Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Blocking an IP address
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Blocking an IP address Post 302498755 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 22nd of February 2011 11:10:44 AM
Old 02-22-2011
If you have iptables configured and running:
Code:
iptables -I INPUT -s <IP_ADDRESS_TO_BLOCK> -j DROP
service iptables reload

Replace <IP_ADDRESS_TO_BLOCK> with the ip address you want to block.

You can check the status of your iptables service with:
Code:
service iptables status

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

blocking DHCP

I've got a legit DHCP server on my network. I've got a 3550 as my VTP server providing 4 vlans to 4 2950 switches. If somebody were to plug into one of those vlans with a DHCP server configured then it would throw off my whole network. How could i block the DHCP server that could plug into the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

How to Achive IP address through MAC(Ethernet) address

Hi sir, i want to make such programe which takes MAC(Ethernet) address of any host & give me its IP address....... but i'm nt getting that how i can pass the MAC address to Frame........ Please give me an idea for making such program... Thanks & regards Krishna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnacins
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Panic kernal-mode address fault on user address 0x14

:) Firstly Hi all!!, im NEW!! and on here hoping that someone might be able to offer me some help... i have a server that keeps crashing every few days with the error message: PANIC KERNAL-MODE ADDRESS FAULT ON USER ADDRESS 0X14 KERNAL PAGE FAULT FROM (CS:EIP)=(100:EF71B5BD) EAX=EF822000... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twix
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ps blocking

Hi Folks I have been debugging a script that is called every thirty seconds. Basically it is doing a ps, well two actually, one to file (read by the getline below) and the other into a pipe. The one into the pipe is: - V_SYSVPS=/usr/sysv/bin/ps $V_SYSVPS -p$PIDLIST -o$PSARGS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Tracing a MAC address to IP address: Solaris

Hi there I lost connectivity to one of our remote systems and when I checked the messages log I found the following: Aug 10 23:42:34 host xntpd: time reset (step) 1.681729 s Aug 16 13:20:51 host ip: WARNING: node "mac address" is using our IP address x.x.x.x on aggr1 Aug 16 13:20:51 host... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
9 Replies

6. Programming

non blocking connect

OS : solaris 10 X86 I created stream socket, tries to connect to port 7 on the remote machine. After doing the non blocking connect call I did select with time out value is 3 secs. I am always getting timed out though I am writing prior to select. code: x=fcntl(S,F_GETFL,0);... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satish@123
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Blocking signals

I know how to add signal to a set. But what if I want to add 2 or 3 signals to the set. I know I can use sigaddset (&set,SIGBUS)....but what if I want to add SIGBUS and SIGALRM at once. Do i have to do it like this.. sigaddset (&set,SIGBUS); sigaddset (&set,SIGALRM); Is there another way to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker40
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

ping blocking

Hi I am starting to practice nmap for my own education. Now I created two host in virtual box. Bot are scientific linux, one in installed as web server and the other as developing station. I tried to run nmap on so I did nmap on their IP address, I got an answer that ip is down or that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
8 Replies

9. Programming

Which are blocking and non-blocking api's in sockets in C ?

among the below socket programming api's, please let me know which are blocking and non-blocking. socket accept bind listen write read close (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C program to detect duplicate ip address if any after assigning ip address to ethernet interface

Hi , Could someone let me know how to detect duplicate ip address after assigning ip address to ethernet interface using c program (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
3 Replies
IPTABLES-SAVE(8)						  iptables 1.6.1						  IPTABLES-SAVE(8)

NAME
iptables-save -- dump iptables rules to stdout ip6tables-save -- dump iptables rules to stdout SYNOPSIS
iptables-save [-M modprobe] [-c] [-t table] ip6tables-save [-M modprobe] [-c] [-t table] DESCRIPTION
iptables-save and ip6tables-save are used to dump the contents of IP or IPv6 Table in easily parseable format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirect- ion provided by your shell to write to a file. -M, --modprobe modprobe_program Specify the path to the modprobe program. By default, iptables-save will inspect /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe to determine the exe- cutable's path. -c, --counters include the current values of all packet and byte counters in the output -t, --table tablename restrict output to only one table. If not specified, output includes all available tables. BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.2.1 release AUTHORS
Harald Welte <laforge@gnumonks.org> Rusty Russell <rusty@rustcorp.com.au> Andras Kis-Szabo <kisza@sch.bme.hu> contributed ip6tables-save. SEE ALSO
iptables-apply(8),iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) The iptables-HOWTO, which details more iptables usage, the NAT-HOWTO, which details NAT, and the netfilter-hacking-HOWTO which details the internals. iptables 1.6.1 IPTABLES-SAVE(8)