Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Access ods files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Access ods files Post 302499960 by cgkmal on Friday 25th of February 2011 10:01:29 PM
Old 02-25-2011
locoroco,

You can try first saving your ods file in format like csv within open calc, then you can extract cell values using awk as follow:

Code:
 awk -F"," 'NR==1{print $1}' input.csv # Print "Cell 1,1=A1"

If you want to do all with shell script, googling I found that you can convert ods to csv installing "unoconv" utility, after that convert the ods file to csv for better handling sending the command
Code:
 unoconv -f csv $FILE_TO_CONVERT_NAME.ods
reference: http://solidcode.com/about/evconv.txt

and the complete script could be something like this
Code:
unoconv -f csv $FILE_TO_CONVERT_NAME.ods | awk -F"," 'NR==1{print $1}' > Output

Hope it helps

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To What files root does not have access to??

Hi, I just wanted to know to what files root does not have access, not even read....I read that .profile for any user is the only file which root cannot access is it true..??...If we have to use passwords and ID's in a script can we use them in .profile and call them as parameters..??? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To What files root does not have access to??

Hi, I just wanted to know to what files root does not have access, not even read....I read that .profile for any user is the only file which root cannot access is it true..??...If we have to use passwords and ID's in a script can we use them in .profile and call them as parameters..??? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to identify files I cannot access

I want to use find (or something else) to give me a list of all files in a directory tree where the group access is not rwx or rw-. I'm trying to archive the whole directory tree, but it won't archive any files where I do not have at least read access. I have tried: find . ! -perm -060 but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wvdeijk
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to access files via their descriptors?

hello, I'm new here, and new to Linux. I was wondering how to get hold of a certain file's descriptor, and how to use that number so that I access the contents of the file. please give me a full example, that is (1) how to determine the descriptor and (2) what magic symbols to use so that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ialoq
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel giving access for multiple users to access files

hi all, i want to know y kernel is giving access for multiple users to access a file when one user may be the owner is executing that file. Because other user can manipulate that file when the other user is executing that file, it will give the unexpected result to owner . plz help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyuk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to access files from different directories and to perform search action in those files?

Hi, I want to access files from different directories (for example: /home/dir1/file1 , /home/dir2/file2 ...) Like this i have to access these files(file1, file2...). (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bangarukannan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xmllint - Xml-file problem --ods file not opening

Dear All, this is my first post on this Forum, glad to be here. I'm trying to fix an .ods file. Yes, I had a backup, but it's also corrupted. When opening the document I get this EM: read error format error discovered in the file in sub-document content.xml at 2,337040(row,col). So I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jameslast
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Replacing a Disk in a ODS/SVM Mirror

Hi All BAsed on the below I would like to verifu two things (1) The udnerlying mirroris for '/mnt' na dit onlcy contaisne 1 sub-mirror, with one sliceon is one disk and hence, data loss on the mount point (the mount point, '/mnt' is backed up) (2) the Procedure for renewal # df -kh /mnt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevie_velvet
2 Replies
ods-timing(5)							OpenDNSSEC timinig						     ods-timing(5)

NAME
ods-timing - OpenDNSSEC timing specification SYNOPSIS
/etc/opendnssec/conf.xml /etc/opendnssec/kasp.xml /etc/opendnssec/zonelist.xml DESCRIPTION
The configuration files of OpenDNSSEC need to have timing descriptions, notably for periods. These descriptions follow ISO 8601 with exceptions for the duration of a month and a year, as these periods would be allowed to vary if ISO 8601 were strictly adhered to. Durations are represented by the format P[n]Y[n]M[n]DT[n]H[n]M[n]S. In these representations, the [n] is replaced by the value for each of the date and time elements that follow the [n]. Leading zeros are not required. The capital letters P, Y, M, W, D, T, H, M and S are desig- nators for each of the date and time elements and are not replaced P is the duration designator (historically called "period") placed at the start of the duration representation. Y is the year designator that follows the value for the number of years. M is the month designator that follows the value for the number of months. W is the week designator that follows the value for the number of weeks. D is the day designator that follows the value for the number of days. T is the time designator that precedes the time components of the representation. H is the hour designator that follows the value for the number of hours. M is the minute designator that follows the value for the number of minutes. S is the second designator that follows the value for the number of seconds. For example, P3Y6M4DT12H30M5S represents a duration of "three years, six months, four days, twelve hours, thirty minutes, and five sec- onds". Date and time elements including their designator may be omitted if their value is zero, and lower order elements may also be omit- ted for reduced precision. For example, P23DT23H and P4Y are both acceptable duration representations. EXCEPTION
A year or month vary in duration depending on the current date. For OpenDNSSEC, we assume fixed values One month is assumed to be 31 days. One year is assumed to be 365 days. This exception may or may not change in future releases of OpenDNSSEC. The reason for making this exception is to avoid complicating this software in a way that may not meet any practical need. SEE ALSO
ods-auditor(1), ods-control(8), ods-enforcerd(8), ods-hsmspeed(1), ods-hsmutil(1), ods-kaspcheck(1), ods-ksmutil(1), ods-signer(8), ods-signerd(8), opendnssec(7), ISO 8601, http://www.opendnssec.org/ AUTHORS
OpenDNSSEC was made by the OpenDNSSEC project, to be found on http://www.opendnssec.org/ OpenDNSSEC February 2010 ods-timing(5)