Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Installation problem
Operating Systems Linux Linux Installation problem Post 302500173 by Corona688 on Sunday 27th of February 2011 07:09:30 PM
Old 02-27-2011
You've given us no details... What distro are you trying to install? I suspect but can't be sure without more details that 'hard drive' is the wrong choice: You may be telling it you have installation files on the hard drive, not that you want to install on a hard drive. It's not like you could install on something else anyway, so the question's probably asking where you have your media -- cd/dvd.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Installation Problem on Red hat linux 9

Hi, I am trying to install our new acquired Red Hat linux 9 on Compaq Proliant ML370. However, l has already configured the raid 0+1. The linux installation starts from the CD, its allows for the selection of Language, keyboard but l am stocked at choosing the installation package media. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
4 Replies

2. Ubuntu

linux installation

for installing fc4 , or even ubuntu , i got this problem after booting from vmlinuz and initrd (from both cd and ftp) display i got was very scattered. I was not able to make out from that display. ( it was a default display of blue window and black background). I have debian already installed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux installation

Hi, Well I am installing Enterprise Linux 3.0 version, using CD... but what my doubt is , is there any possibility for me, to copy the contents of all the cd and have it in a folder like disk1,disk2,disk3 and disk4... while switching on the server, it will ask for the boot mode, like, CD... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installation problem

Hi , I have installed a s/w for work tracking (work tracking fecilitator) in linix OS. all my other perl programs are working fine. i have completed the backend part of it but unable to use this application . Please guide me regarding this . I have downloaded the source from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alma
4 Replies

5. Linux

How to do a silent installation on linux

Hi, I am trying to do a silent installation of a JDk on a linux machine. Can anyone give me a command that would do it for me. Thanx Sundeep (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

New Linux installation

Hello, I am planning to install Linux on my laptop. I will be using it for mailing testing as well as scripting. Basically I want to hand on with Linux to be used as File and Mail Server. Please advise suitable Linux distribution. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
3 Replies

7. Linux

Problem in dual booting installation of linux on windows

Dear friends, I am experiencing the trouble while installing the Red Hat Linux 4 on top of windows XP, after booting its asking "What type of media contains the packages to be installed". Steps I followed: Step 1: left the free space as unpartitioned, (I also tried with the FAT32... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suneelieg
1 Replies

8. Linux

Linux Installation

I have Lenovo laptop with vista pre installed. I am planning to install linux . can u suggest/advice which linux operating system is better for my laptop. i am installing linux mainly for technical use. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkca
7 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Gbrowse and GD installation in ia64 linux problem facing...

Hi all, I'm trying to install of Gbrowse recently. Unfortunately, I stuck at the step to install GD which are prerequisite for Gbrowse installation. I got try to install it, but it seems like got a lot of error message occurred :( And still can't fix the problem yet. I'm using ia64 linux... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux installation question?

Hi I accidentally installed another operating system after I had installed Linux and now I can no longer access your Linux system.any solution? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adam25bc
1 Replies
Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)

NAME
Linux::Distribution::Packages - list all packages on various Linux distributions SYNOPSIS
use Linux::Distribution::Packages qw(distribution_packages distribution_write); $linux = new Linux::Distribution::Packages({'format' => 'csv', 'output_file' => 'packages.csv'}); $linux->distribution_write(); # Or you can (re)set the options when you write. $linux->distribution_write({'format' => 'xml', 'output_file' => 'packages.xml'}); # If you want to reload the package data $linux->distribution_packages(); DESCRIPTION
This is a simple module that uses Linux::Distribution to guess the linux distribution and then uses the correct commands to list all the packages on the system and then output them in one of three formats: native, csv, and xml. Distributions currently working: debian, ubuntu, fedora, redhat, suse, gentoo, slackware, redflag. The module inherits from Linux::Distribution, so can also use its calls. EXPORT None by default. TODO
* Add the capability to correctly get packages for all recognized distributions. * Seperate out parsing from writing. Parse data to hash and give access to hash. Then write the formatted data from the hash. AUTHORS
Judith Lebzelter, <judith@osdl.org> Alberto Re, <alberto@accidia.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.1 2006-04-19 Linux::Distribution::Packages(3pm)