Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help required converting XSD to XML file in PERL Post 302500882 by vanitham on Tuesday 1st of March 2011 11:25:27 PM
Old 03-02-2011
Help required converting XSD to XML file in PERL

Hi,

Please find below the xsd.

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>

<xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

<xs:element name="fruitorder">

<xs:complexType>

<xs:sequence>

<xs:element name="orderperson" type="xs:string" />

<xs:element name="shipto">

<xs:element name="name" type="xs:string" />

<xs:element name="address" type="xs:string" />

<xs:element name="city" type="xs:string" />

<xs:element name="country" type="xs:string" />

</xs:sequence>

</xs:complexType>

</xs:element>

<xs:element name="item" maxOccurs="unbounded">

<xs:element name="title" type="xs:string" />

<xs:element name="note" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" />

<xs:element name="quantity" type="xs:positiveInteger" />

<xs:element name="price" type="xs:decimal" />

<xs:attribute name="orderid" type="xs:string" use="required" />

</xs:schema>

I want to convert the given XSD to XML file using perl?

How can i create an XML tree in perl?

Any idea?

Regards
Vanitha

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Generating XML from XSD

Hi all, Am looking for a way to generate XML based on XSDs so that the final XML need not be validated against the XSDs again. Here is the part of the XSD <xsd:element name="first_element"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="val"/> </xsd:sequence> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a flat file in XML

Hello Friends, I am new to UNIX shell scripting. Using bash....Could you please help me in converting a flat file into an XML style output file. Flat file: (Input File entries looks like this) John Miller: 617-569-7996:15 Bunting lane, staten Island, NY: 10/21/79: 60600 The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: humkhn
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XMLLINT COMMAND IN UNIX TO VALIDATE XML AGAINST XSD

Hi i am baby to unix shell script. how do i validate xml agaist xsd and transforms xml using xslt. Thanks Mohan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan.cheepu
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XML / XSD: what is a good format for amounts?

Suppose I have a XSD definition of amount: <xs:element name="Amount" type="amount> And the amounts themselves are given in the following format in the XML: <amount>1.000.00</amount> In other words, the thousand separator and the decimal point are the same. Does this require that the parser... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating XML against XSD

Hi Frnds I want to validate an xml file against its xsd using KSH. But dont have any idea on how to proceed:confused:.. Please help me with your ideas.. Thanks in advance.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balesh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in Building an XML using SAX Parser in perl

I want to use sax parser for my application as i have 5 Lakhs of data. I have the xml file like this <Nodes> <Node> <NodeName>Company</NodeName> <File>employee_details.csv</File> <data>employee_data.txt</data> <Node> <NodeName>dummy</NodeName> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate xml agaist xsd is ksh

how do i validate xml agaist xsd is ksh? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in Splitting a xml file into multiple and appending it in another .xml file

HI All, I have to split a xml file into multiple xml files and append it in another .xml file. for example below is a sample xml and using shell script i have to split it into three xml files and append all the three xmls in a .xml file. Can some one help plz. eg: <?xml version="1.0"?>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesan kulasek
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating XML file using XSD in UNIX

Hi, I have a xml file and a xsd file(xml schema file). Here using unix script i wanted to validate the xml file by referring to xsd file. The validation is in terms of Datatype,Field length and null values. If the data present in the xml file is not matching in terms of datatype,field length... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help required in converting a file format

My file format: -------------------------------------------------- Complete Consistency Check Valid Area : VALID:VALID Started by : esanwad Started at : Thu Dec 11 16:04:46 2014 CNA version : R21H04_EC08 Check range : AREA VALID/VALID ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautam Banerjee
4 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)