Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How do I configure kickstart server to install different images Post 302499236 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 23rd of February 2011 06:46:00 PM
Old 02-23-2011
PXE can load a program into a client's memory and start it. However it the easier to manage if you first load a bootloader into the client. The bootloader then loads its configuration file via TFTP from next-server.

Assuming the bootloader you are using is pxelinux, this should help you: How to Install Red Hat Linux via PXE and Kickstart: Bootloader

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to install/configure OpenSSH4.1 on Solaris 10

Hi All, I am New to Open SSH. I need to install OpenSSH on Solaris 10. We tried with Sun-SSH1.1, but not helpful. So, we need to install only OpenSSH. Few questions.. 1. Is OpenSSH-4.1 compatible with Solaris 10? 2. if so, which version do I need to install? is it Portable or OpenBSD? 3.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venusunil
2 Replies

2. Linux

How to install or configure my WiFi?

Hi every body i m new using mandriva 2009 spring linux and i need to cofigure my wifi i have nexx card 54M 8085 it drivers in windows say realtec (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaa1
1 Replies

3. Linux

Kickstart server

Hello everyone, I have problem while configuring kickstart server .i have performed some steps but still i am unable to configure kickstart server on CentOS 5.4. I have performed following steps:- yum install system-config-kickstart mkdir /kickstart mount /dev/cdrom /media cd /media... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karan chauhan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not Sure How to Look for Not Used Images On the Server

Hello All: I a website with over 1800 pages in all HTML and I am trying to figure out, what is the best way for me to see when the image files were last accessed. Reason being, I am sure I have images in there that were not deleted when a page was taken offline or whatever and I would like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmsquillace
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHEL Kickstart Pre-Install script

Hey all, I'm not sure if this possible but I had tested it out manually during the installation (placed a sleep in the pre-installation) and it worked. I'm trying to have a pexpect script to log into the mysql and input a new row for the pre-installation, which will end up displaying on a web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karljbaker
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

kickstart minimum install with a gui

What are the packages that you need for a kickstart minimum install with a gui? I commented out the packages I don't think I need. Am I right? %packages @admin-tools @base @core #@editors #@fonts @gnome-desktop #@games #@graphical-internet #@graphics @hardware-support @input-methods... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install Unix OS with the Kickstart?

I am new to the Kickstart. I have a question: If I have a kickstart script in USB, CentOS CD and a PC without the OS, Can I install the CentOS with the Kickstart script? If I can, How can I identify the location of the kickstart when I boot the computer with the CentOS CD? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thsecmaniac
0 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Configure the AD Window server with Linux server(google Authenticator is installed)

Hi my name is Manju. ->I have configure the two way authentication on my linux server. ->Now I am able to apply two way authenticator on particuler user. ->Now I want to map this linux server to my AD server. ->Kindly tell me how to map AD(Active Directory) with this linux server. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Prevent kickstart to install image on external LUN

on the HP box , when we try to kickstart , the Linux gets installed on external LUN (Storage) .. so we end up unmapping the LUN and rekick , is there a way to disable the kickstart to ignore the external LUN incase we net boot it again (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
1 Replies
KLOADER(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						KLOADER(4)

NAME
kloader -- in-kernel bootloader SYNOPSIS
options KLOADER options KLOADER_KERNEL_PATH=""/netbsd"" DESCRIPTION
The kloader is the in-kernel bootloader for platforms that do not have a proper firmware. Some platforms supported by NetBSD do not have a firmware that can boot the NetBSD kernel. Examples are game consoles (dreamcast port), and handhelds (hpcarm, hpcmips, and hpcsh ports). On such platforms the bootloader is usually a host program that runs under the native OS. This means that rebooting NetBSD is a lengthy process of booting into the native OS first, launching the bootloader program, and finally booting NetBSD again. This problem is addressed by kloader, which allows the currently running kernel to serve as a bootloader for the ker- nel being booted, thus avoiding the burden of booting into the native OS first. When kloader is configured into the kernel, a call to reboot(2) causes the kloader to load the new kernel into memory, and arrange for con- trol to be passed to the new kernel -- just like a standalone bootloader does. The new kernel then boots in the ordinary manner. SEE ALSO
reboot(2), boot(8), reboot(8) HISTORY
kloader first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. BUGS
kloader ignores howto and bootstr arguments passed to the reboot(2) system call, and reboots the system with the previous boot settings. kloader doesn't support booting compressed kernels. The hpcarm port doesn't support kloader yet. BSD
April 3, 2004 BSD