Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dont have a clue which program to use to process flying bat data Post 302500631 by cmp260 on Tuesday 1st of March 2011 06:12:34 AM
Old 03-01-2011
Hi,

sorry hadnt had the chance to look at this until now. Thank you so much for this help, it is really appreciated. I'm going to have a go with your zip file this afternoon. There is another ipcas logger in use which outputs data in a slightly different format to an access database (can export as csv). This logger does not create daily folders, but it does have included with time -as hh:mm:ss and millisewconds. I'm must say that I feel greedy asking you so much but its difficult not to since you are so helpfulSmilieSmilie
If you are interested in another problem, let me know and Ill send you a copy of this file and see if its possible to do the same type of thing as the other one but also calculate speed of transit using milliseconds field?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

IO by Process/program

HI there, I'm trying to find a way of showing the IO's performed by individual programs. Number of reads/writes IO time that kind of thing. Anybody know of any way to show this information. Free little downloads that kind of thing? Cheers Phil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpiuk
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

get program name give a process id

Hi , I have query regarding to get a program name given a pid in HP-Ux . give procees id ( PID) i would like to retrieve the process/program through a C program ? my input to c program will be will be pid and i would like to know what is process name /program name . Many Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
1 Replies

3. Programming

Getting process info in a program

Hi, I am wondering if there is a way to find out in a C software program if a particular process is running without having to write a file. In the past, I have been using the system command to execute a pgrep and output the info to a file. Then the C program reads the file to make the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: herbmiller
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to start a process in linux using C program??

I have a set of attributes such as group id,group name,etc related to a linux process. Iwant to know how to start a process in linux using C program.Plz do help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigneshinbox
3 Replies

5. Programming

Process creation in Unix with C Program

Hi, can somebody please help me regarding this? How can i print parent's PID from child's and vice versa. I have tried with getpid() & ngetppid() function but it is not giving me the correct data. The logic i used is: if (pid == 0) { getpid() : Chil'd PID getppid():... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsudipta
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

defunct process occuring in a particular program

All, I am getting a wired scenario, Not all times but some times i am getting the defunct process for a program. If i rerun the same program it is working fine.This defunct scenario is not occuring often. And this is happening only for the one program in my system that to sometimes Can you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

dont have a clue again- flying bat data new logger

hi, this is related to this thread https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/154822-dont-have-clue-program-use-process-flying-bat-data.html using another type of logger (ipcas ipether232) which produces csv data but not seperated into differnt folders. I need to work out how to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmp260
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I get parent process program name?

Hi: I have 2 script on AIX server. The child script is called by parent script. For example: The parent script full name is /home/op/def/parent.spt, which calls /home/op/abc/child.spt I want to get the parent program name with full path name (i.e. /home/op/def/parent.spt), in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstsang
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I dont want to exit the program by ctrl + c

Hey , guys I am new to shell programing ,, so need a help from you guys ... I have to write a shell script that accepts file name or directory name from the user if it is a directory then throw an error if it is a file then give the user two options . 1.overwrite the content 2.append the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolashu
2 Replies
logger::appender(n)					 Object Oriented logging facility				       logger::appender(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
logger::appender - Collection of predefined appenders for logger SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require logger::appender ?1.2? ::logger::appender::console -level level -service service ?options...? ::logger::appender::colorConsole -level level -service service ?options...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a predefined set of logger templates. ::logger::appender::console -level level -service service ?options...? -level level Name of the level to fill in as "priority" in the log procedure. -service service Name of the service to fill in as "category" in the log procedure. -appenderArgs appenderArgs Any additional arguments for the log procedure in list form -conversionPattern conversionPattern The log pattern to use (see logger::utils::createLogProc for the allowed substitutions). -procName procName Explicitly set the name of the created procedure. -procNameVar procNameVar Name of the variable to set in the calling context. This variable will contain the name of the procedure. ::logger::appender::colorConsole -level level -service service ?options...? See ::logger::appender::colorConsole for a description of the applicable options. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category logger of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
appender, logger COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005 Aamer Akhter <aakhter@cisco.com> log 1.2 logger::appender(n)