Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Substitution/Addition
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Substitution/Addition Post 302497449 by vgersh99 on Thursday 17th of February 2011 08:14:40 AM
Old 02-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcwayx
@kurumi @vgersh99

There are two requests.
as stated: "the rest is left as an exercise for the OP"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Addition problem

Hello Seniors!!! I am trying to add to lines on a file which is delimited by character "|". input.txt Desired Output file should give simple addition. output.txt Can some one provide me simple awk solution to this. M struggling to solve this using awk & for loop inside awk. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlyroshni
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

addition

Hi all, I am new to perl. I need help adding bunch of numbers. I have a file look like this: 1 1 2 1 2 3 1 2 3 4 1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: email-lalit
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with addition

Hi all, I am getting following output by using commands like sort, uniq and awk to the standard output. 110 d 40 a 59 c 9 b 3 e Now at the end I would like to add all the numbers in column 1 and display the count of all numbers i.e. (110 + 40 + 59 + 9 + 3). Also the output may... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Addition

Hi all, I am very new to shell programming and trying to learn out the basics. I tried this: $ echo `expr 20 + 30` and it worked. But when i tried this,it does not work. $ a=20 $ b=30 $ echo `expr a + b` The error is: expr: non-numeric argument I cant understand why its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gautamshaw
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Addition Of New Fields

Hi, I want to add 3 new fields in the existing file.Please find the example below. input: UID: ABCD UNAME: XYZ Desired Output Tmiestamp: 20101208 UID: ABCD UNAME: XYZ DEPTNO:40 ModifyTImestamp:20101209 If you see the above i have added the 3 columns manually in the output section... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nani7574
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk addition

How would I print out the total amount through awk? I tried using print "Total Amount: " $4+$4; Would I have to do a for loop to get through everything? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boltftw
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on addition in shell

i need shell script to add to numbers #!/usr/bin/sh a=1310601600 ------> epcho time of Thu, 14 Jul 2011 00:00:00 UTC b=864000 -------> 10 days in sec c=`expr $a+$b` echo $c----1311465600> this output i will use this value to delete the data from MySQL db next i need to set... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreedhargouda
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

addition of decimal no

a=10.00 pattern=-11.00 b=`echo "$a $pattern" | awk ' printf("%d\n", $1 + $2)'` echo $b not working, also trined bc ,dc but thats not on my m/c. also expr not supporting. any clue? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saluja.deepak
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limitation in addition

whats wrong with this addition? Whats the maximum number of digits can be handled? pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/Downloads$ const=201234454654768979799999 pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/Downloads$ let new+=const pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/Downloads$ echo $new -2152890657037557890 pandeeswaran@ubuntu:~/Downloads$ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Addition of new line

Hi I have a file whose contents are as follows: sorce1 LEN assumption 695 3570 0.770047 - . ID=f000001.1;source_id=A.off_LEN_10008424; sorce1 LEN descriptive 3334 3570 . - 0 Parent=f000001.1; sorce1 LEN ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sa@@
8 Replies
INSTR(3)						       MBK UTILITY FUNCTIONS							  INSTR(3)

NAME
instr - find an occurence of a string in a string, starting at a specified character. ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr SYNOPSYS
#include "mut.h" char *instr(s, find, from) char *s, *find, from; PARAMETERS
s Pointer to the string to be searched for the pattern find Pointer to the string to be found, the pattern from Character to be searched backwards before searching for the pattern DESCRIPTION
instr searches the first occurence of the string find in the string s, starting its search at the last occurence of the from character in the string s. If either s or find is NULL, the function returns NULL. If from is (char)0, the pattern is searched from the begining of s. This quite exotic behaviour is useful to search the occurence of a name in a string resulting from a flatten, when only a terminal object name is to be taken into account. RETURN VALUES
instr return NULL either if the pattern find is not present in the searched string s, or if one at least of these two string are NULL. If the pattern is found, a value different from NULL is returned. EXAMPLE
#include "mut.h" /* check for the pattern 'ck' anywhere in the string */ #define contains_ck(name)instr(name, "ck", ' ') /* check for the pattern 'ck' in the signal name, not instance ones */ #define isclock(ptsig) instr(getsigname(ptsig), "ck", SEPAR) SEE ALSO
mbk(1), isvdd(3), isvss(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 INSTR(3)