Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Playing with parameters
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Playing with parameters Post 302498246 by Chubler_XL on Sunday 20th of February 2011 06:36:35 PM
Old 02-20-2011
How about this:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
while [ $# -gt 1 ]
do
   msg="$msg $1"
   shift
done
echo $msg | gammu sendsms TEXT $1

or

Code:
#!/bin/bash
echo ${@:1:$# - 1} | gammu sendsms TEXT ${@:$#}

Last edited by Chubler_XL; 02-20-2011 at 07:41 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

playing audio

Hi all, I play audio through the web browser and it plays ok on windows. When i try the same thing on unix i get the error message "sh: /usr/local/bin/sox: not found. I've tried 'locate sox' and can't seem to find it. Is there some way I can change the browser settings so they play the audio... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: molli_81
3 Replies

2. SCO

Help! Playing with Xenix!

Hey everyone! I'm trying to retrieve old files from my Xenix computers. So the option I've now come down to is to load up a second harddrive and do a doscp of my tar'd backup file. Now, How do I go about this? I am not a unix user myself so I'm not quite sure. I need help! I have a VERY short... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Slaughter
1 Replies

3. Programming

Playing Audio files in C

Hi All, Looking for an assistance on how to access the speakers of my machine and play audio files using C. Any tutorials will be of great help. Regards, Sayantan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sayantan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

playing games from another directory?

If "photopia.dat" is a game. To play it, you would normally type "frotz photopia.dat" (assuming you are in the directory where photopia.dat resides). But what if I'm in my home directory, photopia.dat is in the "games" directory, and I want to play it without switching directories? What command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greeky
2 Replies

5. AIX

tuning network parameters : parameters not persist after reboot

Hello, On Aix 5.2, we changed the parameters tcp_keepinit, tcp_keepintvl and tcp_keepidle with the no command. tunrestore -R is present in inittab in the directory /etc/tunables we can clearly see the inclusion of parameters during reboot, including the file lastboot.log ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab not playing

This is my crontab: MAILTO="" # m h dom mon dow command # Check to see if the fridge door has been left open * * * * * fridgedoor #Get temperature readings from fridge and save to monthly file in Downloads 30 0,4,8,12,16,20 * * * fridge 40 0 * * * sendfridge * * * * *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fitch
2 Replies

7. Linux

Playing with the Linux Scheduler

Hi, To begin with let me explain my system and then I will come to the problem. System: My program forks 2 child processes. These child processes further start 2 user level threads (pthreads) and 2 kernel level threads (kthread). All these threads issue various system calls. I am using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: demigod85
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Playing with httpd.conf

Hello Guys !! wanted to use SED to pull cout the full vertualhost entry for domain which is specified from command line Like (IP base httpd.conf) domain="ServerName takemewithyou.in" sed -n '/<VirtualHost* $domain/,/<\/VirtualHost>/p' httpd.conf File can take to test is below ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilvesterJ
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed command playing with me!

Hello guys, I was working with my data (a tab delimted text file) in Linux and wanted to replace all "NaN" values in my huge table with "NA", so i used the following sed command: sed 's/NaN/NA/g' /filepath -> outputfile.txt The results were good, all "NaN" were replaced with "NA", but the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Error404
7 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)