GUI help requir Every folder open in new Window..

I am using GUI mode in Linux & face a problem that when ever i double click on any folder it opens in new Window. I want to ask all DP members where is the option to disable this thing.. Means i want when ever i double on folder it should open in the same Window. looking for your help.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salman103
1 Replies

4. Programming

Open source my WGI, a GUI lib based entirely OIOIC

What WGI? WGI is doing what MFC has done, to encapsulate API, BUT WGI uses OIOIC, instead of C++. to download WGI 1.0.2 source code: Downloads - oic-wgi - Project Hosting on Google Code node WDialog ---> corresponding MFC's CDialog node WMenu ---> corresponding MFC's CMenu node WButton... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pervise.zhao
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multi-Volume tar archives. [solved]

Hi, The only off-line storage medium I have is DVD. I am trying to back up around 10G of data and if I can achieve a practical solution I will use it more generally. I am currently considering something along the lines of: tar --create --multi-volume --tape-length=nnnn <pathspec> |... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MikeGM
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion Regarding Physical Volume,Volume Group,Logical Volume,Physical partition

Hi, I am new to unix. I am working on Red Hat Linux and side by side on AIX also. After reading the concepts of Storage, I am now really confused regarding the terminologies 1)Physical Volume 2)Volume Group 3)Logical Volume 4)Physical Partition Please help me to understand these concepts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open gnome-terminal with multi tabs and automatically run a script in each tab

Hi All , i am trying to create an alias to open a new gnome-terminal and run some commands in each tab & to have a specific name for each tab i am using csh , tried this command gnome-terminal --tab -t "s1" --tab -t "s2" --tab -t "s3" --tab -t "s4" it opened 4 tabs but the title didn't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Assem
0 Replies

8. Programming

Python gui or C++ gui or java gui?

python gui or c++ gui or java gui? and when to use etch one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaja
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

No space in volume group. How to create a file system using existing logical volume

Hello Guys, I want to create a file system dedicated for an application installation. But there is no space in volume group to create a new logical volume. There is enough space in other logical volume which is being mounted on /var. I know we can use that logical volume and create a virtual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to archive logs and sftp to another archive server

Requirement: Under fuse application we have placeholders called containers; Every container has their logs under: <container1>/data/log/fuse.log <container1>/data/log/fuse.log.1 <container1>/data/log/fuse.log.XX <container2>/data/log/fuse.log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arjun Goswami
6 Replies
TAR(1)							      General Commands Manual							    TAR(1)

NAME
tar - The GNU version of the tar archiving utility SYNOPSIS
tar [ - ] A --catenate --concatenate | c --create | d --diff --compare | r --append | t --list | u --update | x -extract --get [ --atime- preserve ] [ -b, --block-size N ] [ -B, --read-full-blocks ] [ -C, --directory DIR ] [ --checkpoint ] [ -f, --file [HOSTNAME:]F ] [ --force-local ] [ -F, --info-script F --new-volume-script F ] [ -G, --incremental ] [ -g, --listed-incremental F ] [ -h, --dereference ] [ -i, --ignore-zeros ] [ -j, -I, --bzip ] [ --ignore-failed-read ] [ -k, --keep-old-files ] [ -K, --starting-file F ] [ -l, --one-file-sys- tem ] [ -L, --tape-length N ] [ -m, --modification-time ] [ -M, --multi-volume ] [ -N, --after-date DATE, --newer DATE ] [ -o, --old-ar- chive, --portability ] [ -O, --to-stdout ] [ -p, --same-permissions, --preserve-permissions ] [ -P, --absolute-paths ] [ --preserve ] [ -R, --record-number ] [ --remove-files ] [ -s, --same-order, --preserve-order ] [ --same-owner ] [ -S, --sparse ] [ -T, --files-from=F ] [ --null ] [ --totals ] [ -v, --verbose ] [ -V, --label NAME ] [ --version ] [ -w, --interactive, --confirmation ] [ -W, --verify ] [ --exclude FILE ] [ -X, --exclude-from FILE ] [ -Z, --compress, --uncompress ] [ -z, --gzip, --ungzip ] [ --use-compress-program PROG ] [ --block-compress ] [ -[0-7][lmh] ] filename1 [ filename2, ... filenameN ] directory1 [ directory2, ...directoryN ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the GNU version of tar , an archiving program designed to store and extract files from an archive file known as a tarfile. A tarfile may be made on a tape drive, however, it is also common to write a tarfile to a normal file. The first argument to tar must be one of the options: Acdrtux, followed by any optional functions. The final arguments to tar are the names of the files or directories which should be archived. The use of a directory name always implies that the subdirectories below should be included in the archive. FUNCTION LETTERS
One of the following options must be used: -A, --catenate, --concatenate append tar files to an archive -c, --create create a new archive -d, --diff, --compare find differences between archive and file system --delete delete from the archive (not for use on mag tapes!) -r, --append append files to the end of an archive -t, --list list the contents of an archive -u, --update only append files that are newer than copy in archive -x, --extract, --get extract files from an archive OTHER OPTIONS
--atime-preserve don't change access times on dumped files -b, --block-size N block size of Nx512 bytes (default N=20) -B, --read-full-blocks reblock as we read (for reading 4.2BSD pipes) -C, --directory DIR change to directory DIR --checkpoint print directory names while reading the archive -f, --file [HOSTNAME:]F use archive file or device F (default /dev/rmt0) --force-local archive file is local even if has a colon -F, --info-script F --new-volume-script F run script at end of each tape (implies -M) -G, --incremental create/list/extract old GNU-format incremental backup -g, --listed-incremental F create/list/extract new GNU-format incremental backup -h, --dereference don't dump symlinks; dump the files they point to -i, --ignore-zeros ignore blocks of zeros in archive (normally mean EOF) -j, -I, --bzip filter the archive through bzip2. Note: -I is deprecated and may get a different meaning in the near future. --ignore-failed-read don't exit with non-zero status on unreadable files -k, --keep-old-files keep existing files; don't overwrite them from archive -K, --starting-file F begin at file F in the archive -l, --one-file-system stay in local file system when creating an archive -L, --tape-length N change tapes after writing N*1024 bytes -m, --modification-time don't extract file modified time -M, --multi-volume create/list/extract multi-volume archive -N, --after-date DATE, --newer DATE only store files newer than DATE -o, --old-archive, --portability write a V7 format archive, rather than ANSI format -O, --to-stdout extract files to standard output -p, --same-permissions, --preserve-permissions extract all protection information -P, --absolute-paths don't strip leading `/'s from file names --preserve like -p -s -R, --record-number show record number within archive with each message --remove-files remove files after adding them to the archive -s, --same-order, --preserve-order list of names to extract is sorted to match archive --same-owner create extracted files with the same ownership -S, --sparse handle sparse files efficiently -T, --files-from=F get names to extract or create from file F --null -T reads null-terminated names, disable -C --totals print total bytes written with --create -v, --verbose verbosely list files processed -V, --label NAME create archive with volume name NAME --version print tar program version number -w, --interactive, --confirmation ask for confirmation for every action -W, --verify attempt to verify the archive after writing it --exclude FILE exclude file FILE -X, --exclude-from FILE exclude files listed in FILE -Z, --compress, --uncompress filter the archive through compress -z, --gzip, --ungzip filter the archive through gzip --use-compress-program PROG filter the archive through PROG (which must accept -d) 30 October 2000 TAR(1)