Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RHN - Proxy, satellite etc. How do you update you servers? Post 302501450 by Eronysis on Thursday 3rd of March 2011 02:23:47 PM
Old 03-03-2011
If Centos is not an option due to something like the oracle installer complaining/failing. You need do nothing more than drop in an /etc/redhat-release file...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

squid proxy and apache servers

hi. pardon my noob question id just like to have a quick answer. i am planning to install a jabber webclient and a jabber server in our apache server. my boss said this wouldnt work because squid filters port 5222 connections (jabber). i told him we can simply 'unfilter' the port then but he said... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

update a common file in different/remote servers

Dear All, I need to update a common file (ie. same path and same filename) but located in different servers. (ie. remotely located ~ able to ssh from my server). Can someone help me how to go ahead with this? (Since I'm manually editing that file in 20 servers :() (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techychap
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Software/tool to route an IP packet to proxy server and capture the Proxy reply as an

Hi, I am involved in a project on Debian. One of my requirement is to route an IP packet in my application to a proxy server and receive the reply from the proxy server as an IP packet. My application handles data at the IP frame level. My application creates an IP packet(with all the necessary... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_BK
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

RHEL5 tools/apps not from RHN

Hi, I'm new to the concept of paying for linux, as such I'm not sure what packages I can compile/install while maintaining system integrity in RHEL 5.x.x? Can someone inform me if installing programs, for example 'irssi', that are not available from RHN will adversely affect the system/package... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: biorhythm
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Steps for register with RHN

Hi, Once we get a subscription (activation key), how to register a RHEL machine with RHN? Which port to be open on my RHEL machine? How exactly it will connect to Red Hat Network? Please give me some steps. Regards, Uday (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to use rhnreg_ks to register to RHN

Hi, I have Redhat 5.6 I would like to have the script that will don a NONE interactive mode to register Linux Redhat to Satellite server without any interaction from user. i found command but i never get to working: #rhnreg_ks i want also to at the same time upload all rpm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

Connecting via proxy chain to Upstream proxy

I need to configure a proxy on my local machine to use an upstream proxy (installed on another machine). The upstream proxy requires Digest/NTLM authorization. I want the local proxy to deal with the upstream proxy's authorization details and provides authorization free access to users that connect... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Russel
0 Replies

8. Programming

RHN Package List

We have a Redhat subscriptions and wanted to know how one could view the latest package name/list of a versions of RHEL 5,6,7. I am aware of getting what I need via: https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/sec-Listing_Packages.html but is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Corresponding Spacewalk/Satellite versions?

Can anyone point me towards a list that shows which Satellite versions roughly align with which Spacewalk versions, in terms of functionality? Thanks in advance, Akbar. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to apply the update statement in multiple servers on multiple dbs at a time .?

Hi , Can any please help the below requirement on all multiple servers and multiple dbs. update configuration set value='yes' ;1) the above statement apply on 31 Databases at a time on different Ip address eg : 10.104.1.12 (unix ip address ) the above ip box contains 4 db's eg : db... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
2 Replies
RHNREG_KS(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.						      RHNREG_KS(8)

NAME
rhnreg_ks - A program for non interactively registering systems to RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhnreg_ks [options] DESCRIPTION
rhnreg_ks is a utility for registering a system with the RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. It is designed to be used in a non- interactive environment (a kickstart style install, for example). All the information can be specified on the command line or stdin. OPTIONS
--profilename Specify the profile name that should be used as an identifier for the system in RHN Satellite, Red Hat Network Classic --username The username to register the system with under RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. This can be an existing RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic username, or a new username. --password The password associated with the username specified with the --username option. This is an unencrypted password. --activationkey Specify/use a serial number to associate with the system. This is optional, but activation keys can really simplify the registration process. Learn more about activation keys in the online RHN documentation. --contactinfo This option has been deprecated. Please login to the server web user interface and update your contactinfo. --nohardware Do not probe or upload any hardware information. --nopackages Do not profile or upload any package information. --novirtinfo Do not profile or upload any virtualization information. --norhnsd Do not start rhnsd after completion. --force Register the system even if it has already been registered. --version Show the version of rhnreg_ks. --proxy Specify a HTTP proxy to use. --proxyUser Specify a username to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --proxyPassword Specify a password to use with an authenticated HTTP proxy. --sslCACert Specify a path to a SSL CA certificate to use. --serverUrl Specify a URL to as the server. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. EXAMPLES
Register a new system to Red Hat Network Classic: rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser" --password "foobar" Register a new system to Red Hat Network Classic with contact info: rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser" --password "foobar" --contactinfo < contactinfo where the file "contactinfo" contains data in the format: first_name: Billy last_name: Bob company: SomeCompanyName city: Springfield fax: 555-5555 phone: 555-5555 SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhn_register(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by Adrian Likins <alikins@redhat.com> and James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHNREG_KS(8)