Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX VIOS IVM unavailable - how do I restart it? Post 302499468 by need2bageek on Thursday 24th of February 2011 12:24:27 PM
Old 02-24-2011
smurphy,
Thanks a bunch for the advice. I switched out of the restricted shell to get root access and grepped for http. Sure enough, it wasn't running. Executing "/usr/ios/lpm/sbin/httpdmgr start" gave me an error stating that lwistart.sh was not running. I located that at /usr/ios/lpm/gui/httpd/bin/ and executed it. That's now running, and when I run httpdmgr start it now says "Error: lwistart.sh is already running. Done" So I'm not sure what this thing wants. It's not happy whether or not lwistart.sh is running. Seems to be sending me in circles. So I ended up opening a PMR with IBM and I'll post the solution when we find one.

Thanks!

---------- Post updated at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:20 AM ----------

HA! Guess I spoke too soon. I just checked the IVM web interface again after posting my reply and now it's available. So it apparently needs some time after executing lwistart.sh before it becomes available. Seemed to take about 10 minutes.

Thanks again, smurphy. Your advice worked. I just needed a little patience. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

IVM vs. HMC woes

I have a running VIO server that was managed via IVM. We made the (apparent) mistake of trying to connect a HMC server to it. Other than making a connection, no work has been done via HMC. We've since decided we don't want to use HMC and it's been powered off for a couple of weeks. However,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjs226
1 Replies

2. AIX

how to use command line in IVM

I have a bladecenter and js22, how to login IVM's command line such as HMC command line? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

3. AIX

Cant login to the LPAR using IVM

Hi guys, I am kind of new to this PowerVM thing. I have created a virtual disk and partition. With the IVM, when I try to open terminal wndow, a virtual terminal appeared and ask for password. it says there: In order to acess the terminal, you must first authenticate with IVM Hostname... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingcross
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fork: Resource temporarily unavailable , server unexpectedly unavailable network connection

Solaris 10 Server refuse to connect :wall: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable , server unexpectedly unavailable network connection , refuse error, disconnect message, fatal error type2, (protocol error type2) Issue has been resolved after taken few steps :b: First of all need to check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: taherahmed
1 Replies

5. AIX

IVM

Can somebody help me on IVM? I have installed vio 2.2 on a js21 server. It has 2 physical ether ports, what I want to do is create ether channel say en15 and en16 are physical and en17 is ether channel. I have created 2 clients on this server, now the question is can I map this en17 to both... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

6. AIX

VIOS IP address - separate vlan for vios servers ?

Hello, Lets say for simplicity that I do not use any vlan config inside my server - one lpar group use hea physical port1, another group hea physical port2. Physical port1 configured as vlan1 on external switch, physical port2 as vlan2. What is the common practice - should I isolate my vios... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

7. AIX

IBM VIOS POWERVM IVM error

Hi, When I try to login on my vios ivm website http://vios through the browser -- all three of them -- firefox , chrome , Internet Explorer , i get this error http://vioserver/j_security_check I have java installed on the machine from where i am trying to open up the IVM/VIOS webpage. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

8. AIX

CD-ROM issue with PowerVM IVM VIOS

I am facing problems in moving CD-ROM from one lpar to another. CDROM can be seen on the POWERVM (IVM) server , but through the web-access if I move it ( assign it ) to LPAR it will be assigned. I run cfgmgr , and the cdrom does not show up in the LPAR. I firmly believe this is the reason why I... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX VIOS IVM Ethernet problem

Hi All, I have a p520 box running 3 LPARs, 1 x VIOS, 1 x AIX 6.1 and 1 x AIX 7.1 and no HMC, all configuration is performed via VIOS/IVM Until recently the box did not have the AIX7.1 LPAR and everything was fine with the box. We needed to use AIX 7.1 for a new project, so I created a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: KevB
11 Replies

10. AIX

Powervm ivm vios

Hello, After installing on P6 which is POWERVM IVM VIOS enabled (VET CODE D21C77ACD9229817CA1F00002C10004164 ) i get this message "I/O hosting requires a hosting partition - boot not permitted". HMC was connected to the machine then HMC was removed through ASMI Searching on... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
PIDOF(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual						  PIDOF(8)

NAME
pidof -- find the process ID of a running program. SYNOPSIS
pidof [-s] [-x] [-o omitpid] [-o omitpid..] program [program..] DESCRIPTION
Pidof finds the process id's (pids) of the named programs. It prints those id's on the standard output. This program is on some systems used in run-level change scripts, especially when the system has a System-V like rc structure. In that case these scripts are located in /etc/rc?.d, where ? is the runlevel. If the system has a start-stop-daemon (8) program that should be used instead. OPTIONS
-s Single shot - this instructs the program to only return one pid. -x Scripts too - this causes the program to also return process id's of shells running the named scripts. -o Tells pidof to omit processes with that process id. The special pid %PPID can be used to name the parent process of the pidof pro- gram, in other words the calling shell or shell script. NOTES
pidof is simply a (symbolic) link to the killall5 program, which should also be located in /sbin. When pidof is invoked with a full pathname to the program it should find the pid of, it is reasonably safe. Otherwise it is possible that it returns pids of running programs that happen to have the same name as the program you're after but are actually other programs. SEE ALSO
shutdown(8), init(8), halt(8), reboot(8) AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl 01 Sep 1998 PIDOF(8)