Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compiling multiple files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Compiling multiple files Post 302500501 by Aeria Gloris on Monday 28th of February 2011 09:14:37 PM
Old 02-28-2011
Compiling multiple files

Hey there,hope you are all well.

Actually i am trying to compile two .c files with gcc in unix and i also have one .txt and one .h..How do i compine them alltogether in order for my program to run?
I will have to do gcc -o myprog myprog1.c myprog2.c and then how i will use myprog with the .txt and the .h?:S

Thanks in advance!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Including lib files when compiling

I am using the C compiler included with AIX 4.3.3. I am unable to include libraries when I try to create the executable. Is there a switch that has to be used at compile time to make this happen?? Can anyone help?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewl68
2 Replies

2. Programming

compiling and linking 2 C files ...??

Hi mates, I am trying to copile and link to C programs with command: cc file1,file2 but i raises the error "file not found" ... am i doing the right way? any suggestion will be appreciated. thanks abdul (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Un-Compiling Files ??

I am using NCR Unix, with a progress database. There are files that suddenly appear that are compiled (*.r) and I can't figure out where they are comming from. Is there any way I can uncompile them? That way, I can possibly read them and find out where they are comming from? Any ideas... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tripp4337
2 Replies

4. Programming

Compiling multiple cpp files (abstract factory pattern)

Hi all, I have been working with java for awhile and because of my school projects I needed to switch C++. I tried to implement some patterns in C++ but unfortunately I couldn't. Specifically, I tried to implement abstract factory pattern but since I used separated files (habitual behavior from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SaTYR
4 Replies

5. Solaris

compiling all 'C' files in one command

Hi, I have a directory structure containing 'C' files scattered in all sub folders. Now I want to compile all 'C' files using gcc command. I am using following command - find . -name "*.c" -exec gcc -o `basename {} .c` {} \; but is not working. also find . -name "*.c" | xargs -i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
1 Replies

6. Programming

Compiling kernel mnodule spanning multiple files

Hello i guys i have a kernel module which has a list.c library I have one file mod.c (the main kernel module) and one list.c (which is the library) Could you please help me with the following questions .. 1) Is a header file needed (list.h) to be included in the mod.c ? 2) do we need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling multiple ".c" files starting with xxx

Hello, I am trying to figure out how I can write a bashscript that compiles several ".c" files that start with xxx (example: xxx_try.c and xxx_that.c) So I want to compile all these files with a bash script. Anyone can help pls? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Freak79
6 Replies

8. Linux

Compiling with multiple versions of a library

Hello! I have a set of headers and libraries I want to use but they are mixed with ones I do not want to use. They are part of some official stuff, so I cannot modify them while begging and pleading for weeks. These headers and libraries are located here /long/official/path/to/include... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gobi
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using AWK: Extract data from multiple files and output to multiple new files

Hi, I'd like to process multiple files. For example: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt Each file contains several lines of data. I want to extract a piece of data and output it to a new file. file1.txt ----> newfile1.txt file2.txt ----> newfile2.txt file3.txt ----> newfile3.txt Here is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liverpaul09
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write files for compiling a program.?

I am hoping someone can give me a good free web resource for writing code to compile a binary executable. I am getting fairly decent at writing shell script, are the .f files just shell scripts? Also, I don't know where to begin on the makefiles. The reason I am curious is because I have been... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butson
6 Replies
cxref-cpp(1)						      General Commands Manual						      cxref-cpp(1)

NAME
cxref-cpp - A modified C preprocessor to use with cxref. SYNOPSIS
cxref-cpp ... DESCRIPTION
To improve the output that is available for the source code for cross-referencing a modified version of the GNU CPP v2.7.2 is supplied (named cxref-cpp). This modified C preprocessor allows for a finer control over some features of the preprocessing that are not important for a compiler. In a standard preprocessor, the preprocessor directives are intended for use only by the preprocessor, so passing the information through is not important. With cxref-cpp, there are some features that are different to the standard GNU CPP: Compared to gcc versions earlier than version 2.8.0 there is an extra option that will output the #include lines from the source file. In version 2.8.0 and later this option is present. Comments trailing a #include or a #define are not preserved by all versions of gcc even if the -C option is used. This is not important while compiling, but is useful for documenting. The cxref-cpp program will take on the personality of the installed version of gcc so that the gcc header files can be parsed. This means that it includes the same default include directory paths and macro definitions. The file that contains these definitions is called cxref-cpp.defines and is installed by the cxref-cpp-configure program or specified by the -cxref-cpp-defines command line option. OPTIONS
The same as for gcc, apart from '-cxref-cpp-defines' described above. SEE ALSO
cxref(1), cxref-cpp-configure(1), gcc(1) May 9, 2004 cxref-cpp(1)