Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems editing file with awk in bash script Post 302501709 by sr00t on Friday 4th of March 2011 10:34:22 AM
Old 03-04-2011
Quote:
Txxx-Px_14_0_06,TGCUY01,26886,xxx,27498,xx,PortChannel,39813,Po0_14_0_0,,So6_0_0,,0,Links TGCUY01,xxxx- (xxx)
Something like this.

PS: Forgot to post that I'm using Solaris 10 and nawk, not awk (to use gsub). But I don't think it would change something.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File editing using awk

Hi All, I have a file, say test.dat which is "|" separated. It has 50K records in it. One of the field in the file has the data in the format 'mm/dd/yyyy'. I need to edit the file by changing the format to 'yyyy/mm/dd' in the same field where as the rest of the data remain untouched. Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku11
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing the File using Awk

I have input file that is having below text 098769 178902 234678 I want to modify the input file like below. '098769', '178902', '234678' Can you please help to get this. I tried but i am not getting this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: awk_beginner
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing File using awk/sed

Hello Awk Gurus, Can anyone of you help me with the below problem. I have got a file having data in below format pmFaultyTransportBlocks ----------------------- 9842993 pmFrmNoOfDiscRachFrames ----------------------- NULL pmNoRecRandomAccSuccess -----------------------... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls help me with file editing using awk

Hi all, Pls help me with file editing using awk. I have a text file with the below format. "STANDARD VOLUME ","2009","BUX","V","JCBH49","NF", 001413 "VENDOR MATERIAL-STD ","2009","BUX","V","JCBH49","NF", 009948 "INBOUND TRANS-STD ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivas.maddy
2 Replies

5. Web Development

bash script editing my apache config files

okay i'm going to try to say this uber-simple: I use dropbox (file-sync service). in order for dropbox sync files, they must be its children eg. somewhere under /home/jzacsh/Dropbox]. I want to now use it to keep my development files in sync across my machines: easy: just move my dev. files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jzacsh
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems with bash script

Hello, can someone please help me to fix this script, I have a 2 files, one file has hostname information and second file has console information of the hosts in each line, I have written a script which actually reads each line in hostname file and should grep in the console file and paste the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems with BASH Shell Script

Hi I need help with my coding , first time I'm working with bash . What i must do is check if there is 3 .txt files if there is not 3 of them i must give an error code , if al three is there i must first arrange them in alphabetical order and then take the last word in al 3 of the .txt files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linux newb
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing file with awk cut and sed

HI All, I am new to unix. I have a file would like to do some editing by using awk, cut and sed. Could anyone help? This file contain 100 lines. There are one line for example: 2,"102343454",5060,"579668","579668","579668","SIP",,,"825922","035885221283026",1,268,"00:59:00.782 APR 17... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mimilaw
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing and Editing a json file with bash script

I am trying to automate editing of a json file using bash script. The file I initially receive is { "appMap": { "URL1": { "name": "a" }, "URL2": { "name": "b" }, "URL3": { "name": "c" }, } WHat I would like to do is replace... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problems - Bash Script

Hi I keep getting the following error sed: -e expression #1, char 32: unterminated `s' command sed: -e expression #1, char 35: unterminated `s' command sed: -e expression #1, char 35: unterminated `s' command whenever I use the following bash script #! /bin/bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spbr
2 Replies
ucblinks(1B)                                         SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands                                         ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)