Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Complex If statement
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Complex If statement Post 302501163 by kd09714 on Wednesday 2nd of March 2011 08:52:27 PM
Old 03-02-2011
Complex If statement

can anyone please explain my below statement, i am confused.
Code:
      if [ "$filetype" = "perl" ] || [ "$filetype" = "NULL" ] \
         [ "$filetype" = "csh" ] || [ "$filetype" = "ksh" ] \
         [ "$filetype" = "pm" ] || [ "$filetype" = "pl" ] \
         [ "$filetype" = "awk" ] || [ "$filetype" = "sh" ]
then

Last edited by Ygor; 03-03-2011 at 02:22 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex loop...

Hi, I did a lot of search for this but I could not find it, so I am posting it here....Please help. I have a situation where I need to do polling or sleep for a while...here is what I have.. #! /usr/bin/sh job1 runs > result1.txt RESULT1_CNT=`wc -l result1.txt | awk '{ print $1 }'`... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement - How to write a null statement

In my ksh script, if the conditions of a if statement are true, then do nothing; otherwise, execute some commands. How do I write the "do nothing" statement in the following example? Example: if (( "$x"="1" && "$y"="a" && "$z"="happy" )) then do nothing else command command fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: april
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is use sselect statement o/p in insert statement.

Hi All, I am using Unix ksh script. I need to insert values to a table using the o/p from a slelect statement. Can anybody Help! My script looks like tihs. ---`sqlplus -s username/password@SID << EOF set heading off set feedback off set pages 0 insert into ${TB_NAME}_D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkosaraju
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex use with awk

Hi , I have file named docs.txt The content of the file look like this: DOC disk location Size ======= ===== ============= ========= TXT A /dev/dm-1 10 TXT B /dev/dm-2 10 BIN C ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl : semi complex if statement question

Hi there I am trying to write an if statement in perl that will return "SUCCESS" if either of these conditions are true a) if $changes is greater than 5 AND the $force flag is set to 1 OR b) if $changes is greater than 0 AND $changes is less than 6 #!/usr/bin/perl -w my $force =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

complex if statement syntax without using 'if ..' keyword in ksh.

It saves me lot of typing and space/lines when I do not use full 'if' keyword and construct, instead use .. && <statement> || <statement> that perfectly replaces.. if ; then <statement> else <statement> fi Can I use following syntax when I want to add multiple statements under 'if'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

A complex sed statement

I have following requirement. Say, my text file contains following patterns {2010501005|XXGpvertex|9|0|17|0|{|{30100001|XXparameter_set|@@@@{{30001002|XXparameter|!prototype_path|$AB_COMPONENTS/Sort/Sort.mpc|3|2|Pf$|@{0|}} }}@0|@315000|78500|335000|99000|114000|87000|17|And the Sort|Ab... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shell_Learner
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Complex Awk.

Hi, I have a file. In this file when ever the word "ABC" occurs at position from 25 and 34 I would like to replace the value at postion 100 to 5 for the first 1000 rows only. I have written the following Awk command. nawk 'substr($0,25,9)=="ABC" {print $0}' filename The above command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex if then else

for i in $(condition ONE);do for e in $(CONDITION TWO);do if ; then command 1 command 2 command 3 else if ; then command 1 command 2 command 3 else if ; then ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: elilmal
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies
shishi_encapreppart_to_file(3)					      shishi					    shishi_encapreppart_to_file(3)

NAME
shishi_encapreppart_to_file - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <shishi.h> int shishi_encapreppart_to_file(Shishi * handle, Shishi_asn1 encapreppart, int filetype, const char * filename); ARGUMENTS
Shishi * handle shishi handle as allocated by shishi_init(). Shishi_asn1 encapreppart EncAPRepPart to save. int filetype input variable specifying type of file to be written, see Shishi_filetype. const char * filename input variable with filename to write to. DESCRIPTION
Write EncAPRepPart to file in specified TYPE. The file will be truncated if it exists. RETURN VALUE
Returns SHISHI_OK iff successful. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-shishi@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2010 Simon Josefsson. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for shishi is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and shishi programs are properly installed at your site, the command info shishi should give you access to the complete manual. shishi 1.0.1 shishi_encapreppart_to_file(3)