Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Total number of users logged in a server from uptime Post 302499727 by amiya.te@gmail on Friday 25th of February 2011 08:57:25 AM
Old 02-25-2011
Total number of users logged in a server from uptime

how to find out total number of users logged in a server from uptime . i mean to say i need the total output of [ who ] unix command . who gives the out put at a particular time . I need at all time from which machine who has connected ,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

uptime reports differntly for different users

when i run uptime as root i get the following result (which is incorrect) uptime 14:33pm up -176 days, -11:-38, 0 users, load average: 4.59, 4.16, 4.03 when i run it as a normal user i get the following (which is correct) uptime 02:33PM up 320 days, 15:02, 6 users, load... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zuessh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Users logged in longer than machine uptime?

SCO 5.06 Anyone ever have an issue where: uptime returns: SCO:/# uptime 4:40pm up 4:50, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00 w returns: SCO:/# w User Tty Login@ Idle JCPU PCPU What root tty01 - 72:20 - - -ksh I've rebooted yet... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find the number of users logged in

Hi, can u say to display the number of users that logged before me. thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanshine
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

number of users logged in script

My admin needs a shell script in Korn that will show conditions based on users logged in. I have never used the Korn shell and have no clue what I am doing, can anyone help. here are the conditions that need to be returned. if users are below 5 displays should be: performance is high if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vthokiefan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting the users logged in according to the number of processes

Is it possible to get a list of users sorted by the number of processes executed by each. I have a HP - UX server with 2800 processes running currently. And I want to know the number of processes owned by each person logged in to that server.something like below: user1 : 150 Processes user2 :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: engineer
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing a simple script to get total number of cpus/cores in server

Hi, I am very new to scripting and I wanted to write a unix shell script which can give me, 1)number of cpu's in a box 2)number of cores per cpu 3)total number of cores in abox (ie multiplying 1&2) I am also trying to figure out how to check if hyper-threading is enabled in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: steven12
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get total number of users and their groups in remote UNIX machine

Hi All I am trying to do ssh to different server and on the remote server for each user trying to get groups of that user but i am not getting the required result. ssh username@ip_address "for i in $( cat /etc/passwd| cut -d: -f1);do groups $i done;exit" >>abc.txt only names are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ekamjot
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Logged in users on a Linux server are counted twice

Scenario: 1. Log into a linux server interface as root. 2. Inititiate an SSH session with the server using Putty and a valid user account (e.g. fakeuser). 3. Log into TTY2 of the linux server interface using another valid user account (e.g. faketester). Issue: With these three login... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies

9. Linux

Logged in users on a Linux server are counted twice

Scenario: Log into a linux server interface as root. Inititiate an SSH session with the server using Putty and a valid user account (e.g. fakeuser). Log into TTY2 of the linux server interface using another valid user account (e.g. faketester). Issue: With these three login sessions,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: walterthered
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Tip] How to display the number of logged-in users

In a professional environment with traditional application you often want (or are asked) to report the users. Traditionally there is the who command who | awk '{print $1}'telnetd or sshd register the users in the utmp file, to be shown with who, w, users, finger, pinky, ... In addition they... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MadeInGermany
1 Replies
uptime(1)							   User Commands							 uptime(1)

NAME
uptime - show how long the system has been up SYNOPSIS
uptime DESCRIPTION
The uptime command prints the current time, the length of time the system has been up, and the average number of jobs in the run queue over the last 1, 5 and 15 minutes. It is, essentially, the first line of a w(1) command. EXAMPLES
Below is an example of the output uptime provides: example% uptime 10:47am up 27 day(s), 50 mins, 1 user, load average: 0.18, 0.26, 0.20 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
w(1), who(1), whodo(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
who -b gives the time the system was last booted. SunOS 5.10 18 Mar 1994 uptime(1)