Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting KSH Output not coming correctly !!! Post 302498062 by rdcwayx on Friday 18th of February 2011 11:21:20 PM
Old 02-19-2011
Code:
for MEDIA in `awk '{print $2}' /tmp/freeze1`
do
  nbemmcmd -listmedia -mediaid $MEDIA | awk '/Media Type:|Last Mount:|Data Expiration:|Valid Images:/ {printf $3 FS}END{printf RS}' 
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatted output in KSH

Hi, Is there some way to get formatted output in ksh? Something like a properly alligned tabular format. I tried adding '\t' to echo statements, but it doesn't come properly alligned 'hello' A simple Hello 'helloworld' A helloworld statement I need the second coloumn to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psynaps3
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script not displaying output correctly

Hi, I am having an issue with my script, ofcourse... I am trying to run commands against a remote server, I am pulling the hostnames or IPs from a file list, then looping thru and running the date cmd. I will be running different cmds just trying to get it working first. The ouput isn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfezz1
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output coming in different line instead of single line

Hi Guys, I have an oracle database, I am trying to query the database and route it to file. But the records instead of coming in a single line, are coming in three lines. Can you please help me.. in this.. sqlplus -s $SRMUserid/$SRMPassword@$SRMServer<< EOF >log.out; select * from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

5. Solaris

sqlplus output from ksh.

Hi All, I have the below simple script. It runs just fine by itself when I manually invoke it. But once I put it in the crontab with entry: * * * * * /users/myuser/test.ksh >> /users/myuser/log/test.txt" It does NOT print the returned value ($REMAIN) from the DB!? The result in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ksh script - not getting output from ls

Hi! I'm a complete noob, and I'm trying to write a little script that takes a directory pathname as input from the CL, checks whether it exists, and if not creates it, then shows it worked using ls. Everything works beautifully except in the first instance, wherein the directory is created, ls... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudon't
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output in for loop (ksh)

Hi , I'm writing the for loop script in home directory and wanted to get the files from /etc/data directory. #!/bin/ksh file_nm="/etc/dat" for test_data in $file_nm/fln* do echo "$test_data" done the code is executing successfully , but in the output it is showing ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output not coming as desired.

Hi guys. I have a file containing some hosts and their IPs. host host1 192.168.2.10 host host2 192.168.2.11 host host3 192.168.2.12 I am writing a script where I want to print these values in 1 line. My script looks like RUNTIME_NODE=`cat hosts.properties | grep host` for i in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Output coming in wrong format....

Hi team, getting output logs wrong in different format from telnet script ... getting Output.txt macro_outdoor_dist-6.0.0(v4_0_2) DN:1.3.903 (1101:100:11w:500:3:2:103:aa) macro_outdoor_dist-8.1.0(v3_1_0) DN:1.3.409 (N/A)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Top Command Output is not coming via Cronjob

Dear All, I created a small script to get the CPU, GIS usage etc automatically. However when i run this script manually its working , but when i run through cronjob i am not getting any output. Can anyone please help me on this. I am using SuseLinux. Thank you in advance. #!/bin/sh {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nitin Kapoor
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)