Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error while connecting to Oracle with Script Post 302498954 by Oracle_User on Wednesday 23rd of February 2011 12:57:13 AM
Old 02-23-2011
Error while connecting to Oracle with Script

Experts,

I am using the following Linux version:

Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.9-22.ELsmp #1 SMP Mon Sep 19 18:32:14 EDT 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

and creating a ksh script with below code in it.
Code:
clear
sqlplus RIB/RIB321@RIB_LOCAL
#whenever sqlerror exit failure
#set serveroutput on size 1000000
exec entry_to_employees_result('Raja','Khan','eftgggs@gmail.com','12');
exit;

while running the above script, It connects me to the oracle database but its not executing the procedure 'entry_to_employees_result'. Then, writing EXIT manually i am getting the below mentioned error:
Code:
SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Wed Feb 23 04:38:36 2011
Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Connected to:
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options
JServer Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production
SQL> exit
Disconnected from Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options
JServer Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production
./insert_to_table.ksh[14]: syntax error: `(' unexpected
[origin@localhost testdir]$

Can anyone help me out of this.

Regards
Oracle User

Last edited by Franklin52; 02-23-2011 at 03:28 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

error connecting sql through a shell script

Hi I am getting this error while connecting to sql through a shell script, whereas i am able to connect to sql directly. It was working properly earlier, no clue why i am getting this. Please find the log below: FTP to <IP> completed Wed Apr 30 11:42:01 BST 2008 Program ended. Wed Apr 30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nehak
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle Database

if; sql="select username from dba_users where username = '$FromUser';" check_FromUser=`ExecSql "$sql"` I want to connect to Oracle database & check the users in the database, store the value in check_FromUser. First how to connect to Oracle database from the shell script ? Appreciate your... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error connecting oracle from inside while loop

Hi, I m trying to connect oracle database from inside while loop. I m trying to put the output of sql query in a flat file. Anyone please help me out. cat $FILE_NAME | \ while read da_name do $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s user_name/password@instance << EOF >> $OUTPUT_FILE select... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to oracle database from shell script

Hi all, I am satyakiran , i am new to the forum. i never done shell scripts for connecting to the data base (oracle) and fetching the data from the database( thru sql select statements ) i want to know 1. how to connect to the data base(oracle) using shell script 2. how to retrieve data... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyakiran
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

run shell script connecting to oracle from crontab

Hi, I have problems with running shell script connecting to Oracle from the crontab. Here is the script: #!/sbin/sh ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/10g/ export ORACLE_HOME if then echo "Source path is not specified" exit fi /opt/oracle/10g/bin/sqlplus user/pass@testdb << EOF truncate table... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting CA::Autosys to oracle DB

Hi :), I have installed CA Autosys in my Unix system. It contains 3 ( .pm ) files namely AutoSys.pm, Job.pm, Status.pm ....... in a directory CA. Am trying to work with autosys for first time. Please guide in how do i connect autosys to oracle DB in my system. My oracle db name is XE.. Thank... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhuvaneshlal
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me Connecting CA::Autosys to oracle DB

Hi :), Am new to work with Autosys. I have Oracle installed in my computer. Please guide me how to configure and connect autosys with oracle database. thank you..!:) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhuvaneshlal
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to Oracle DB using sqlplus

Hi, I am very new to shell scripting and trying to write a simple shell script in which i am trying to achieve the following: 1. Connect to oracle database hosted on a different server 2. fire a query on the oracle db 3. store the output in a variable 4. use this variable for further logic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to oracle database

Hai i want to connect to oracle database from user input and create a view. ${ECHO} "Debut Creating View" ${ECHO} "Please Enter the User Name:" read user_name ${ECHO} "Please Enter the Connection String:" read con_string ${ECHO} "Please Enter the Password:" read pwd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shenthil76
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Connecting to Oracle database

Hi guys, long time no typing :D I have problems when I try to connect to Oracle database from SQL Developer which is located on my Windows box. Server is running Solaris 11/11 and Oracle 11 enterprise. I can log in locally with sys account to database, start it up and shut it down but when I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
2 Replies
PHP_UNAME(3)								 1							      PHP_UNAME(3)

php_uname - Returns information about the operating system PHP is running on

SYNOPSIS
string php_uname ([string $mode = "a"]) DESCRIPTION
php_uname(3) returns a description of the operating system PHP is running on. This is the same string you see at the very top of the phpinfo(3) output. For the name of just the operating system, consider using the PHP_OS constant, but keep in mind this constant will con- tain the operating system PHP was built on. On some older UNIX platforms, it may not be able to determine the current OS information in which case it will revert to displaying the OS PHP was built on. This will only happen if your uname() library call either doesn't exist or doesn't work. PARAMETERS
o $mode -$mode is a single character that defines what information is returned: o 'a': This is the default. Contains all modes in the sequence "s n r v m". o 's': Operating system name. eg. FreeBSD. o 'n': Host name. eg. localhost.example.com. o 'r': Release name. eg. 5.1.2-RELEASE. o 'v': Version information. Varies a lot between operating systems. o 'm': Machine type. eg. i386. RETURN VALUES
Returns the description, as a string. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Some php_uname(3) examples <?php echo php_uname(); echo PHP_OS; /* Some possible outputs: Linux localhost 2.4.21-0.13mdk #1 Fri Mar 14 15:08:06 EST 2003 i686 Linux FreeBSD localhost 3.2-RELEASE #15: Mon Dec 17 08:46:02 GMT 2001 FreeBSD Windows NT XN1 5.1 build 2600 WINNT */ if (strtoupper(substr(PHP_OS, 0, 3)) === 'WIN') { echo 'This is a server using Windows!'; } else { echo 'This is a server not using Windows!'; } ?> There are also some related Predefined PHP constants that may come in handy, for example: Example #2 A few OS related constant examples <?php // *nix echo DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR; // / echo PHP_SHLIB_SUFFIX; // so echo PATH_SEPARATOR; // : // Win* echo DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR; // echo PHP_SHLIB_SUFFIX; // dll echo PATH_SEPARATOR; // ; ?> SEE ALSO
phpversion(3), php_sapi_name(3), phpinfo(3). PHP Documentation Group PHP_UNAME(3)