Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Security Advisories (RSS) Debian: 2175-1: samba: missing input sanisiting Post 302500487 by Linux Bot on Monday 28th of February 2011 07:30:05 PM
Old 02-28-2011
Debian: 2175-1: samba: missing input sanisiting

LinuxSecurity.com: Volker Lendecke discovered that missing range checks in Samba's file descriptor handling could lead to memory corruption, resulting in denial of service. [More...]

More...

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

samba library libsmbclient.so is missing

Hi, I am trying to set up a driver to access a ms access db in a windows machine from a debian machine. I got the unixODBC driver for ms access. In the configuration file I have to set up the path to the libsmbclient library on the machine where the ODBC-Access Driver is installed. Although... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sickboy
2 Replies

2. Debian

Debian 7.2 Samba version 3.6.6 Windows 8 Excel 2013 Problem

Hi Guys I have been trying to solve this problem for some time now and i'm just not getting to the bottom of it. I have a 3 user network with Windows 8 64bit pro and Office 2013 home and business. The Excel files are beeing shared by a Debian Samba server. Debian 7.2 Running Samba 3.6.6. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxjunkie
1 Replies
NTDBRESTORE(8)						    System Administration tools 					    NTDBRESTORE(8)

NAME
ntdbrestore - tool for creating a NTDB file out of a ntdbdump output SYNOPSIS
ntdbrestore {ntdbfilename} DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(1) suite. ntdbrestore is a very simple utility that 'restores' the contents of dump file into NTDB (New Trivial DataBase) file. The dump file is obtained from the ntdbdump or tdbdump commands. This tool wait on the standard input for the content of the dump and will write the ntdb in the ntdbfilename parameter. This tool can be used to translate between ntdb and tdb files by dumping and restoring. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
ntdbdump(8), tdbrestore(8) AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. ntdbrestore was written by Rusty Russell based on tdbrestore, which was initially written by Volker Lendecke based on an idea by Simon McVittie. The ntdbrestore man page was written by Rusty Russell, based on the tdbrestore man page by Matthieu Patou. Samba 4.1 06/17/2014 NTDBRESTORE(8)