Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX type of pages being paged in/out Post 302500874 by zxmaus on Tuesday 1st of March 2011 10:19:50 PM
Old 03-01-2011
Can we assume this is an untuned box running AIX 5.3 ? If so set lru_file_repage to 0 and the paging will dramatically decrease. There are a bunch of threads here on what else you can do ... if your box is properly tuned, than most likely you are paging non-comp but to me it doesn't look like.

Regards
zxmaus

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Man pages

Hello , I just installed openssh in my system . I actually tried to man sshd but it says no entry , though there is a man directory in the installation which have the man pages for sshd . Can anyone tell me how should i install these man pages . DP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi, I've written now a man pages, but I don't knwo how to get 'man' to view them. Where have I to put this files, which directories are allowed?? THX Bensky (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bensky
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wired pages

hi, can any body tell, what are wired pages in HP_UX. which structure contains that and plz tell the corresponding system call to get it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_t
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

inactive pages

hi, plz tell me, how can get the inactive pages in HP UX. bye.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_t
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi folks, I want to know all the commands for which man pages are available. How do i get it? Cheers, Nisha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pages out

okay.. have monitored that the page out/h max and avg have been 0 for one week. is this possible...? huge applications will have swap space being utilised ... so i am suprised that for one whole week, it has actually been zero please advise thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String type to date type

Can one string type variable changed into the date type variable. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinku
1 Replies

8. Programming

array type has incomplete element type

Dear colleagues, One of my friend have a problem with c code. While compiling a c program it displays a message like "array type has incomplete element type". Any body can provide a solution for it. Jaganadh.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

more f skips two pages

Hi, I am new to linux. I am using more command to view the contents of a file. If the file has many pages i am using f to move forward to the next page. But when i press f it skips to two pages instead of one page. i checked the man more. It shows the default is 1. Please share your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokiak810
1 Replies
glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)					       GLUT						  glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutButtonBoxFunc - sets the dial & button box button callback for the current window. SYNTAX
void glutButtonBoxFunc(void (*func)(int button, int state)); ARGUMENTS
func The new button box callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutButtonBoxFunc sets the dial & button box button callback for the current window. The dial & button box button callback for a window is called when the window has dial & button box input focus (normally, when the mouse is in the window) and the user generates dial & button box button presses. The button parameter will be the button number (starting at one). The number of available dial & button box buttons can be determined with glutDeviceGet(GLUT_NUM_BUTTON_BOX_BUTTONS). The state is either GLUT_UP or GLUT_DOWN indicating whether the callback was due to a release or press respectively. Registering a dial & button box button callback when a dial & button box device is not available is ineffectual and not an error. In this case, no dial & button box button callbacks will be generated. Passing NULL to glutButtonBoxFunc disables the generation of dial & button box button callbacks. When a new window is created, no dial & button box button callback is initially registered. SEE ALSO
glutDialsFunc, glutDeviceGet, glutSpaceballButtonFunc, glutTabletButtonFunc AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutButtonBoxFunc(3GLUT)