Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity How can you send a file over Ip.NOT EMAIL Post 302500851 by orszhak on Tuesday 1st of March 2011 06:40:41 PM
Old 03-01-2011
How can you send a file over Ip.NOT EMAIL

So I was just wondering... Is there a way to send a file directly to the computer..... Ive never gotten the answer and I want to know how, I keep running in to a wall Smilie. Why you may ask, well really for security reasons due to the fact that if this is done via a port I want to make sure to close it to prevent crackers, black hats and maybe even gray hats.. If their is a way what is the script or commands required? Unix bash shell.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to send contents of a file to email as a message

i have a file new1.txt i want to send the contents of that file as a message to email ali@sms.com i m using ksh script......... plz help me (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to send a file in email

a file is created on a daily basis in the name xyz_pqr_20071207.dat.i want to send the file as an attachment if the file contains more than 50 records.how can i write a script such that it will transmit the file after the file is created.i want to sed the file to say asdf@xyz.com. please help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse the file and send email

Hi Experts, I am writing a script in which i want to parse the file and send the emails to some email-id's. The problem is like this-- I use to get some emails on saturday and sunday's but we do not work on these days. So what i want to do is forward those emails to some email id's. I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
1 Replies

4. AIX

how to send a file from aix to a email address?

how to send a file from aix to a email address? such as xxx@yahoo.com? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send a file through email using cron as an attachment

Hi All, I want to send a file as an attachment through cron job.Is this possible using cronjob nd if it i, can you please let me know how to do this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

send an email from batch file

My batch files run every day, it moves files from servers to my local computer, can I have a confirmation email sent to me from this batch file saying if the job failed or successes? Thank you for your help! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: idiazza
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file and send email

I have a file like this. I need to ues this file to send emails to the appropriate ID/group. For instance in the first line - Subject should be --> "A1.csv - ABC" - Body should be --> File A1.csv has changed. - Email should be sent to A1@xyz.com,A3@xyz.com Lookup.csv: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vskr72
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to zip 2 GB file and send it via email

i want to zip the 2GB file and send it via email from unix machine using uuencode. could you please suggest whether it will possible or not and also command to do it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove bad records from file and move them into a file then send those via email

Hi my requirement is that i want pull the bad records from input file and move those records in to a seperate file. that file has to be sent via email.. any suggentions please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sxk4999
1 Replies
Email::Send(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Email::Send(3pm)

NAME
Email::Send - Simply Sending Email WAIT! ACHTUNG! Email::Send is going away... well, not really going away, but it's being officially marked "out of favor." It has API design problems that make it hard to usefully extend and rather than try to deprecate features and slowly ease in a new interface, we've released Email::Sender which fixes these problems and others. As of today, 2008-12-19, Email::Sender is young, but it's fairly well-tested. Please consider using it instead for any new work. SYNOPSIS
use Email::Send; my $message = <<'__MESSAGE__'; To: recipient@example.com From: sender@example.com Subject: Hello there folks How are you? Enjoy! __MESSAGE__ my $sender = Email::Send->new({mailer => 'SMTP'}); $sender->mailer_args([Host => 'smtp.example.com']); $sender->send($message); # more complex my $bulk = Email::Send->new; for ( qw[SMTP Sendmail Qmail] ) { $bulk->mailer($_) and last if $bulk->mailer_available($_); } $bulk->message_modifier(sub { my ($sender, $message, $to) = @_; $message->header_set(To => qq[$to@geeknest.com]) }); my @to = qw[casey chastity evelina casey_jr marshall]; my $rv = $bulk->send($message, $_) for @to; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a very simple, very clean, very specific interface to multiple Email mailers. The goal of this software is to be small and simple, easy to use, and easy to extend. Constructors new my $sender = Email::Send->new({ mailer => 'NNTP', mailer_args => [ Host => 'nntp.example.com' ], }); Create a new mailer object. This method can take parameters for any of the data properties of this module. Those data properties, which have their own accessors, are listed under "Properties". Properties mailer The mailing system you'd like to use for sending messages with this object. This is not defined by default. If you don't specify a mailer, all available plugins will be tried when the "send" method is called until one succeeds. mailer_args Arguments passed into the mailing system you're using. message_modifier If defined, this callback is invoked every time the "send" method is called on an object. The mailer object will be passed as the first argument. Second, the actual "Email::Simple" object for a message will be passed. Finally, any additional arguments passed to "send" will be passed to this method in the order they were received. This is useful if you are sending in bulk. METHODS send my $result = $sender->send($message, @modifier_args); Send a message using the predetermined mailer and mailer arguments. If you have defined a "message_modifier" it will be called prior to sending. The first argument you pass to send is an email message. It must be in some format that "Email::Abstract" can understand. If you don't have "Email::Abstract" installed then sending as plain text or an "Email::Simple" object will do. Any remaining arguments will be passed directly into your defined "message_modifier". all_mailers my @available = $sender->all_mailers; Returns a list of availabe mailers. These are mailers that are installed on your computer and register themselves as available. mailer_available # is SMTP over SSL avaialble? $sender->mailer('SMTP') if $sender->mailer_available('SMTP', ssl => 1); Given the name of a mailer, such as "SMTP", determine if it is available. Any additional arguments passed to this method are passed directly to the "is_available" method of the mailer being queried. Writing Mailers package Email::Send::Example; sub is_available { eval { use Net::Example } } sub send { my ($class, $message, @args) = @_; use Net::Example; Net::Example->do_it($message) or return; } 1; Writing new mailers is very simple. If you want to use a short name when calling "send", name your mailer under the "Email::Send" namespace. If you don't, the full name will have to be used. A mailer only needs to implement a single function, "send". It will be called from "Email::Send" exactly like this. Your::Sending::Package->send($message, @args); $message is an Email::Simple object, @args are the extra arguments passed into "Email::Send::send". Here's an example of a mailer that sends email to a URL. package Email::Send::HTTP::Post; use strict; use vars qw[$AGENT $URL $FIELD]; use Return::Value; sub is_available { eval { use LWP::UserAgent } } sub send { my ($class, $message, @args); require LWP::UserAgent; if ( @args ) { my ($URL, $FIELD) = @args; $AGENT = LWP::UserAgent->new; } return failure "Can't send to URL if no URL and field are named" unless $URL && $FIELD; $AGENT->post($URL => { $FIELD => $message->as_string }); return success; } 1; This example will keep a UserAgent singleton unless new arguments are passed to "send". It is used by calling "Email::Send::send". my $sender = Email::Send->new({ mailer => 'HTTP::Post' }); $sender->mailer_args([ 'http://example.com/incoming', 'message' ]); $sender->send($message); $sender->send($message2); # uses saved $URL and $FIELD SEE ALSO
Email::Simple, Email::Abstract, Email::Send::IO, Email::Send::NNTP, Email::Send::Qmail, Email::Send::SMTP, Email::Send::Sendmail, perl. PERL EMAIL PROJECT
This module is maintained by the Perl Email Project. <http://emailproject.perl.org/wiki/Email::Send> AUTHOR
Current maintainer: Ricardo SIGNES, <rjbs@cpan.org>. Original author: Casey West, <casey@geeknest.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005 Casey West. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2011-08-31 Email::Send(3pm)